• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

1871 and me are different people. KG is a fake tough guy I can't believe people give him props for what he does. A real tough guy is Oakley or Barkley. Guys that didn't back down and would beat other player's up off the court. Melo stepped to KG and KG hid on his team bus like a fucking chump.

just to be really clear, nobody gave him props or think it's cool what he does

in a nutshell I'm just saying his antics make it more pleasurable to beat him. as a viewer it incites more passion into the watching experience. if you don't feel it, that's fine, but it's kind of part of the game for a lot of fans to hate on opposing players. you would know this firsthand

KingKong

just to be really clear, nobody gave him props or think it's cool what he does

in a nutshell I'm just saying his antics make it more pleasurable to beat him. as a viewer it incites more passion into the watching experience. if you don't feel it, that's fine, but it's kind of part of the game for a lot of fans to hate on opposing players. you would know this firsthand

It does make it more entertaining (especially when they get shit on by Bron Bron), I just hate that the media treats it like some positive quality and if anyone points out that he's an asshole the response is "you would love him if he was on your team!"

meh, Nets getting worked by the zombie Bulls would be fun for lulz but the outcome is pretty irrelevant with neither team standing a chance against the Heat (Rose aint comin back).

Vahagn

Quit blaming KD, he isn't the reason we lost last night or game 4 either.

He had 36 points on 23 shots, 7 rebounds and 7 dimes last night, and he should've had 3-4 more assists considering the wide open shots that were missed. He didn't score in the 4th because of Hack-a-Turk and because Reggie was driving to the hoop because of the attention being paid to KD.

If anything, the last 3 games really show how he and LeBron are in a class of their own.

Durant loses this. Rose comes back. Bulls go for 57-60 wins next year. I guarantee you people will be considering Rose the 2nd best player in the league. And for good reason.

If you need another superstar to win one game in 4 tries against an 8th seed with home court advantage - you're not the second best player in the league.

Durant loses this. Rose comes back. Bulls go for 57-60 wins next year. I guarantee you people will be considering Rose the 2nd best player in the league. And for good reason.

If you need another superstar to win one game in 4 tries against an 8th seed with home court advantage - you're not the second best player in the league.

you make a good point

Friday can't come soon enough

Breaking news on Yahoo!

jb1eJmwo4NiYek.jpg

There are many things I don't know, I know your cum strictly goes out of your dick and into a sock, but I have no idea if you get it there by looking at Lebron being topless on Southbeach.

So I'm only going to comment on facts.

And I know a few things of what KG has done. Which is what I'm talking about.

What is this

Actually, it's 2 games in 5 tries.

exarkun

Jasper is right, if Yahoo on their front page is calling that shit a flop, why is there no fine?

I don't really care, but you know...fuck fisher.

Jasper is right, if Yahoo on their front page is calling that shit a flop, why is there no fine?

I don't really care, but you know...fuck fisher.

Because the NBA didn't say they'd fine flops. They said they'd fine excessive embellishing flops. That one was the guy ran into to them sort of and they fell down. Had Fisher acted like he got shot and then sprawled on the floor, he'd have gotten a fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QxouABTC6o This gets you fined. What Fisher and Martin did, probably not.

Vahagn

You can't do that, though. It's 2 in 5. Just because he won the first you can't say 1 on 4 tries. It started 2 out of 5 and it ends that way.

Lol fine.

What if I said "If you need another superstar to avoid losing 4 straight games against an 8th seed you're not the 2nd best player in the league"

Same point right?

giri

the atlanta hawks don't count?

And OKC haven't already won series before?

OKC is a team built around 2 focal points drawing a lot of defensive attention, and either exploiting a mismatch on either of those, or letting the 3rd role player (martin or ibaka) score on oporunities those 2 create.

You take away one of those 2 focal points, and it's just one.

There is no team offense because brooks is fucking terrible. All offensive sets are based on iso's, which are easier to shut down when you only have to now account for one player, durant.

You saw it last night, the other guys on the team couldn't step up in the 4th despite durant being basically doubled with out the ball for a whole quarter.

To ride durants nuts right now is stupid, short sighted, and for LBJ apologists, very short on the memory.

not saying YOU are, but others are.

Lol fine.

What if I said "If you need another superstar to avoid losing 4 straight games against an 8th seed you're not the 2nd best player in the league"

Same point right?

It would be the same as what you said earlier, yes.

But I'd also argue it's not true. Durant doesn't need a superstar, he just needs another average player on the team. or a coach who doesn't play Perkins.

Right now, Durant is being killed by his coach playing the worst possible guys. Lebron never had someone as useless as Perkins playing with him.

I still think OKC wins another one, though, and this is premature

And OKC haven't already won series before?

OKC is a team built around 2 focal points drawing a lot of defensive attention, and either exploiting a mismatch on either of those, or letting the 3rd role player (martin or ibaka) score on oporunities those 2 create.

You take away one of those 2 focal points, and it's just one.

There is no team offense because brooks is fucking terrible. All offensive sets are based on iso's, which are easier to shut down when you only have to now account for one player, durant.

You saw it last night, the other guys on the team couldn't step up in the 4th despite durant being basically doubled with out the ball for a whole quarter.

To ride durants nuts right now is stupid, short sighted, and for LBJ apologists, very short on the memory.

not saying YOU are, but others are.

100% agree.

And to make matters worse on offense, Durant is barely playing off the ball anymore which is his strength. He's not a point forward, he's a small forward who can create at times.

Perkins could play when YNB was out there because of how much pressure KD and him put on team. But now? Perkins is such a waste of space and there's only KD to put pressure that the offense is completely bogged down and other than Fisher, everyone's ass cheeks are clenching.

Vahagn

But I'd also argue it's not true. Durant doesn't need a superstar, he just needs another average player on the team. or a coach who doesn't play Perkins.

Right now, Durant is being killed by his coach playing the worst possible guys. Lebron never had someone as useless as Perkins playing with him.

100% agree.

And to make matters worse on offense, Durant is barely playing off the ball anymore which is his strength. He's not a point forward, he's a small forward who can create at times.

Perkins could play when YNB was out there because of how much pressure KD and him put on team. But now? Perkins is such a waste of space and there's only KD to put pressure that the offense is completely bogged down and other than Fisher, everyone's ass cheeks are clenching.

Lebron has had plenty of useless guys playing with him. The reality is, there are a variety of guys in the NBA that can score at will and at the same time make guys around them better and run a team. Durant is better at it then he was, but he's not one of those guys.

The reality is, everyone would be surprised if OKC loses this series. They're already surprised now, and will be if this goes to a game 7. The general idea with the YNB injury was; Oh well, they'll cruise to the WCF and maybe by then he'll be back. Losing in the first round is a major major under-achievement and reflects poorly on him despite how well he plays individually. Much like all the years Dirk played great in the playoffs but kept losing in the first round.

All he needed was another "average" player too. But he wasn't called the 2nd best player in the league.

Let's also remember that until last year when Rose started suffering serious injuries throughout the season and then finally tore his ACL, Durant was never considered the second best. A healthy Rose right now would probably be ahead of Durant in most people's minds.

exarkun

Putting Collison in would be better than Perkins, but how much so? The change would kind of change the series, since Perkins is such a liability the Rockets somewhat disrespect his game. Collison can at least move by himself and finish within 5 feet.

It will be interesting to watch. We are so weak at the 4 spot, Collison/Ibaka can abuse us there. Playing small-ball isn't the way to go, I think Collison is the key to them going to the post more often.

giri

100% agree.

Yeah, perkins was still a net negative, but with YNB, it wasn't as pronounced.

I mean, YNB was still bad at doing what he did, and he was never a POINT guard. But he was the essential second shot creator for the "system" to work.

Durant can play point forward, somewhat, but even when LBJ was in cleveland, i said it was a bad idea for that to be the case. He gets away with it in cleveland thanks to wade and bosh, but again, people forget that when he was in cleveland LBJ got shut down for periods where he was point forward full time. Rondo wrecked his shit for a whole series.

In cleveland there was less excuse, delonte and mo could have handled the ball and set up sets. Not that LBJ wasn't better. But with no YNB, OKC are seeing how stupid their payroll spending has been.

Lebron has had plenty of useless guys playing with him. The reality is, there are a variety of guys in the NBA that can score at will and at the same time make guys around them better and run a team. Durant is better at it then he was, but he's not one of those guys.

The reality is, everyone would be surprised if OKC loses this series. They're already surprised now, and will be if this goes to a game 7. The general idea with the YNB injury was; Oh well, they'll cruise to the WCF and maybe by then he'll be back. Losing in the first round is a major major under-achievement and reflects poorly on him despite how well he plays individually. Much like all the years Dirk played great in the playoffs but kept losing in the first round.

All he needed was another "average" player too. But he wasn't called the 2nd best player in the league.

Let's also remember that until last year when Rose started suffering serious injuries throughout the season and then finally tore his ACL, Durant was never considered the second best. A healthy Rose right now would probably be ahead of Durant in most people's minds.

I don't think anyone here considered Rose a top 5 player.

And Lebron never played with someone as bad and useless as Perkins is in this series once his team became contenders. Even Joel Anthony was better.

And let's not forget, Miami probably loses last year to Boston had Bosh not returned and they struggled versus the Pacers without him too, so let's not put him on that pedestal.

It is extremely hard not to win with at least one other star quality player in any round. Lebron couldn't do it til he got Wade and Bosh. Durant won't without WB. Kobe couldn't without one.

Who is Durant's 2nd best player? Ibaka? and 3rd. Martin? lmao. that's bad.

Branduil

Lebron's played with worthless centers his whole career. The Heat would look pretty bad if Bosh, Wade, and Ray Allen weren't playing.

Lebron's played with worthless centers his whole career. The Heat would look pretty bad if Bosh, Wade, and Ray Allen weren't playing.

He's never played with a good center other than Shaq and putting Varajeo/Bosh at C, but Big Z, Hickson, and even Joel aren't Perkins bad.

Perkins has 1 use and 1 use only. Post defense. Against Hibbert, howard, Duncan, etc he has some value. In every other series he shouldn't see the floor.

But yeah, take Wade or Bosh away from the heat and they struggle. Take both away and they're definitely done. As great as Lebron is, he can't win if his second best player is Battier.

You don't need two offensive stars, but you need two star quality players to win these days. Ibaka is not a star. He's above average, but his defense is vastly overrated.

Vahagn

I don't think anyone here considered Rose a top 5 player.

And Lebron never played with someone as bad and useless as Perkins is in this series once his team became contenders. Even Joel Anthony was better.

And let's not forget, Miami probably loses last year to Boston had Bosh not returned and they struggled versus the Pacers without him too, so let's not put him on that pedestal.

It is extremely hard not to win with at least one other star quality player in any round. Lebron couldn't do it til he got Wade and Bosh. Durant won't without WB. Kobe couldn't without one.

Who is Durant's 2nd best player? Ibaka? and 3rd. Martin? lmao. that's bad.

"here" isn't the NBA knowledge authority people seem to want to believe it is. Rose got voted MVP, and pretty much everyone in the basketball world that year thought he was a top 5 player.

Miami probably does lose to Boston if Bosh doesn't come back you're right. And Lebron James keeps getting rightly criticized because winning and losing does mean something at the end of the day. As for Kobe, Kobe was never a 1 seed having lost to an 8 seed. If LAC loses this series and Blake doesn't play again, that's not on CP3 in the same way it would be on Durant because LAC and Memphis aren't 1 and 8 seeds respectively.

Make all the excuses for Durant that you want, he's not the second best player in the league if he loses 4 straight games against an 8th seed and gets knocked out in the first round despite being fully healthy.

But yeah, take Wade or Bosh away from the heat and they struggle. Take both away and they're definitely done. As great as Lebron is, he can't win if his second best player is Battier.

Who said anything about winning a chip? Lebron and Battier would definitely stop themselves from losing 4 in a row to an 8th seed though.

Top Bottom