• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

thekad

Banned
Linsanity started off the bench believe

Smokey & others need to believe. Jesus Harden gonna bring us to the promised land

bjpn68vcmaedvhoqcupk.jpg
Loool

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
In November 1999, 21-year-old Bryant met 17-

year-old Vanessa Laine while she was working as

a background dancer on the Tha Eastsidaz music

video "G'd Up".
Bryant was in the building

working on his debut musical album. The two

began dating and became engaged just six

months later in May 2000,

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Indiana hasn't won a game in Atlanta in years

tonight doesn't change that

OKC sux

Grizz choke

Boston and NY should just brawl to stop the suffering of ESPN making us watch that shit

go Mavs!

Cipherr

Nothing like a possible elimination game involving two teams I like to watch but ultimately don't care about.

I'm fortunate that its Fuck the Knicks, and Fuck Jason Bobblehead Terry, because I literally feel good no matter who wins.

Andre Iguodala is expected to opt out of the final season of his current contract, which is set to pay him $16 million in order to explore free agency.
Iguodala may not receive as much money on an annual basis, but would welcome the security of a long-term deal.

Iguodala will be one of the NBA's most coveted unrestricted free agents this offseason.

uh

Was this expected/well known?

Because it seems insane.

effzee

uh

Was this expected/well known?

Because it seems insane.

Probably something stupid the Sixers drew up when they gave him his contract.

Didn't know Vanessa could have walked out with 75M. But I guess she stands to gain more by sticking with Kobe just because of his status. I mean its not like she can't also fool around while he is out on road trips. Best of both worlds. Wasn't that the rumor anyway a few years back when apparently she accused Gaso's fiance of sleeping around and shit came out that Vanessa liked to sample the men of LA?

I remember early on it was a lot more about his dad not liking her. Probably the mom too but in those early days I always heard about him and his dad no longer talking to each other.

And a girl sticking by her cheating husband does show she is a gold digger, provided the husband is loaded. Hell I would expect most self respecting women to leave their husband if he cheats of them and not care about the money. She actually stuck by just for the money. Didn't Kobe also have to buy her some huge diamond and get a tattoo of her?
He also bought her mom a mansion. LMAO. But she ain't a gold digger...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lin is active and coming off the bench. Means a L tonight

fuck

nah dude, the fact he's not starting is the good news. We all knew he was going to come back eventually if this series continued. Only so long he can use the excuse his boob bruise hurts since he's not having spasms anymore.

Just be thankful his ass is not the starter now.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I can't stand Royce White. Please release him next season Rockets. Just take the loss.

"Royce White takes Twitter jab at Kevin Durant after Rockets win"
http://nba.si.com/2013/05/02/royce-white-twitter-trash-talk-kevin-durant-rockets-thunder/

"That tweet followed another one: “That Thunder team just looked shook.”

Those messages prompted a number of replies to White suggesting that his comments lacked substance given that he has isn’t currently playing for the Rockets. White laughed off that line of and defended his right to speak his mind.

“It’s ALOT of tough B-BALL fans on [Twitter],” he wrote. “I’m a spectator right now, I’ll say whatever the f— I want. Swing when you see me. … Do [people] ACTUALLY think if they tweet enough I’m going to change? ‘Never change when you’re winning.’ Say what I want… Freedom of speech.”

Guy is a fucking joke. He's winning his con game, disgusting.

Emwitus

It could be because 2014 is expected to have so many max players on the market. Igoudala could probably get a max contract this summer since there are really only 2 other max players (Howard and Paul).

Watch some GM give bynum the max...wouldn't even be surprised if Jim does it.

Matrix

He might screw over the Rockets with words alone, give Durant motivation. I have never seen a player do some much damage to the organization that drafted him without playing a single game.

lol Durant's reply...

Who is that?” Durant asked, according to The Oklahoman. “I haven’t seen him on the bench. I haven’t seen him on the bench. So, I mean, I’m not worried about guys that’s not even in our series. Ain’t that the guy that’s afraid to fly? Well I wish him the best, man, and if I see him next year I’ll let him know who were are.”

The Houston Chronicle reported that Durant didn’t view the comments as inspiration or bulletin board material.

“I don’t get fired up off stuff,” Durant said, according to the paper. “I get fired up just playing this game, enjoying the game. Like I said, I wish him the best. I wish he could have played and really felt this intensity for a playoff game, but I guess watching on TV is better.”

man I didn't know Royce tweeted more bs...
"On Friday, White replied to Durant’s comments in a lengthy series of Twitter messages that included an apology, compliments for Durant’s game, blame toward the media for covering his comments and, finally, one more dig, this time at Thunder forward Serge Ibaka.
http://nba.si.com/2013/05/03/kevin-...ahoma-city-thunder-houston-rockets/?eref=sihp

Blackace

I can't stand Royce White. Please release him next season Rockets. Just take the loss.

"Royce White takes Twitter jab at Kevin Durant after Rockets win"
http://nba.si.com/2013/05/02/royce-white-twitter-trash-talk-kevin-durant-rockets-thunder/

"That tweet followed another one: “That Thunder team just looked shook.”

Those messages prompted a number of replies to White suggesting that his comments lacked substance given that he has isn’t currently playing for the Rockets. White laughed off that line of and defended his right to speak his mind.

“It’s ALOT of tough B-BALL fans on [Twitter],” he wrote. “I’m a spectator right now, I’ll say whatever the f— I want. Swing when you see me. … Do [people] ACTUALLY think if they tweet enough I’m going to change? ‘Never change when you’re winning.’ Say what I want… Freedom of speech.”

Guy is a fucking joke. He's winning his con game, disgusting.

gangstashit.jpg

Only response needed

Matrix

thekad

Banned
Simmons said:
Q: But seriously … what the heck happened to the Clippers???????

The micro problems: They don't run plays in crunch time except for "Clear Out for Chris" or "Jack One Up, Jamal!" which is kind of a problem … they weren't doing anything in the playoffs unless DeAndre Jordan became their crunch-time big guy, only Vinny never gave him those reps during the season … Chauncey Billups should have retired a year ago, only Vinny and Chauncey are the last two guys to realize it … Vinny relies on Jamal Crawford waaaaaaaaay too much, even though Jamal is the ultimate "if he doesn't have it, get him out of there" guy … and they're just not big enough, something that easily could have been addressed in February had they pulled off an ambitious mega-deal for KG and Pierce that was definitely on the table, only their organization has so many chefs in the kitchen that they couldn't pull it off.

The macro problem: Even after they bring in another coach, they need to figure out how to mesh Lob City with the CP3 era. Because, right now, Blake Griffin and best friend DeAndre Jordan don't love playing basketball with him — that was the worst-kept secret in basketball until T.J. Simers wrote about it last month. The young guys want to run. Chris wants to win. The young guys think Chris is condescending. Chris thinks they care too much about getting on YouTube. Blake feels like he gets frozen out of games late. Chris doesn't want to pass to him because Blake can't make free throws. Blake didn't understand why Chris got input in last summer's free-agent moves and he didn't. Chris doesn't think Blake works hard enough at defending high screens. Etc. etc. etc. They've uneasily coexisted these past two seasons, and these last few weeks it's gotten rocky enough that they can barely hide it in their on-court interactions.

Could the right coach squash this crap in about two seconds? Of course. But that's going to happen this summer … well after the Clippers blew their chance to make the Finals in a wide-open West because of that issue and about 10 other ones. What a shame. The 2012-13 Clippers season was like one of those big-budget movies with a phenomenal cast that just never quite got there. They were the Minority Report or Collateral of basketball teams. You're damned right I just went double Cruise on you. Hey, speaking of my favorite actors …

he gone he gone

Tom Penny

In the unlikely scenario that the Knicks have the biggest collapse in NBA history what would Melo's legacy be if he never wins a chip?

LOL Sager...

drunk-craig-sager-e1367615986171.jpg

last friday night Knicks this season D: :p (i dont know how the schedule from here on out goes but i think there are no more friday playoff games?)
I actually expect the Celtics to lay an egg, Jet might hit some threes and crawford will get in a fight fight fight but the KG era ends tonight

*waves to stern*

Clippers get demolished
Rockets win
Pacers should but will probably lose , smh

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
In the unlikely scenario that the Knicks have the biggest collapse in NBA history what would Melo's legacy be if he never wins a chip?

What everyone has been saying for years already: an inferior Tracy McGrady.

Matrix

wtf have I been, has any Rockets fan posted this...

"A CT scan performed yesterday on Rockets forward Carlos Delfino revealed a bone fracture in his right foot that will require surgery this offseason. Delfino will miss the remainder of the 2013 NBA Playoffs"

I was wondering why he was playing even shittier than usual the last couple of games.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
wtf have I been, has any Rockets fan posted this...

"A CT scan performed yesterday on Rockets forward Carlos Delfino revealed a bone fracture in his right foot that will require surgery this offseason. Delfino will miss the remainder of the 2013 NBA Playoffs"

I was wondering why he was playing even shittier than usual the last couple of games.

Smokey did...

oh right rockets fan.

Blackace

Doesn't even matter. And looking at things, Kobe had been the more disreputable of the two. Maybe that says more about guys who go to those places looking for women, than the women themselves.

Go to what places?

Top Bottom