• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Vire

Did you just unironically link to summer league highlights?

It shows his athleticism and footwork as a 7 footer.

But as I said, I doubt he's even half that player anymore after all the surgeries. Hard to say since no one has seen him play in three years.

“The cool thing about playing for the Heat is when you’re LeBron’s teammate and you screw up, nobody gets mad at you for missing a shot or turning the ball over — they get mad at LeBron for passing to you in the first place,” Oden joked.

oh greg

they will get mad

images

Vire

So can't wait to see if this is Eddy Curry signing bad..

Eddy Curry was fat, out of shape and 30 years old.

Oden has been training this entire past season, was a number one pick in the draft, and is still only 25. He has more potential than Curry ever did.

With Curry, we knew what we were signing up for. Oden is much more of an enigma... Eitherway, we signed him for the minimum - it can only help us.

Pimpwerx

Eddy Curry was fat, out of shape and 30 years old.

Oden has been training this entire past season, was a number one pick in the draft, and is still only 25. He has more potential than Curry ever did.

With Curry, we knew what we were signing up for. Oden is much more of an enigma... Eitherway, we signed him for the minimum - it can only help us.

We essentially swapped Miller for Ennis and Juwan for Oden. I'd say it's an automatic win. PEACE.

Who cares? Oden isn't getting paid shit. Great move if he can contribute and then he'll shop around for a better contract. If he sucks? Ah well, the heat have paid more for less.

Westlo

I don't know what to expect with Oden. He's just a player that I haven't followed past his rookie season. Was he legit or something when he was "healthy" or what? It seems like teams have been connected to him all month.

Was he legit? He was a foul machine but his defensive presence was enormance, fuck we sweep pacers with healthy oden, but the chances if that happening are slim and even if he stays healthy, he's more than likely regressed.

He's eddy curry 2.0 at this stage, if we can unleash him on the pacers in the playoffs and he makes Hibbert his bitch like he was never injured...

Pat da gawd

I can't hate on Oden. Dude has had enough bad luck. I'm not going to root for him or the Heat to win the championship though. Dream scenario is that the Bulls beat a healthy Oden and Heat.

diehard

Fleer
I'm just glad we are discussing the signing of minimum contract players.

Did we talk about John Lucas III? Game Changer.

Vire

Tim Reynolds: Oden's agent Mike Conley Sr. to AP: "The fact that Coach Spoelstra said all the right things ... that impressed Greg quite a bit."

Chris Tomasson: Agent Mike Conley said deal for Heat to get Greg Oden really helped at Chili's restaurant where Oden really liked talking to Erik Spoelstra

Thanks Chili's.

Branduil

I don't know if it's their intention or not, but I've gotten the impression from all these stupid "decision" dramas that you can never do too many superficial things to impress NBA players that have nothing to do with winning basketball games. Modern-day Solomons they ain't.

Good move by the Heat. Oden seems like he cares and he's giant and that makes him a decent pickup no matter how much athleticism he's lost.

Why are the Clippers talking to Jamison? Their big men rotation this year is going to be such a joke.

Tim Reynolds: Oden's agent Mike Conley Sr. to AP: "The fact that Coach Spoelstra said all the right things ... that impressed Greg quite a bit."

Chris Tomasson: Agent Mike Conley said deal for Heat to get Greg Oden really helped at Chili's restaurant where Oden really liked talking to Erik Spoelstra

Thanks Chili's.
Must of been on Sunday. Happy all day !

Top Bottom