• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

Godslay

Banned
No interior scoring and poor shooters. They do not have their usual speed advantage or PG advantage either

http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawakami/ci_22995197/warriors-preferred-first-round-opponent-would-be-denver

Gallo would have choked too, though.

The team's record is inflated because of their unique HCA which is negated in the playoffs a bit since no one plays b2b and you can be in town or a while.

They're truly more like a 50 win team instead of a 57 win team. Teams with losing road records aren't contenders.

Yeah, nobody I know said they were contenders.

Godslay

Banned
But he choked last year. Against Devin Ebanks.

Meh, who gives a shit? We all know that the Lakers were the ultimate chokers this year. You can shit on Karl and the team, but nobody expected this team to either go far into the playoffs or win a championship. They went on a good run, and had a good record, that's about it and expectations were low. Keep trying.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So now that my Bucks are gone I need to choose some teams to get behind.

In the east I think I'm just gonna cheer for good competitive series and players staying healthy. I will be fine with the Heat making it to the finals (and winning again) but if the Knicks make it outta the east that would be sweet action as well.

The west is easier cause I am a Grizzlies fan. ZoBo is my fantasy keeper guy. Have had him on my team for three years straight now and this year I had Gasol and Conley as well.
And I have always been a Warriors fan. Going back to the Run TMC days and even used them this year in NBA2k13.
So I would be fine with Memphis or Golden State for sure.

So lets go Heat, Knicks, Grizzlies , Warriors!!!
Lets go!!!

Meh, who gives a shit? We all know that the Lakers were the ultimate chokers this year. You can shit on Karl and the team, but nobody expected this team to either go far into the playoffs or win a championship. They went on a good run, and had a good record, that's about it and expectations were low. Keep trying.

there was talk of them making the WC finals

I believe you when you say that about Denver fans, I'm talking more about guys who rely too much on advanced stats. There were those out there that believed in Denver.

Godslay

Banned
I believe you when you say that about Denver fans, I'm talking more about guys who rely too much on advanced stats. There were those out there that believed in Denver.

Fair enough. Here's a little taste. Trust me, expectations were low even during the streak.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi
.@jmorton78 I'm with you. I give Karl all the credit in the world for squeezing 57 wins out of this team. Can't defend his playoff record.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1h
The Nuggets are taking a Golden shower. That's all I've got. I reached down & found nothing there. Just as it seems with the team itself.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1h
.@Lopez_Nuggets I try to be pragmatic about this stuff. Until the Nuggets prove different, G-State looks like the better team. Simple fact.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1h
G State is simply the better team. Across the board, the better team. They won 10 fewer games in the regular season, better team.

Top Bottom