• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Poor Boobie Gibson. You know you're irrelevant in the league when you break some guy's jaw for talking to your wife and no national news even notices.

thekad

Banned
Bill Hader on having court side seats for the 2012 Finals:

"I just like you can hear everything so well. Hearing Harden yelling at Mario Chalmers so much to the point that Lebron started agreeing with him. It was hilarious. I forgot what he was saying, something, and then Lebron goes "HE'S RIGHT MARIO, HE'S RIGHT!' Like started agreeing with him. He never stops talking. Harden never stops talking."

Everyone shitting on Mario :lol

Bill Hader on having court side seats for the 2012 Finals:

Everyone shitting on Mario :lol
7188513145_99db66e3ab_o.gif

miami-heat-lebron-james-yells-at-mario-chalmers.gif

erik-spolestra-yelling-at-mario-chalmers.jpg

tumblr_mmjmd7oSQi1r70xplo1_250.gif

noahtroll.gif
tumblr_mhca2dtd7S1rydmjno1_1280.jpg

yea

Rio is one of the few guys on that team who actually has a sac. Wade used to have it before Bron came around, that's probably why he likes Rio actually.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Doesn't mean that much to a guy who hasn't seen an NBA contract in years and has absolutely zero financial security.

It makes sense for him to sign with Miami because he'd only be 'needed' for 15 minutes a game at the most and he'll look like a contributor by simply filling where Joel Anthony could not. A year of that will pay dividends - and not to mention everything that he does will be greatly exaggerated simply by riding coattails and being completely ignored at the same time.

This is the best pitch I've heard. Go to Miami (I'm sure they'll try to sweeten the deal somehow), if he can be somewhat effective, especially in a finals run, he will get a big time fools gold contract from someone else. And he might have a ring then, so officially, no fucks to give. Dy is smart.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Speaking of Chalmers:

Heat's Chalmers: 'East is going to be a beast': http://www.nba.com/2013/news/07/29/heat-chalmers.ap/index.html

"The East is going to be a beast this year," Chalmers said. "It's going to be tough competition every night. Brooklyn's making moves, Indiana just got Luis Scola, Derrick Rose coming back to the Bulls, it's going to be a tough Eastern Conference this year. At the same time, we'll still do what we do to try to get that third championship that we want."

Love how he doesn't mention the Knicks, lol

Forever

Banned
Speaking of Chalmers:

Love how he doesn't mention the Knicks, lol
Pierce did the same thing lol

“I think we’re going to be right up there with the best of them,” the 10-time NBA All-Star said. “I mean, right now you talk about Miami, obviously, they’re the champs. You look at what Chicago is doing. Indiana. And then I think you’ve really gotta take a close look at what we’ve been able to put together.”

Roberts asked Pierce if he intentionally left out the Knicks when discussing the top teams in the East.

“Definitely,”
the 35-year-old said assertively.

LA Lakers @ LA Times ‏@latimeslakers

Mitch Kupchak says Lakers won't throw in the towel next season

More Mitch on Lakers: "We don't know when Kobe's coming back + don't know what level he's going to come back at, although we're optimistic."

Maintain the facade of
not
tanking!

Derrick Favors is getting married after turning 22 just two weeks ago, I think this is a bad idea.

Have we ever had a starting lineup consisting of even half lottery picks? Next year could be 5 and that is crazy.

We've had two a few times, but I don't think more than that ever.

This year, every rotation player other than Lucas III will probably be a lottery pick, lol.

pilonv1

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/07/29/barnes-bulks-up-for-small-ball/?cid=nba_12_twitter_L

HANG TIME HEADQUARTERS – Harrison Barnes wore his layer of new muscle in Las Vegas last week like a superhero wears his costume. He tried to act natural, like nothing had changed since the last time we saw him. But it’s hard to hide the obvious, especially when it’s 10 to 15 pounds of new muscle.

Barnes has bulked up considerably since his breakout showing against the San Antonio Spurs in the Western Conference semifinals. With the addition of Andre Iguodala this summer, Barnes knows that the time he spent working at power forward in the Warriors’ small ball lineup could be a more common occurrence during the 2013-14 season.

Magic Barnes

One day Rio is going to snap and beat Lebron's ass. I just know Lebron is the type of dude that would bitch up when someone lands a two piece on him.

KingGondo

Banned
Had no idea Ryan Gomes was still in the league. Bet Durant loves the signing!

What exactly is Ryan Gomez supposed to do for the Thunder?

The same thing Kevin Martin did.

Be awful.
Haters.
I liked Gomes when he played for the Wolves. He was solid. Good dude, too.
Yeah! We have the RC seal of approval.

First we had Jeff Gomes, now we have Ryan Gomes. The circle is complete.

Top Bottom