• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

You have to give Gasol credit. Through all the crap he has been through- dealing with Kobe's ego, Lakers fans, trade rumors, etc. He was still a class act in the end and showed up to play.
I cant stand his incessant yelling and "AAAAAAAAAAAAGH!" every time he puts up a shot or grabs a board, but at least he didnt puss out like Dwight.

Cloudy

Banned
Dantoni has to be gone, right? Especially since Brown signing with the Cavs takes some of the financial hit away. I feel like at least 3/4ths of the team has buried him publicly.

I care about him being fired more than I care about Dwight being a Laker next season.

You lose a lot of credibility as an organization firing 2 big-name coaches after only a year. Especially when the roster is so flawed. They will not fire MDA even if we suck again next year

probably late on this too, but whatever I wasn't even watching the damn game

iszjfSQDWWRd4.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You lose a lot of credibility as an organization firing 2 big-name coaches after only a year. Especially when the roster is so flawed. They will not fire MDA even if we suck again next year

A decent amount of the players that will be here next season are clearly not on board. Its better to rip the band aid off now then deal with the firing rumors during the next season whenever we hit a rough patch. Which could be really fucking early.

Brown got canned for less.

Smokey

A decent amount of the players that will be here next season are clearly not on board. Its better to rip the band aid off now then deal with the firing rumors during the next season whenever we hit a rough patch. Which could be really fucking early.

Brown got canned for less.

Rest easy young one

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I hate when people try to improv the fucking national anthem at the end. Especially when you suck to begin with.

Branduil

I think the Lakers can win the series IF:

A. nash is healthy
B. Parker and Ginobili aren't

Which are two things that are possible at this point given B is happening.

TBH, If Kobe was there, I think they'd win for sure, regardless. I always thought Lakers matched up great.

But nash-Pau-Dwight Lakers should beat a Spurs team with a hobbled parker and manu with or without Kobe, so it shouldn't say much to Kobe-stans.

If it was OKC or something, then sure

TBH, If Kobe was there, I think they'd win for sure, regardless. I always thought Lakers matched up great.

But nash-Pau-Dwight Lakers should beat a Spurs team with a hobbled parker and manu with or without Kobe, so it shouldn't say much to Kobe-stans.

But nash-Pau-Dwight Lakers should beat a Spurs team with a hobbled parker and manu with or without Kobe

i3EC43ffnSOHK.gif

Cloudy

Banned
Brown got canned for less

Obviously that has proven to be mistake and I'm sure Mitch would agree if he was asked. If MDA wasn't available, Brown wouldn't have been fired.

We picked a coach based on one player. That's not too smart but it's downright dumb when that player is a washed up 38 year old.

KingJ2002

Nightmare Season

- Lost Jerry
- Didn't Hire Phil Jackson
- Hired D'Antoni
- Whole Roster Injured aside from D-League transplants
- Lost Kobe
- Scrapped for 7th Seed.
- Swept out of the first round.

and Tracy McGrady popped his cherry... with us as his first.

with all that said.

If this team gets healthy and has a great summer... they will come back to be a top 3 team in the west.

Branduil

I think the Lakers can win the series IF:

A. nash is healthy
B. Parker and Ginobili aren't

Which are two things that are possible at this point given B is happening.

If it was OKC or something, then sure

Nightmare Season

- Lost Jerry
- Didn't Hire Phil Jackson
- Hired D'Antoni
- Whole Roster Injured aside from D-League transplants
- Lost Kobe
- Scrapped for 7th Seed.
- Swept out of the first round.

and Tracy McGrady popped his cherry... with us as his first.

with all that said.

If this team gets healthy and has a great summer... they will come back to be a top 3 team in the west.

You know Kobe is out until like next year, right?

Top Bottom