• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Curry could be a poor man's Jason Terry in the right situation.

Offenses that run a lot of motion sets and screens coming off of weird angles can take advantage of the fact that he's decent at dribble drives but can't actually get to the rim.

Basically do everything that the Clippers don't do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V6_4GxKZXg#at=183

Ves Pls

;_;

More analysis on the Wall Contract:

One's answer to this question probably determines how you feel about maxing Wall out now. On the one hand, the cold, hard evidence presented in the previous question is compelling. No player has been so thoroughly pissed off with his organization that he's rejected an early extension, failed to sign an offer sheet and prefers to take the one-year qualifying offer to become an unrestricted free agent the next year just so he can escape a less-than-ideal situation. (Brandon Jennings could become the first this year, for what it's worth). If Wall is sad, the Wizards could have take the adversarial view and told him to put his money where his mouth is.

On the other hand, one could argue there's value in having a happy Wall instead of a somewhat peeved Wall. There have been many studies that suggest that collaborative negotiations tend to yield happier employees and better performance than adversarial ones. (I'd link to one, but they're all in print or scholarly journals that aren't available for public use.) The worry here is that this devolves into the Kevin Love situation if the Wizards act too adversarial in negotiations, whereby Wall signs a new deal eventually, but insists on a third-year opt out so he could flee the premises sooner. In the meantime, he'd publicly criticize the team, as Love has, and his morale would not be at an ideal level, which would affect his performance. All this so the Wizards ... could have avoided paying a $12-13-million player $16 million. Is that worth it?

It is what it is. Wall is our guy and he's improved every year.

Tom Penny

Funniest thing I've read in while...

You might hate the contract but I'd rather have John Wall at a max contract than Lebron to be honest. At least this guy actually has potential to be a great star whereas Lebron is on the decline but making max dollars and forcing the Heat to make moves to save $ like amnestying Miller. Plus, Lebron only won because he had Wade and Bosh.

I think Wall has a chance to lead this young Wizards team to a championship in 3-5 years.

thekad

Banned
paveikslelis-70304-bg2.jpg

Those Lithuanians know how to bulk. they all gonna make it

Bread

Banned
now new orleans and brooklyn are tied for worst jerseys in the league

are they trying to go old school and match the celtics or something?

now new orleans and brooklyn are tied for worst jerseys in the league

are they trying to go old school and match the celtics or something?

I was going to say...the fuck is that, looks like the '60s Celtics jersey

I actually like Brooklyn's jerseys but that's just cause I'm a plain ol' white and black dude

Do you want em PI? My mind has changed like 3 times this week.
I mean, there's no real downside to paying him, he won't be getting paid a lot, him not playing won't really hurt us, at worst he'll be Eddy Curry. The upside though, a bigger front court and I'm secretly hoping that with a competent 7 footer Roy Shaqkeem Hibbert won't shit on us in the playoffs like he did this year. When Joel was on the floor he did a decent job defensively but he was too huge of an offensive liability to keep him on the floor more than 5 minutes.

Where are your sources

Cause I'm feel like he's "going to decide in the next 48 hours" for the last 2 weeks
Spears.
yOYSDb3.png

Vire

I mean, there's no real downside to paying him, he won't be getting paid a lot, him not playing won't really hurt us, at worst he'll be Eddy Curry. The upside though, a bigger front court and I'm secretly hoping that with a competent 7 footer Roy Shaqkeem Hibbert won't shit on us in the playoffs like he did this year. When Joel was on the floor he did a decent job defensively but he was too huge of an offensive liability to keep him on the floor more than 5 minutes.

Spears.
yOYSDb3.png

I agree with pretty much everything said here.

There's really no downside, unless the Heat go crazy and give him a midlevel.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm still not sure why anyone cares. Dude's NBA career was finished before it even began. Even paying him minimum is a waste of cash, unless the Heat are hiring him to fill Juwan's "vital" role from the past two seasons.

Can't teach size. Wait. What?

Can we talk about contracts and the 2010 class? What are we predicting?

Wall - Max

Turner - Becomes restricted, take 3 years 7.5 mil
Favors - 4 years, 50 mil
Wes Johnson - restricted, 3 years 9 mil
DMC - Max
Monroe - Traded and maxed
Hayward - 3 years 21 mil
George - Max
Sanders - 3 years 27
Bledsoe - 3 years 24 mil

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I could never see anyone other than Wall getting the max

I do however see Evan Turner playing so well this year that he drags Philly out of bottom 3 and convinces the ownership to give him 20 million more than he deserves before cutting himself again

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Old man Wes was already allowed to go to UFA and got a one year minimum deal from the Lakers. Because he's the worst player I've ever seen.

^^^omg that jersey looks so ugly and plain

lets bring back familiar names so that most of our fans don't think we are tanking!

I was thinking more along the lines of ok lets get the structure for Phil back, so when this disaster of a season is over we fire Mike D, and Phil's staff is already in place. Rambis's hire is the strangest thing yet to me.

Its like you hiring your executioner to work for you.

If Sanders repeats last year he and his agent would be damn fools to accept an offer of 3/27. He'll get a lot more than that on the open market.

Edit: if that's all they'd be willing to offer I'd do a repeat of the Jennings trade and send them Biyombo/Taylor for Sanders.

Old man Wes was already allowed to go to UFA and got a one year minimum deal from the Lakers. Because he's the worst player I've ever seen.

how is this even possible lulz

how do you become unrestricted so soon..

If Sanders repeats last year he and his agent would be damn fools to accept an offer of 3/27. He'll get a lot more than that on the open market.

Edit: if that's all they'd be willing to offer I'd do a repeat of the Jennings trade and send them Biyombo/Taylor for Sanders.

I think they try to extend early

Sanders and Favors will get between 4/52 and the max. McGee and Jordan were paid 4/40 based on the small odds that they would become what Sanders and Favors are now. Hayward will get 4/44. Wes had his option declined and signed for the minimum and is probably out of the league next year if he doesn't learn how to shoot.

All of Sanders' defensive metrics (plus or minus, opponent field goal percentage in his area, iso PPP, block rate) are off the charts as is his athleticism.

I'm glad they didn't go overboard with the tired ass Mardi Gras shit like every other NOLA related thing, but those uniforms are boring as fuck. Look like a more plain version of the Lebron Cavs uniforms. How do you change your name to the Pelicans and then completely shy away from the name?

Still not as bad as OKC though.

Top Bottom