• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Can someone please sum up the pissing and moaning over the PS4's RAM?

It's like the damn apocalypse over there.

I read like one page to see how Smokey got banned and that's all I could handle

I refuse to think that these are actual grown men arguing over this stuff

KingGondo

Banned
I read like one page to see how Smokey got banned and that's all I could handle

I refuse to think that these are actual grown men arguing over this stuff
I used to get caught up in console wars stuff, but that was when the GameCube and original Xbox came out, and I was like 15.

The dumb thing is that 75% (if not more) of the games next gen will be multiplatform and will look the same on both consoles. Hell with a few exceptions that's pretty much the case now, and next gen the systems will be even closer in architecture. Just go with the system that has the exclusives you like (for me that's Sony's first party).

Can someone please sum up the pissing and moaning over the PS4's RAM?

It's like the damn apocalypse over there.
It's not so much a piss or a moan as it is" see PS4 ain't so great now" or "Sony lied to us, I'm canceling my preorder". I was trying to make actual sense of the news with guys like Vestal who somewhat can understand it but its just impossible.

To be honest it's just as bad as when the RAM first got revealed.

Omega

Banned
I hope the Knicks get Delonte, the one thing that's guaranteed to work is surrounding Melo with more head cases. Every team in our division moved backwards, we might have the division title wrapped up by January.

PS - I'm loving the insanity on the gaming side right now, but I'm not going to be posting there much over the next couple of months. The first bits of good Xbox news and bad PS4 news has broken the balance over there, it's chaos, and making fun of people for shit they said months ago will get you banned apparently.

what's the PS4 bad news?

Cornbread78

what's the PS4 bad news?

there really wasn't any, just an explaination on the ram distribution, which led to a fanboy flame war of xbots pounding tneir chests saying PS4 was a joke and Sony lied, etc.. At the end of the day, PS4 still uses GDDR5 (5.5 available for games) and the Xbone uses DDR3, (5gb available for games)

GDDR5>>>>>DDR3
&
$399>>>>>>$499...

that's about all there is to say, but the console warriors must make a battle of it. Not one dev complaint about it, lol...

jjasper

It's not so much a piss or a moan as it is" see PS4 ain't so great now" or "Sony lied to us, I'm canceling my preorder". I was trying to make actual sense of the news with guys like Vestal who somewhat can understand it but its just impossible.

To be honest it's just as bad as when the RAM first got revealed.

It is worse cause it is a bunch of schizoids acting like some company has wronged them and lied when in reality they were never told and just assuming. and another group of schizoids acting like they are the champions.

What makes no sense is that Sony posts that video showing off the social functions and multitasking in the UI plus the knowledge of the fact that it has a sleep and instant on feature and the video recording in the background and you have everyone saying it will never be that quick. Then it comes out and the OS is using a lot of memory and they find it absolutely shocking.

Also the preorder cancelling cause of memory allocations to an OS is probably the dumbest thing I have ever seen on this forum and I have seen a lot of dumb shit.

I used to get caught up in console wars stuff, but that was when the GameCube and original Xbox came out, and I was like 15.

The worst part is when you see some of those people post in some thread in the OT and realize they are like 35 and older and have kids.

I think the last time I got involved in that fanboy shit was when I was 11 in 1993. I was in "Sega is awesome, Nintendo is for kiddies" mode. When I was 15, I got a job at a grocery store and bought both the PS1 and N64 on the same day after saving a bunch of checks. After that, there was no going back to the old fanboy ways.

Omega

Banned
there really wasn't any, just an explaination on the ram distribution, which led to a fanboy flame war of xbots pounding tneir chests saying PS4 was a joke and Sony lied, etc.. At the end of the day, PS4 still uses GDDR5 (5.5 available for games) and the Xbone uses DDR3, (5gb available for games)

GDDR5>>>>>DDR3
&
$399>>>>>>$499...

that's about all there is to say, but the console warriors must make a battle of it. Not one dev complaint about it, lol...

console wars are dumb as shit. not because people fight for inanimate objects, but why they do. they fight over theoretical power and other stuuff that in the end, doesn't really matter.

games are made for the lowest common denominator. PS4 could have 50GB GDDR5 and it wouldn't mean a damn thing

Forever

Banned
hevvThF.png

Two things.

1) The Dolans have now given up 5 draft picks in trades involving Camby.

2) The Dolanites have a breathtaking persecution complex. They really believe that their team the best thing since fried chicken and that a vast media conspiracy is denying them their due props as true contenders.

Console wars are stupid. Irrational attachments to companies that just wanna pull your pants down and fuck you over simply for the sake of them being familiar, or because of childhood nostalgia. It's like being a knicks fan.

So I'm moving to So Cal in about 2-3 months. I should be able to watch all Bulls games through NBA League Pass that aren't national games, correct? I'm not sure that I'll be getting cable tv, so I have to figure out what I'm going to do for the TNT/other national telecasts.

Cornbread78

So I'm moving to So Cal in about 2-3 months. I should be able to watch all Bulls games through NBA League Pass that aren't national games, correct? I'm not sure that I'll be getting cable tv, so I have to figure out what I'm going to do for the TNT/other national telecasts.

you will have to get the league pass from Cox, at least that's what my buddy did when he moved to SD from Boston...

giri

not unless it is available via smart tv..

Huh?

online league pass only blacks out local games. So if he's a bulls fan primarily, but lives in socal, he'll be able to watch most bulls games that aren't national broadcasts. Except maybe vs lakers/clippers

The national broadcasts though i don't know about.

I'm 3.5 seasons into Breaking Bad and it's really good, but I don't get the hate for Skyler...She's just a normal (though attractive and intelligent) person who has been constantly exposed to one of the most pathetic human beings possible. Other than
not turning Walt in due to caring too much about him and her son's emotional health
she's done like...One other stupid/bitchy/bad thing in this series so far.

On-topic: Ian Clark's shooting numbers are really great so I think picking him up is an okay move.

I'm 3.5 seasons into Breaking Bad and it's really good, but I don't get the hate for Skylar...She's just a normal (though attractive and intelligent) person who has been constantly exposed to one of the most pathetic human beings possible. Other than
not turning Walt in due to caring too much about him and her son's emotional health

On-topic: Ian Clark's shooting numbers are really great so I think picking him up is an okay move.
it's because everyone is rooting for Walt and Skylar is always telling him how stupid he is.

basically.

Huh?

online league pass only blacks out local games. So if he's a bulls fan primarily, but lives in socal, he'll be able to watch most bulls games that aren't national broadcasts. Except maybe vs lakers/clippers

It depends if the local network broadcasts the games that are also nationally televised. The Knicks do that a lot.

exarkun

Damn dawg, you an old ass man.

I occasionally visit gaming-side, usually when Im ultra bored, and when I do I can't believe I used to post over there. People take things personally and HAVE to prove they're right about some minute thing that you probably were saying in jest. So passive aggressive.

I bought League Pass broadband and watched it through my xbox last year. 129$ for five teams on my television in HD. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Bread

Banned
I'm 3.5 seasons into Breaking Bad and it's really good, but I don't get the hate for Skyler...She's just a normal (though attractive and intelligent) person who has been constantly exposed to one of the most pathetic human beings possible. Other than

yup skylar is the most unfairly hated character on television, the amount of hate she receives is awful and it says something about our culture.

KingGondo

Banned
Damn dawg, you an old ass man.
I know! I turn 30 in a few months!

I occasionally visit gaming-side, usually when Im ultra bored, and when I do I can't believe I used to post over there.
Same here. I bookmark the pick-up thread, the buy-sell thread, and the PSN/ PS+ threads and that's about it.

What did Smokey get banned for anyways? I tried wading through that thread but my head started to hurt.

Cornbread78

Huh?

maybe I misread, but you need cable to get the league pass?

Omega

Banned
Console wars are stupid. Irrational attachments to companies that just wanna pull your pants down and fuck you over simply for the sake of them being familiar, or because of childhood nostalgia. It's like being a knicks fan.

yeah, because Knicks fans have something to be nostalgic about

this is the worst case of lolknicks ever. it makes Forever look good

Top Bottom