• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

balddemon

Banned
Dayummmm @ that tweet by magic

Edit: "@MagicJohnson: LN: Dwight, I've been swept before but I never let my team down by getting kicked out of the game."

zychi

Banned
Dayummmm @ that tweet by magic

Edit: "@MagicJohnson: LN: Dwight, I've been swept before but I never let my team down by getting kicked out of the game."
Magic is such an attention whore now.

You dont see Bird or MJ tweeting bitch comments about younger players. Sit down Magic and stop being ESPNs bitch.

Does anyone have my reactions to the Dwight trade? I'm pretty sure I was a voice of reason as usual

I remember saying that there's no way in hell this team would mesh because Nash and Kobe would be a terrible defensive backcourt, they're old, nonathletic, and Dwight is coming off of a major surgery and everyone ganging up on me and telling me how salty I was being. The pieces didn't make sense from the start.

pilonv1

763831082.jpg

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 24s
Asked if he kicked it with his ailing left foot (ankle injury), a frustrated Faried said, "I don't know. I just kicked it."

gotten to

exarkun

If the bucks had a bona-fide star in their lineup, that series would have been alot more interesting. They played hard, and kept it close for three of the games. It always felt like they just never had "it" going into the late third quarter, early fourth.

Sanders is a beast though. I read all that Sloan defensive rating and grantland shit and thought he couldn't be that good. But man, he clogs that paint.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
A title in the top stories section @ NBA.com that caught my eyes:

Bobcats owner Michael Jordan gets married

MJ being recognized first and foremost as the owner of the Bobcats. lol

PBY

Banned
If the bucks had a bona-fide star in their lineup, that series would have been alot more interesting. They played hard, and kept it close for three of the games. It always felt like they just never had "it" going into the late third quarter, early fourth.

Sanders is a beast though. I read all that Sloan defensive rating and grantland shit and thought he couldn't be that good. But man, he clogs that paint.
I don't disagree- outside of the "it" stuff, don't believe in that- but c'mon, if you add a superstar to any playoff team, they'd become instantly a lot tougher.

Karl makes no good adjustments, though. That's the issue. He panics and throws out lineups they aren't used to playing with as well.

I go back to the previous game where he decides to put Iggy on Curry and also double him, which is stupid. Either you put Iggy on him 1 on 1 or you double with 2 other dudes so Iggy can use his athleticism to help in the passing lanes and rotations.

But this is a staple of Karl. Either doesn't react soon enough or he panics. And his team follows suit as a result.

Karl's teams routinely under perform in the playoffs. At some point fingers should be pointed his way.

So you're saying that George Karl is the Bruce Boudreau of NBA coaches?

exarkun

I don't disagree- outside of the "it" stuff, don't believe in that- but c'mon, if you add a superstar to any playoff team, they'd become instantly a lot tougher.

Yea, the "add superstar to any team" line of thinking was what I was trying to avoid. I just felt that they were a piece away from really competing. The "it" was more of a reference to a wing defender and a more consistent/non-boneheaded offensive player.

Emwitus

Meh, who gives a shit? We all know that the Lakers were the ultimate chokers this year. You can shit on Karl and the team, but nobody expected this team to either go far into the playoffs or win a championship. They went on a good run, and had a good record, that's about it and expectations were low. Keep trying.

saltiness.

Branduil

Dirk still has the best(and most justified) assault on the opposing team's property.

On the other hand, Amare still has the dumbest.

PBY

Banned
dwight is a bitch.. get him out of here

he doesnt have the makings of a varsity athlete
Im not sold on Dwight because he hasn't shown us how/if he will fully recover, and his offensive game is still limited. However- the "bitch" narrative is dumb. Even if he is childish, I'm not sure that affects his ability to play- but more likely, it's just that every little thing he does is feeding into this broad narrative that surrounds him. The same happened with Lebron in 2010- and look where we are just one year removed from LeBitch.
Yea, the "add superstar to any team" line of thinking was what I was trying to avoid. I just felt that they were a piece away from really competing. The "it" was more of a reference to a wing defender and a more consistent/non-boneheaded offensive player.
Agreed.

Top Bottom