• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

Emwitus

So lets go Heat, Knicks, Grizzlies , Warriors!!!
Lets go!!!

4i8NS.gif

Godslay

Banned
Hahaha, this shit made me laugh.

Dave Mitchell ‏@tweek_sf 8m
@VicLombardi As the lone nuggets fan at the game, I want a refund. This is terrible and I may get stabbed.

Please don't kill my Nuggets bro GS.

Fair enough. Here's a little taste. Trust me, expectations were low even during the streak.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi
.@jmorton78 I'm with you. I give Karl all the credit in the world for squeezing 57 wins out of this team. Can't defend his playoff record.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1h
The Nuggets are taking a Golden shower. That's all I've got. I reached down & found nothing there. Just as it seems with the team itself.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1h
.@Lopez_Nuggets I try to be pragmatic about this stuff. Until the Nuggets prove different, G-State looks like the better team. Simple fact.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1h
G State is simply the better team. Across the board, the better team. They won 10 fewer games in the regular season, better team.

I feel ya. I personally have nothing against the Nuggets, just never been a Karl fan. And I like guys like Lawson, Gallo, Faried.

Like I said, my statement isn't towards fans but to guys like IWMTB19 who overrated the close to their season and some analysts on the web who overrate certain things and thought Denver could come out of the West.

Going forward, Denver needs to find a star somehow. Lawson is a #2, Iggy/Gallo are #3s, and Faried is a solid effort guy. I don't know what star could possibly be available, but without one it will be difficult to win in the playoffs.

exarkun

I find it hilarious that Mamba can even talk about coaches. You've literally had an embarrassment of riches at that job. And Karl has always been on the receiving end of those coaches winning, but thats cause he's never had the talent of those lakers teams.

Gallo is hurt (who was huuuuge for them offensively and defensively), Faried rolled that ankle and didn't play the first and part of the second. And Ty had the foot injury. Let the man cook, hes done a hell of a job with this team. Its just Steph is playing at a superstar level and Jack is playing on that 6th man of the year type ish. They're catching fire at the right time, and it shouldn't be an indictment of Karl.

I overrated the Nuggets a lot, but I didn't base most my liking of them around advanced stats. The games I saw made me think that Koufos and Iguodala had shored up that defense to acceptable levels while their offense was still amazing and the numbers just seemed to support that idea. Their defense hasn't remotely translated to the playoffs and that's where all of their issues are coming from.

The fact that I loved their style of play and the players on their team (other than McGee and Magic obviously) and their dominant winning percentage down the stretch also did contribute to my opinions on them being wrong.

...However, you (Mamba) and me had the exact same playoff projection for the Nuggets (beating the Warriors in 5 before losing to the Spurs) so beating your chest about this comes off as bizarre.

Godslay

Banned
I feel ya. I personally have nothing against the Nuggets, just never been a Karl fan. And I like guys like Lawson, Gallo, Faried.

Like I said, my statement isn't towards fans but to guys like IWMTB19 who overrated the close to their season and some analysts on the web who overrate certain things and thought Denver could come out of the West.

Going forward, Denver needs to find a star somehow. Lawson is a #2, Iggy/Gallo are #3s, and Faried is a solid effort guy. I don't know what star could possibly be available, but without one it will be difficult to win in the playoffs.

I like Karl, but it's reaching a point where this is becoming a trend. He's had very talented teams, and they have always come up short. They always seem to have low IQ, and very little fight in them come playoff time. We've seen it with his Melo teams, and this is just a continuation of that. It's frustrating, and part of the reason why there isn't a lot of hype with the team.

It would be nice to have the #1 guy, but I don't think it matters if the coaching isn't there. Look at the difference between the way GS and the Nuggets are playing. GS is playing with heart and effort, where if the ball doesn't fall their way Denver gives up. That's more of a coaching problem than a player problem.

I don't think they get rid of Karl if he loses the series, but it might not be a bad idea if they can get someone in there to drive the guys harder than Karl. Maybe not? I don't really know what the answer is.

Emwitus

I overrated the Nuggets a lot, but I didn't base most my liking of them around advanced stats. The games I saw made me think that Koufos and Iguodala had shored up that defense to acceptable levels while their offense was still amazing and the numbers just seemed to support that idea. Their defense hasn't remotely translated to the playoffs and that's where all of their issues are coming from.

The fact that I loved their style of play and the players on their team (other than McGee and Magic obviously) and their dominant winning percentage down the stretch also did contribute to my opinions on them being wrong.

...However, you (Mamba) and me had the exact same playoff projection for the Nuggets (beating the Warriors in 5 before losing to the Spurs) so beating your chest about this comes off as bizarre.

They have no half court offense. No matter what advanced stats say, that don't get you anywhere in the playoffs.

I find it hilarious that Mamba can even talk about coaches. You've literally had an embarrassment of riches at that job. And Karl has always been on the receiving end of those coaches winning, but thats cause he's never had the talent of those lakers teams.

Gallo is hurt (who was huuuuge for them offensively and defensively), Faried rolled that ankle and didn't play the first and part of the second. And Ty had the foot injury. Let the man cook, hes done a hell of a job with this team. Its just Steph is playing at a superstar level and Jack is playing on that 6th man of the year type ish. They're catching fire at the right time, and it shouldn't be an indictment of Karl.

Karl makes no good adjustments, though. That's the issue. He panics and throws out lineups they aren't used to playing with as well.

I go back to the previous game where he decides to put Iggy on Curry and also double him, which is stupid. Either you put Iggy on him 1 on 1 or you double with 2 other dudes so Iggy can use his athleticism to help in the passing lanes and rotations.

But this is a staple of Karl. Either doesn't react soon enough or he panics. And his team follows suit as a result.

Karl's teams routinely under perform in the playoffs. At some point fingers should be pointed his way.

David Lee was still playing then. I've always believed Lee is a net negative. That changed things!

Bu bu bu but The Nuggets have a top 10 player at every position. They don't rely on solely one player.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
David Lee was still playing then. I've always believed Lee is a net negative. That changed things!

Warriors last three seasons w/out David Lee: 3-18. Warriors this series w/out D-Lee: 3-0

the idea that Lee is a negative is completely absurd and not grounded in reality at all. He was their 2nd best player this year.

What does the person getting pau's contract receive in return for absorbing that amount of money? I feel like they'd just be putting themselves in a shitty financial situation.

they get a C/PF who just averaged 13/12/7 in a playoff series on the final year of an expiring contract. It doesn't hur their financial situation at all

Warriors last three seasons w/out David Lee: 3-18. Warriors this series w/out D-Lee: 3-0

the idea that Lee is a negative is completely absurd and not grounded in reality at all. He was their 2nd best player this year.

Curry missed a bunch of those games too, though. And they tanked.

Lee's defense is atrocious, which is really bad for big men. He reminds me of Boozer, tbh. He gets his 20 and 10 but his impact is barely there.

Sure but that doesn't change how good they were this year with Lee.

They are not a better team with Draymond Green playing more minutes. Thats just insane.

it's mostly Landry getting the minutes, though, who has a bigger impact. Green backs up Barnes, no?

Top Bottom