• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Tyrus Thomas :(

Although that's even worse because we gave up a first round pick for the right to pay him $40 MILLION USD

Okay... that hurt more than it should've

But at least he isn't fucking us from beyond like Andray Blatche

Branduil

Rashard Lewis doesn't belong on that list. He's not even in the top 10 of worst max deals. Hell they traded him for a guy who had a worse contract.

Nah, he's definitely up there. Dude was a $10-million-a-year player who inexplicably got a max deal despite no one in history ever thinking he was a franchise player.

Talon

Nah, he's definitely up there. Dude was a $10-million-a-year player who inexplicably got a max deal despite no one in history ever thinking he was a franchise player.
Seriously. That was one of the most "WTF" deals ever. Nobody expected him to get a max.

DY_nasty

dY begged me to bet against the Bobcats making the playoffs so I did lul

If there is a nude picture of Charles Oakley out there, I will find it.

Also, Adam's avatar is up for discussion. I had an idea, but a mod who shall remain nameless shot it down.

DY_nasty

We're the 10 seed at absolute best, 12 is more likely.

The Bucks, Wizards, Pistons, and Cavs are all better than us.

Cavs ain't shit. Pistons are fundamentally broken. Bucks are Kings-East. We got this.

993654_10200541844417602_1150077156_n.jpg

We got this.

Biyombo, lol...the bench is where he's heading. We will be BAD defensively without him, but he's too terrible on offense to start over Zeller and Jefferson. We are going to get styled on in the post again this year. The net +/- will be a LOT better though, just not playoff good.

DY_nasty

Biyombo, lol...the bench is where he's heading. We will be BAD defensively without him, but he's too terrible on offense to start over Zeller and Jefferson. We are going to get styled on in the post again this year. The net +/- will be a LOT better though, just not playoff good.

This is the east. We could get in winning 32 games.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Uncle Drew already stole Brandon Knight's soul. Gotta deal him for something, I guess.

Seriously though, will this work out better than Ben Gordon and Charlie Alexander Villanueva?

How could anything be worse than those deals?

The Drew Gooden stands out to me because there were no redeeming factors for the signing and then he was terrible for the team. At least Tyrus Thomas had potential and Ben Gordon had had some good years, Gooden had gotten traded like five or six times in the three years before his signing, posted horrific plus-minus numbers for each, and then got $35 million.

DY_nasty

It COULD happen, sure. If we do it damn well better be because MKG and/or Zeller are beasting on the rest of the league.

MKG without his 20 minutes per game power level limiter is gonna scare people. Dude could've had 30/15 twice last year as the youngest player in the league if Dunlap wasn't trying to protect him.

Dramos

As a Pistons fan, is it me or ever since Billups got traded for A.I., Dumars just loves to take risks on signing recognized players instead of working on the young fellas? (Tracy McGrady, Ben Gordon, Charlie Villanueva... now Kravtosv and Brandon Knight? BK7 sure was the victim of a lot highlights lately but he's not bad.

Obviously, Brandon Jennings knew he was in weeks before the trade:

MKG without his 20 minutes per game power level limiter is gonna scare people. Dude could've had 30/15 twice last year as the youngest player in the league if Dunlap wasn't trying to protect him.

I'm pumped to see what he can do with the training wheels off. He, Kemba, and Zeller are the future of our team unless we can pull of a Harden-esque trade with our extra picks and expiring contracts, so I'll be rooting for them hard.

DY_nasty

Brandon Jennings is good enough that the Knicks feel bad about missing out on him - but bad enough that other fans would never want their team to spend US dollars on him.

I feel like our front office has to have a lot of confidence in our young guys to go out and hire the staff we brought in. Hell, they hired Mark Price specifically because MKG asked for a shooting coach. I just hope they aren't blowing smoke up our asses because MJ got tired of waiting for the rebuild to finish.

i was guessing that mitch would settle for brandon jennings after neither lebron or melo go to the lakers in 2014

i guess 50 year old dirk will have to suffice

As a long time Bucks fan, I'm very happy to see Jennings go. I wish they would have received Knight and a 1st (maybe deal those 2 second round junk picks we got for Reddick), but this is addition by subtraction. I feel sorry for the Pistons but thankful someone took him.

Jennings just isn't a winner. He's a cancer. He's a ballhog and a low percentage shooter. Talks a lot but doesn't back up anything. Granted, don't know what we have in Knight but the guy's only been in the league 2 years. Jennings is a proven turd who wants to be in a big market. If he didn't like Milwaukee, he sure as hell won't like Detroit...Smith chucking shots, Jennings chucking shots...Detroit will be a me-first team, but will improve.

The Bucks, I see a .500 season ahead which is a slight improvement..I'm more excited to see a real coach in place along with Henson, Ilyasova, and Sanders getting time to develop.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
As a long time Bucks fan, I'm very happy to see Jennings go. I wish they would have received Knight and a 1st (maybe deal those 2 second round junk picks we got for Reddick), but this is addition by subtraction. I feel sorry for the Pistons but thankful someone took him.

Jennings just isn't a winner. He's a cancer. He's a ballhog and a low percentage shooter. Talks a lot but doesn't back up anything. Granted, don't know what we have in Knight but the guy's only been in the league 2 years. Jennings is a proven turd who wants to be in a big market. If he didn't like Milwaukee, he sure as hell won't like Detroit...Smith chucking shots, Jennings chucking shots...Detroit will be a me-first team, but will improve.

The Bucks, I see a .500 season ahead which is a slight improvement..I'm more excited to see a real coach in place along with Henson, Ilyasova, and Sanders getting time to develop.

Knights numbers are ridiculously similar to Jennings anyways, without the headache that is Brandon Jennings.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Brandon Jennings is good enough that the Knicks feel bad about missing out on him - but bad enough that other fans would never want their team to spend US dollars on him.
Perfect!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I reeeeaaaaaallly don't want Delonte on the team. He is a backend cancer. His locker room fiascos are constant and the Knicks already have a number of big egos to deal with.

Imagine RonRon and Delonte getting into it? Ugh

Emwitus

I reeeeaaaaaallly don't want Delonte on the team. He is a backend cancer. His locker room fiascos are constant and the Knicks already have a number of big egos to deal with.

Imagine RonRon and Delonte getting into it? Ugh
Ron Ron rarely has issues with his own team mates buddy. Every one who's played with him likes him

Al Jeff can get a team in the East to 30 wins pretty easy.
Lol not the bobcats. Heat are defending champs, Pacers have improved their bench and get Granger back, Bulls get rose back, Cavs made valuable additions and will be tough when healthy, Pistons will be decent with their young core, Knicks still have Melo, Nets are old but solid (on paper but would never tank to a bobcats level), Bucks will languish in mediocrity, Wizards are on the rise with Wall/Beal, Raptors are alright...Bobcats are just as bad as Boston and Orlando, slightly better than the sixers. 25 wins max.

giri

Would you prefer Jennings for $25mil or Wall for $80m+?

Gilbert for $118M

Lol not the bobcats. Heat are defending champs, Pacers have improved their bench and get Granger back, Bulls get rose back, Cavs made valuable additions and will be tough when healthy, Pistons will be decent with their young core, Knicks still have Melo, Nets are old but solid (on paper but would never tank to a bobcats level), Bucks will languish in mediocrity, Wizards are on the rise with Wall/Beal, Raptors are alright...Bobcats are just as bad as Boston and Orlando, slightly better than the sixers. 25 wins max.

Uhh, there are going to be so many teams tanking next year that any team with a young core that decides to "try" to develop those players could easily get 30 wins.

Hell, if they ask nice the suns might just forfeit a few to them and save the airfare.

DY_nasty

Between the East having only 5 teams that will certainly be over .500, the fact that we aren't clearly doing everything in our power to actively lose games, and no longer having the most pathetic frontcourt the NBA had seen in the past 12 years - I think its safe bet. I don't think people realize how impossible it is for a team to win when they're playing 3 on 5 the entire game. It doesn't matter how good or bad those 3 are. You cannot sustain anything on either side of the court.

Boston doesn't even have players, Orlando is incredibly thin around the board, the Cavs are one of the most injury prone teams in the league, the Pistons are fundamentally broken AND bad, the Sixers are tanking, Atlanta is falling off, Bucks are turrible, Nets will be giving away freebies since they'll be saving their old guys for the Playoffs, Wiz are Wiz....

But like giri said above, it isn't about the top heavy teams being better or changing, its the fact that their are more free wins to go around too. You can make the playoffs in the East with just 32 wins. Its not something I want necessarily, but its a moderately safe bet.

Top Bottom