• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

The Wizards can do all sorts of things to move up higher on that totem pole. Fix that dirty ass stadium, go a full season without their players actively disrespecting their fans, continue to avoid guys that could be in the news for the wrong reasons, make the playoffs, have stars that are actually on the floor. I could go on.

None of those things have anything to do with giving a guy who's never been an all-star a max contract a year early because it feels good to give people money.

None of that stuff is gonna sound good when you're sitting down with Dirk to pitch him to come to DC.

John Wall's not gonna be in that meeting if the Wiz stiffs him on the extension.

CP3 (supermax)
Rose (max)
Westbrook (max)
Parker (Spurs discount/old)
Deron (supermax)
Curry (glass ankles)
Irving (rookie contract)

There's no other point guard better than Wall, so he's obviously being paid market value.

does rose not have the supermax? i thought it was named after him since he was the first one to qualify for that or something.

Or Wall takes the qualifying offer for one year and bolts from the front office that surrounded him with Blatche, Javale, Jordan Crawford and Swaggy

People don't realize that agents are smarter than they used to be. Negotiating a player option max is only a step below the real thing because you can guarantee more long term security sooner and leave a bad situation if need be.

Look at Love and the Wolves.

Love is almost guaranteed to be gone if they don't make serious progress in shorter time because the FO got cute.

thekad

Banned
Part 1 was very poorly paced and mostly forgettable. I blame AMC mostly since they're the ones that forced the split season.

does rose not have the supermax? i thought it was named after him since he was the first one to qualify for that or something.

Yeah, that's right. There's a guy with serious injury issues.

When has this ever happened ever?

This has a better chance of happening again.

Ben Gordon and David Lee. Brandon Jennings was also pretty close to doing the same.

Are you trying to tell me that no one passes on guaranteed money to leave a team they don't want to play for?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Or Wall takes the qualifying offer for one year and bolts from the front office that surrounded him with Blatche, Javale, Jordan Crawford and Swaggy

If he planned on doing that then he wouldn't have taken this offer in the first place.

And nobody in basketball has ever done this. Because its insane.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah, that's right. There's a guy with serious injury issues.
you can't troll 100% of the time

you have to lure ppl into a sense of security first
Ben Gordon and David Lee. Brandon Jennings was also pretty close to doing the same.
Neither of those guys had a potential max waiting for them. That's entirely different.

Do you read more into the Rambis hire? Or it is exactly what it is.
phil-jackson-o.gif

as in him eventually being promoted to coach? probably not given how bad he was in minnesota.

Doesn't he have terrible coaching record? EDIT: Check 56-145. From Mike Brown to Mike D'Antoni to Kurt Rambis. Laker fans need to stop whining about their coach, unless Phil changes his stance.

giri

I just don't see how it's a good thing for the Wiz to go into the final year of Wall's rookie deal with the media narrative of, "Why haven't they locked up John Wall?"

How dumb would it be if their spin is "We're gonna make the playoffs with John Wall playing for a contract!" He's not Joe Johnson. They picked the guy number 1 over all.

It's pretty tough to sell those expensive suites without a "We got a 5 year plan!" pitch.

Then john wall tears his ACL this season, and you've already locked him up. Gilbert 2.0

It's a really dumb move to sign him now based on an andrea bargnani based preferential stats period.

Really dumb.

And he's a RFA. All the wiz have to do is match. He's not going anywhere whether he likes it or not if he wants dat money.

Vire

Just want to apologize to Knux if you are reading for dragging you into that Dragon Crown conversation. Didn't mean for you to get banned.

Article says Seth Curry also has training camp invitations from the Spurs and Warriors (Wolves, too). Home cooking is what it is, but he can play with winners in San Antonio and his brother in Golden State. But if he becomes a Bobcat, that's cool, too. After a run on Tar Heels early in franchise history, Jeffrey now can't seem to have enough Blue Devils.

Trade for Boozer

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I honestly think Seth would be better off with the Spurs. Jeff Taylor, Henderson, and Ben Gordon is a bit much

Unless he suddenly learned how to play point or something
Just want to apologize to Knux if you are reading for dragging you into that Dragon Crown conversation. Didn't mean for you to get banned.

My loserbro is banned because of you?

Vire

lol what happened

No idea how long the banns are for since there was kinda a mass exodus, but it was basically me vs Dragon Crown fans in the review thread regarding female objectification.

Let's just say it got crazy and somehow ended up people talking about rape and murder, I left by that point.

No idea how long the banns are for since there was kinda a mass exodus, but it was basically me vs Dragon Crown fans in the review thread regarding female objectification.

Let's just say it got crazy and somehow ended up people talking about rape and murder, I left by that point.

wtf

rando14

first rule of neogaf

never post an opinion on the gaming side :p

linsivvi

WTF so many greyed names in that thread. I agree with what you said, though I wouldn't be bothered to mount a passionate defense on such an issue on the gaming side.

That game and a couple of others kind of make me want to get a Vita. Even though I know there will be like, 5 domestic games max that I'll ever really want to play on it.

And I don't even know why he was banned. He was ranting, but not making it really personal or anything.

RedAssedApe

Banned
you should immediately bail out of any thread where people start talking about rape...those threads quickly become graveyards lol

Curry actually mentioned in that article that he can play point and that he wants an opportunity to prove it. He mentioned our lack of shooters too, so he's done his homework. Sessions is only on the books for one more season, so we're going to need to find a backup fairly soon. If he can play point we'd be stupid to not try him out.

Curry actually mentioned in that article that he can play point and that he wants an opportunity to prove it. He mentioned our lack of shooters too, so he's done his homework. Sessions is only on the books for one more season, so we're going to need to find a backup fairly soon. If he can play point we'd be stupid to not try him out.

We watched him play for 3 years. He can't play the point.

Top Bottom