• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Omega

Banned
Got a gaming PC

BF3 kinda sucks, the amount of vehicles is just obscene. Can't have a ground based skirmish for two seconds without a fucking tank showing up or some shit.

wtf? this is seriously the dumbest thing I've ever read on this forum

if you wanted an infantry based shooter, there's plenty of them out there. this is the equivalent of buying NBA 2K and complaining it's not a football game

KingGondo

Banned
... which is less than what Eric Gordon got...

Yeah, great job, Bennett.
Nobody's saying Gordon is better than Harden, and everybody (Presti and Bennett included) understand that Harden is a max-type player. We were still offering him an ungodly sum of money, potentially mortgaging our future, and offering him the chance to compete for championships with his friends for years to come, and the max deal was more important to him.

Good for him, and there's no reason for either side to be bitter about it. He got his money, and we're still contenders.

My point about cap room is that we still have a large amount of flexibility in the next 2-3 years to make moves and add pieces, while still contending for titles. This is something most observers of the league don't realize.

And I never said we'd sign a max player. Just that we should be able to add a nice piece or two to an already strong core with that kind of cap room.

thekad

Banned
Nobody's saying Gordon is better than Harden, and everybody (Presti and Bennett included) understand that Harden is a max-type player. We were still offering him an ungodly sum of money, potentially mortgaging our future, and offering him the chance to compete for championships with his friends for years to come, and the max deal was more important to him.

Actually they were offering him way less than market value, insuring their future, and keeping him in a more minor role than he was capable or deserved. But he still agreed to the deal if Presti threw in a trade kicker. Presti decided to trade him for a Kevin Martin rental, during negotiations, instead.

cashman

Banned
My point about cap room is that we still have a large amount of flexibility in the next 2-3 years to make moves and add pieces, while still contending for titles. This is something most observers of the league don't realize.
I feel like I've heard this before.

ph33 ph33 have you tried the popeyes chicken waffle thing yet

i had it for lunch today and it was pretty good for the most part except the honey maple sauce, that shit was sickly sweet.

KingGondo

Banned
At least the Mavs actually won a title before blowing it up.

Also, Dallas signed Dejuan Blair for the minimum.
We haven't blown up shit. We won 60 games last year and still have 2 of the best 10 players in basketball.

No, it takes true talent to take a team that actually won a title and turn it into the never-ending nightmare of the late lottery/8th seed.

We haven't blown up shit. We won 60 games last year and still have 2 of the best 10 players in basketball.

No, it takes true talent to take a team that actually won a title and turn it into the never-ending nightmare of the late lottery/8th seed.
Can you explain to me how replacing Kevin Martin with Jeff Gomes and having a hobbled Westbrook makes you a title contender for the coming season? In detail, if possible.

KingGondo

Banned
Can you explain to me how replacing Kevin Martin with Jeff Gomes and having a hobbled Westbrook makes you a title contender for the coming season? In detail, if possible.
Gomes might not even make the roster, so the very premise of that question is faulty. And there's no indication that YNB will be less than 100% when he comes back. It wasn't a major injury.

Gomes might not even make the roster, so the very premise of that question is faulty. And there's no indication that YNB will be less than 100% when he comes back. It wasn't a major injury.
Even better: explain to me how losing a top 3 candidate for sixth man of the year and replacing him with nothing makes OKC a title contender.

Forever

Banned
Brooklyn will have max cap space in 2016.

Brooklyn-Nets-Jay-Z.jpg

He got this.

thekad

Banned
I wonder what Gondo would have said if this happened:

Simmons said:
To Chris Paul, who basically told the Clippers that after they squashed the first incarnation of their Doc Rivers trade. Chris didn't like that. He let them know he was heading to Houston to team up with Dwight. And he wasn't kidding. For about 36 hours, Morey probably felt like all 11 guys in Ocean's Eleven. You know what happened next: The Clippers blinked, the Doc trade got revived and finished, and the Clippers were offering Chris 107 million reasons to play for him. Crisis averted. The lesson, as always: Chris Paul runs the Clippers.

Hey ryutaro we're in the same boat. We both almost had CP3.

ph33 ph33 have you tried the popeyes chicken waffle thing yet

i had it for lunch today and it was pretty good for the most part except the honey maple sauce, that shit was sickly sweet.

Haven't gone yet but I intend on trying it...I'm anticipating the sweetness so I think I'm going to counter that with cajun gravy dipping instead of the sweet sauce.

What would you have given up?

Favors and two firsts would have killed every other offer the Thunder got.

Thing I didn't mention re: Harden deal: Surprising # of teams just didn't think he was this good, or even nearly this good. They were wrong.

This and the DMC max speculation and Monta Ellis continuing to get paid to play basketball really shows how obsessed front offices still are with raw PPG numbers.

linsivvi

Eh, the Thunder is not going to have much cap room 2 years from now. You can't just look at the guaranteed total at this moment and say hey cap room. There are players that you have to either extend between then or let go, and if you don't get more pieces on board, Durant is not going to sign that extension either.

Oh and you will also be competing against big market teams like Nets, Knicks, Clippers, Rockets. So good luck.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
Detroit and Milwaukee are nearing a sign-and-trade agreement to send Brandon Jennings to the Pistons, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Top Bottom