• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

looking at the playoff predictions from the beginning of the thread, too many people overrated Denver, lowballed New York, and gave Pacer fuckball too much credit.

should've seen the andre miller taint coming

also doesn't help that george karl is getting completely and utterly owned by mark jackson

I'm starting to think Karl has COTY locked up

He seems more fit for the "Win COTY, get fired a year later" thing at this point

I don't see Nuggets firing Karl at this point. Even if he loses in the first round yet again, getting a team with no real superstars to the playoffs two years in a row is no small feat.

I don't see Nuggets firing Karl at this point. Even if he loses in the first round yet again, getting a team with no real superstars to the playoffs two years in a row is no small feat.

he keeps putting andre miller on stephen curry and letting him go on these ridiculous scoring explosions where he gets 10-15 points in 3 minutes

iguodala has to be guarding curry almost all the time

Smokey

I want SVG or JVG to coach the rockets. So much potential being wasted under McHale. Harden is going to rot. Mchale never challenges him on his awful hero ball and that's because mchale has no idea what to do himself

:(

Antawn Jamison is not expected to re-sign with the Los Angeles Lakers this offseason.

Jamision will undergo wrist surgery on Tuesday for an injury sustained on March 22. Jamison played through the injury to help the already injury-depleted Lakers.

Jamison skipped his exit interview with the Lakers on Monday.

lol damn

Jamison is a pretty classy guy too so that's kind of concerning in terms of keeping Dwight.

Emwitus

I rather Klay Thompson going off than GOAT shooter.

The guy is still over 40% from 3 for the season and is the reason warriors kept it close in game 1....But i guess the lesser of two evils.

And yeah, jamison doesn't seem to like kobe or d'antoni for that matter going from his comments.

Best part is that he turned down more money to play in LA for a chance to chip.

His production is going to be impossible to replace at the vet min--good shooting percentages, 9.4 PPG, 5 RPG on good shooting numbers--46% and 36% from deep.

Funny thing is Jamison had one of his most efficient seasons and a lot of other players off the bench were good too (Clark, Hill) and yet the Lakers still ended up being terrible despite the HOF starting 5.

Nori Chan

His production is going to be impossible to replace at the vet min--good shooting percentages, 9.4 PPG, 5 RPG on good shooting numbers--46% and 36% from deep.

Funny thing is Jamison had one of his most efficient seasons and a lot of other players off the bench were good too (Clark, Hill) and yet the Lakers still ended up being terrible despite the HOF starting 5.

but what about the defense doe and the fact that hill played 30 games

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
lol damn

Jamison is a pretty classy guy too so that's kind of concerning in terms of keeping Dwight.

A few weeks ago when 710 ESPN asked him about what it was like playing for D'antoni and he didnt even have an answer. He was just silent then started laughing. Shit was amazing.

Emwitus

Everybody got injured, including jamison.

A few weeks ago when 710 ESPN asked him about what it was like playing for D'antoni and he didnt even have an answer. He was just silent then started laughing. Shit was amazing.

Funny thing is that Jamison didn't even get shook by gungate and was positive with our FO and coaching staff even during the darkest days of the Arenas era.

Extremely troubling to think that D'Antoni and the Lakers situation was worse than that.

Fjordson

Karl needs to put Iggy on Curry and then Iggy needs to work to fight through the screens like his life depended on it.

Jackon's coaching this series pretty well, though, so Golden State has just kept screening Curry's man with whoever Miller is guarding, they get the switch, and then Curry abuses Miller. Brewer also gets abused by Curry, but not so much because he's ancient like Miller, he's just terrible at staying with him off the ball.

I really hope we close it out tonight. I think we can with the way we're playing, but I hope Curry is able to have a solid game tonight. That eye looked nasty on Sunday. Him and Bogut playing big tonight could end the series.

I don't know if that's more of a race thing or more of a Rockstar makes boring and cliched characters thing.

certain people in that thread are labeling franklin's trailer as the cliche one while extolling the other two when, as you mentioned, all the characters in gta games are absurdly exaggerated tropes

Fjordson

Franklin is not even the "cliche gangbanger" they're suggesting he is. At the start of GTA V he's employed by powerful Armenian gangsters jacking expensive cars. He's not just some low-level street thug.

just watched it. theyre all goons. Trevor looks like the most insane and over the top, Michael looks like the most slimey out of the three and Frank is probably the "morally conflicted" Niko-like character. I could see how if you hate rap music and urban culture you'd single out Frank.

charsace

I don't know if that's more of a race thing or more of a Rockstar makes boring and cliched characters thing.

Its race. People don't want to play as a minority if it isn't a woman with a crazy body wearing a skimpy outfit. The other two guys are similar in their design philosophy. Its the same shit with l4d2 where people liked the characters less. It usually meant they didn't want to play as the black characters.

Franklin is not even the "cliche gangbanger" they're suggesting he is. At the start of GTA V he's employed by powerful Armenian gangsters jacking expensive cars. He's not just some low-level street thug.

please show us the light of what's it like to live the life of a cliched gangbanger from the hardknock urban life.

Zep

Banned
Someone in the nba-gaf community is coming out the closet shortly as well.

Heres a hint...his previous username began with a V and ended with an O.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
just watched it. theyre all goons. Trevor looks like the most insane and over the top, Michael looks like the most slimey out of the three and Frank is probably the "morally conflicted" Niko-like character. I could see how if you hate rap music and urban culture you'd single out Frank.

no there just insane. Here is a quote from one of the haters

As I said, the main characters in The Wire are police officers, not gangbangers. Same for Training Day.

how do you debate insane people? Anyhow I like all three characters and I can't wait to see the story. having 3 POV for some missions is going to be crazy....

linsivvi

Because it was never about the offense. The entire team had no trouble scoring.

Top Bottom