• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Next year is going to be one of the best years in the NBA in regards to parity since the Heat are tired and there are only a few teams in the tank.

Teams in the East that are done with tanking:

Miami
New York
Brooklyn
Atlanta
Indiana
Chicago
Toronto
Detroit
Washington
Cleveland

Then you have two bad teams that are getting better

Charlotte
Orlando

And two teams actively nosediving

Philadelphia
Boston

So there are at least 10 teams in the East that can beat any team in the NBA on any given night east or west right there, and Charlotte is an unknown.

And in the West Phoenix is the only team actively nosediving for the #1.

It's going to be amazing season parity wise.

thekad

Banned
Christmas Day games look like they might be:

Chicago @ Brooklyn
OKC @ New York
Miami @ LAL
Houston @ Indiana
LAC @ Golden State

jjasper

Should have been:
LAL@ Brooklyn
OKC @ Houston
Miami @ Chicago
New York @ Indiana
LAC @ Golden State

Or something like that to have Houston play OKC or LAL and have Miami play Brooklyn, Indiana, or Chicago.

It's highly possible we could see the Nets/Knicks, Heat/Cavs, and Pistons/Pacers all face off in the first round next year. TNT would be loving it, because you know...drama...

BQgRlgaCMAAHnxT.jpg:large

Guess whose autograph?

Next year is going to be one of the best years in the NBA in regards to parity since the Heat are tired and there are only a few teams in the tank.

Teams in the East that are done with tanking:

Miami
New York
Brooklyn
Atlanta
Indiana
Chicago
Toronto
Detroit
Washington
Cleveland

Then you have two bad teams that are getting better

Charlotte
Orlando

And two teams actively nosediving

Philadelphia
Boston

So there are at least 10 teams in the East that can beat any team in the NBA on any given night east or west right there, and Charlotte is an unknown.

And in the West Phoenix is the only team actively nosediving for the #1.

It's going to be amazing season parity wise.

orlando's gotten better in that they've got talented young guys with upside but horrid, league-worst pg play and lack of any rim protection (unless oladipo is a secret point guard and vucevic got a lot tougher in the summer)) will probably result in them losing a shit ton of games by 5 points or less

orlando's gotten better in that they've got talented young guys with upside but horrid, league-worst pg play and lack of any rim protection (unless oladipo is a secret point guard and vucevic got a lot tougher in the summer)) will probably result in them losing a shit ton of games by 5 points or less

You'll get Smart at worst and then end the tank. You guys are in a good position.

Knicks won't win 55 games.

There were a lot of injuries last year in combination with a lot of teams just tanking and the Knicks cleaned up as a result. The East is much improved this year.

The Knicks were injured heavily too and managed to win 54 games.

That said, I'm expecting 47 wins this year...and for them to be a much healthier, infinitely tougher team in the regular season/playoffs.

The magic need a pg that can score and create for others. I'm not sure Smart is that guy when you already have a guy on the roster who brings a lot of the same things he does. Andrew Harrison or even Kasey Hill might be better guys for them to target. I don't like Randle's fit on that team, so if they pick with him still on the board I'd bypass him and go after whoever they think is the best out of Harrison or Smart.

Haha. Are we forgetting his GS days?

Yes, I do, and he was great. He's always been a shitty three point shooter but Monta Ellis averaged 20+ points a game on 45% shooting when the Warriors were playing Nellie ball. One year he averaged almost 26 points a game.

The fact of the matter is that he's never had a great coach and he's never played with a number one option. Dirk will free him up because of the attention he gets.

A lot of people are sleeping on Dallas. I don't expect them to win a title, but they improved in almost every facet and they had the top bench in the league last year and even their bench got better. This was a team that was starting Mike James at PG last year. Blair, Dalembert, Ellis, Calderon, Ellington, and Mekel are solid additions. They're going to have a deep team.

The magic need a pg that can score and create for others. I'm not sure Smart is that guy when you already have a guy on the roster who brings a lot of the same things he does. Andrew Harrison or even Kasey Hill might be better guys for them to target. I don't like Randle's fit on that team, so if they pick with him still on the board I'd bypass him and go after whoever they think is the best out of Harrison or Smart.

Sometimes you gotta just go with what you got though.

A Smart/Oladipo front court would be strong defensively. Harris for Scoring. Focus on front court defense with their deep pockets in free agency.

Cornbread78

Should have been:
LAL@ Brooklyn
OKC @ Houston
Miami @ Chicago
New York @ Indiana
LAC @ Golden State

Or something like that to have Houston play OKC or LAL and have Miami play Brooklyn, Indiana, or Chicago.

screw that, I want Bos vs. Philly for a classic battle of the tanks...

Sometimes you gotta just go with what you got though.

A Smart/Oladipo front court would be strong defensively. Harris for Scoring. Focus on front court defense with their deep pockets in free agency.

i still like smart even if he was blew it against oregon. i'm hoping he slips to like 10th since ok state will be pretty bad even if he improves a lot himself. think parker would work well since he can go between the 3 and the 4 and would fit nicely next to harris, provided parker is athletic enough to be a star in the nba.

Nori Chan

Should have been:
LAL@ Brooklyn
OKC @ Houston
Miami @ Chicago
New York @ Indiana
LAC @ Golden State

Why would we play Brooklyn?

WHERE ARE THE STORYLINES

i still like smart even if he was blew it against oregon. i'm hoping he slips to like 10th since ok state will be pretty bad even if he improves a lot himself. think parker would work well since he can go between the 3 and the 4 and would fit nicely next to harris, provided parker is athletic enough to be a star in the nba.

Parker's lack of athleticism is overblown because he's getting outshined by Randle, Wiggins, and Gordon. Three once in a generation type athletic freaks.

He's the most polished offensive player coming out of high school since Kevin Durant. He'll be fine in the NBA. Even if he's not a great athlete, his ceiling would be Paul Pierce. That's pretty damn good.

diehard

Fleer
Ph33 Ph33 was out here grindin when the Heat were winning 15 games. He put in dat work

ThisWreckage (ahem) , People tend to sleep on teams that had to fall back to plan Omicron Persei 8.

Wait hold on. I know Knicks ain't winning 55, but somehow Brooklyn will? And Indy also?

Not sure about Brooklyn but Indiana should.

Their starting 5 was the either the best or second best starting 5 in the league last year, and they dumped Psycho T and DJ Augustin.

Barring any injuries they should win 55 games.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1h
Hearing: Knicks can only offer minimum, but I'm told they're trying hard to convince free-agent PG Beno Udrih to take it and come to NYC

Speaking of Lebron, SAS is back on the LBJ to NY train.

Tommy Beer ✔ @TommyBeer

Stephen A Smith, on ESPN radio, says Lebron has "let work seep out" that he will "strongly consider" signing w/ #Knicks as a FA in 2 years
12:00 AM - 31 Jul 2013
127 RETWEETS 20 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

Tommy Beer ✔ @TommyBeer

"LeBron has let a couple of people know… he may consider the NY Knicks a stronger possibility than any of us have ever imagined" - Stephen A
12:31 AM - 31 Jul 2013
196 RETWEETS 29 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite
I hope Knick fans don't put themselves through 2010 again.

Emwitus

My body is ready for the new season. We got rumbis. It aint over. lakers will play spoilers and eliminate okc in the playoffs only to lose to the spurs.

In the east, knicks will make the playoffs and get eliminated by the cavs. No greater justice than have knicks usher in the bynum era. Heat will lose to chicago and noah will walk lebron out that door. Boston will get wiggins.

"this is what could happen to brooklyn if everything goes wrong"

Oh shiiii

Top Bottom