• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

He picked a convenient day for it though lol

You mean the day after the season ended, basically? He said he was going to get the surgery a day or so after the season ended about a week ago. His wrist was barely put together.

He was in constant pain. I don't know why anyone wouldn't get surgery ASAP. Dude playing through that was pretty amazing of him.

he keeps putting andre miller on stephen curry and letting him go on these ridiculous scoring explosions where he gets 10-15 points in 3 minutes

iguodala has to be guarding curry almost all the time

This is what Pop did to the Warriors during the regular season and it worked well (From Spurs vs Warriors in the regular season...He knew that the key to stalling out our offense was to keep Curry from scoring consistently during the regular season when everybody else was keying in on David Lee). I think Karl did try to trap Curry at first but then stopped because of Bogut. He then made the wrong assumption that Curry was off his game due to being ineffective for one half (it's an assumption most people would make tbh- guy isn't shooting well for 24 min, chances are he won't shoot well the rest of the game). That's the understandable part. The mind boggling part is why he didn't put Iggy on Curry after Curry started draining some shots. Or perhaps at least Lawson instead of Andre Miller...

This is what Pop did to the Warriors during the regular season and it worked well (From Spurs vs Warriors in the regular season...He knew that the key to stalling out our offense was to keep Curry from scoring consistently during the regular season when everybody else was keying in on David Lee). I think Karl did try to trap Curry at first but then stopped because of Bogut. He then made the wrong assumption that Curry was off his game due to being ineffective for one half (it's an assumption most people would make tbh- guy isn't shooting well for 24 min, chances are he won't shoot well the rest of the game). That's the understandable part. The mind boggling part is why he didn't put Iggy on Curry after Curry started draining some shots. Or perhaps at least Lawson instead of Andre Miller...

I don't get why Iggy doesn't guard him. I mean, Curry has been shut down in the 4th like 3 times by Kobe. If Kobe can do it, Iggy surely can for most of the game.

Put Miller on Klay and chandler on Barnes and Lawson on Jack.

And since they're small anyway, other than with Bogut picking, you can switch.

Emwitus

The guy dies on screens

What number do you think Wiggins is gonna wear?

I don't get why Iggy doesn't guard him. I mean, Curry has been shut down in the 4th like 3 times by Kobe. If Kobe can do it, Iggy surely can for most of the game.

Put Miller on Klay and chandler on Barnes and Lawson on Jack.

And since they're small anyway, other than with Bogut picking, you can switch.

My guess is that Karl's overestimating what Barnes/Klay can do...I dunno it boggles my mind as well. Iggy is supposedly your shutdown perimeter defender.Chandler, Lawson, and Miller/Brewer should be able to check Barnes, Jack and Klay.

Edit- I knew I forgot one rotation player

jjasper

Pau has grown up a lot. He was soft and immature when he left here. Playing with Kobe brought the best out of him. He response to the pressure of playing with Kobe in LA and competing for championships in pretty much exactly opposite of Howard.

Shadow780

The difference is though Pau is always gonna be a complimentary piece to Kobe, whereas Dwight is supposed to take over the reign after Kobe retires and he's not mentally capable to be groomed by fuck-all mantra from Kobe.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Not really. An African American, Black Latinos, and Black Caribbeans can't be racist against Africans.....were all from the same source.

What? This is maybe the silliest logic I have seen in ages. Congrats

Fatalah

Not really. An African American, Black Latinos, and Black Caribbeans can't be racist against Africans.....were all from the same source.

tumblr_kwxyh3A4FZ1qzxvmyo1_500.png

Their best players played less minutes together than nearly every other team's top 3 most used lineups.

There is a reason why pop tried to beat la to end the year and tanked versus warriors instead of the other way around.

You're nuts if you think the spurs weren't worried about facing the lakers with a healthy Kobe and Nash. I think the lakers win that series, but whatever.

^ I'm late as shit but I'd just like to say that I found this post very amusing.

Oh man. Assuming we don't make it back to the Finals (let me hold on to a small sliver of hope for now), I'm on the GO SPURS GO bandwagon.

Timmy deserves #5.

Gondoooo <3

He basically said it was the best locker room he's ever played in, he said he's never seen a superstar like Lebron go out of his way to make sure that the team socializes together.
I was listening too.James Jones makes fun of players the most. He's prolly got the most time on his hands.

and nobody fucks with UD.

and everybody shits on chalmers.

I have a feeling that no one likes Joel. Good.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
He basically said it was the best locker room he's ever played in, he said he's never seen a superstar like Lebron go out of his way to make sure that the team socializes together.
Not saying it isn't true but every year some vet says the exact same thing during a playoff run

Not saying it isn't true but every year some vet says the exact same thing during a playoff run

We're all friends off the court. It's like college. We hang out together, go to the movies, eat together etc......INSERT SUPERSTAR NAME HERE even had us over his house for a team dinner

It's the opposite of the above that you never hear...

Top Bottom