• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

I don't know what to expect with Oden. He's just a player that I haven't followed past his rookie season. Was he legit or something when he was "healthy" or what? It seems like teams have been connected to him all month.

I don't know what to expect with Oden. He's just a player that I haven't followed past his rookie season. Was he legit or something when he was "healthy" or what? It seems like teams have been connected to him all month.

At this point it's a total crap shoot but I want a new 15th man to root for to get on the floor

Vire

7 FT is 7 FT.

Simple as that.

giri

When he could stay on the floor, he had the potential to be a real defensive force and was developing an offensive game. But he was foul prone, as are all young 7' ers though.

The real question is how much he has to give after all those surgeries.

Vire

Chris Tomasson ‏@christomasson
Update (or lack of one): Greg Oden's agent, Mike Conley Sr., tells me at 8:20 p.m. EDT Oden still hasn't decided on a team.

wtf

I give up, I'm going out. This joker better pick a team by the time I get back.

@ESPNSteinLine said:
Three Western Conference finalists in Greg Oden sweepstakes tell ESPN they've been notified they WON'T get Oden and believe he's Miami-bound

Edit:

He's going to the heat.

@GoodmanESPN said:
Greg Oden will sign with Miami Heat, source told ESPN. Two-year with player option for second year.

jbug617

Banned
Speculation from Stein saying he is going to Miami.

@ESPNSteinLine: Three Western Conference finalists in Greg Oden sweepstakes tell ESPN they've been notified they WON'T get Oden and believe he's Miami-bound

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...and-exclusive-greg-oden-on-why-he-chose-miami

"Obviously the chance to play with the best player in the world and compete for a championship was a big selling point," Oden told me. "But more than that, what I really liked was how they thought I could really add something to their team. They’ve won back-to-back championships without me, so for them to pursue me as hard as they did meant a lot, especially given all that I’ve gone through."

“The cool thing about playing for the Heat is when you’re LeBron’s teammate and you screw up, nobody gets mad at you for missing a shot or turning the ball over — they get mad at LeBron for passing to you in the first place,” Oden joked.

"There’s a lot to be excited about in joining the NBA champions, getting to play with some great players, and living in Miami. But honestly, the thing I’m most excited about is just being able to play basketball again. It’s been a long and challenging road back, so just having the chance to play the game I love again has me more excited than anything else.”

patriley_original.gif

pat-riley-dancing-o.gif

patriley_original.gif
WE
ALREADY
WON

Vire

Miami Heat Roster by Drafting order:

Lebron James - #1 Pick - First Round
Greg Oden - #1 Pick - First Round
Chris Bosh - #4 Pick - First Round
Dwyane Wade - #5 Pick - First Round
Ray Allen - #5 Pick - First Round
Juwan Howard (lol) - #5 Pick - First Round

gfg Pat Riley gfg

6 top five picks. lolololol

Pimpwerx

Miami still has their taxpayer's midlevel, but that'll probably be used on some buyout guy if that becomes available mid-season

HONK ONCE

Riley doin work. I can't believe we still have the mmle left over after that. You're right, that's probably getting saved for a buyout. I'm wondering if we keep Oden and Varnado on the roster. PEACE.

Guess we'll get to see what the hype is about? Im happy that the guy gets a shot atleast. regardless of how he turns out.
I wonder when he will get playing time...cause that means he will be taking away andersen's minutes

at the very least though, an extra body. hopefully he remembers how to catch the ball

Vire

I wonder when he will get playing time...cause that means he will be taking away andersen's minutes

at the very least though, an extra body. hopefully he remembers how to catch the ball

You think Pat is trying to dump Joel on anyone now?

Warden, you served us admirably but your time is up bro.

It seems to me by the comments that he isnt looking to hop quite in from the start, saying he might not make opening night. Single digits for sure.

You're really happy over getting Greg?

If it means the spurs can't have him? Sure. A minimum is nothing.

Dartastic

Thanks Oden, for taking up a shit ton of our money for five years, doing fuck all, and now getting signed to a team that you could potentially get a ring with. Ugh. Fuck you.

Also I wonder if Caron Butler will get a buyout from Phoenix. I probably sound irritating thinking we will get every name but I do think he is a possibility down the line especially if they tank

Plus, Ira thinks so too. He answered my question in his mailbag today!

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 21m
Oden tells ESPN by phone that it was “big deciding factor” that Heat officials made it clear he “wouldn’t be needed as much” early in season

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 18m
Oden adds in ESPN phone interview it's not yet clear if he'll be ready for Opening Night. Says '13-14 goal is “to finish the season healthy"

Oden will never play.

I still hope he does, and plays well. But I've got a bad feeling about this.

Top Bottom