• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

SoulPlaya

more money than God
They can easily move them for filler. Especially to teams that have really cheap owners.

San Antonio will likely murder Golden State. They don't have anyone that can guard Duncan. I think the Spurs backcourt can make Curry and Thompson work hard, particularly because they have people like Leonard that specialize on defense.
Jefferson for Noah confirmed.

Vestal

Looking at how all of this might turn out.. It looks like the only really difficult series to predict will be 2/7 vs 3/6 in the east. Just cause with Fuckball you never know what you may get. I think Indiana will close out tonight, and will IMO be favorites against either the Celts or the Knicks, cause Fuckball rules both.

No other series in either conference give me much hope of competitiveness. Grizz will plow through OKC(or HOU if they pull it off), and the Spurs will dissect the Warriors. Miami will destroy either Brooklin or Chicago, it won't even be funny. Chicago could have put up a decent fight for a game or two, but they are too depleted to compete with Miami. The Nets can't score enough to play with Miami.

Emwitus

I feel like the biggest mistake karl made was not making mcgee more of their centerpiece center over the course of the season. I've always had the notion that mcgee has all star potential, and when he isn't doing dumb stuff, he really is a game changer. Too bad karl likes to make rush decisions at the smallest sign of fragility.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I feel like the biggest mistake karl made was not making mcgee more of their centerpiece center over the course of the season. I've always had the notion that mcgee has all star potential, and when he isn't doing dumb stuff, he really is a game changer. Too bad karl likes to make rush decisions at the smallest sign of fragility.

Yeah, for all the talk people give on McGee doing stupid shit, that same energy is why he constantly is coming up with loose balls, poking the ball away from guards on fast breaks, etc.

He is just a much better player than Kofus/Mozgov and the Nuggets would have been a better team if McGee was getting a CONSISTENT 30mpg instead of constant yoyoing.

Fatalah

Trying to find an article explaining the extent of David Lee's injury.

I guess he's able play through the injury until he gets the surgery?

"Energy" doesn't help at all if you don't have BBIQ to go along with it.

McGee also frequently gives up on pick-and-roll defense and on the defensive glass so it's more like stat-padding energy than trying-to-win energy.

Yeah, for all the talk people give on McGee doing stupid shit, that same energy is why he constantly is coming up with loose balls, poking the ball away from guards on fast breaks, etc.

He is just a much better player than Kofus/Mozgov and the Nuggets would have been a better team if McGee was getting a CONSISTENT 30mpg instead of constant yoyoing.

How much of that is on Karl and how much of that is on McGee though? The way I see it, even though he has all the physical tools to dominate, it seems as though he doesn't have to mental capacity (maturity, intelligence etc..) to make use of it. For as impressive as he is at times, he does have a propensity of implode and play himself to the bench.

hammertime.gif

Warriors really had an amazing draft haul this year. We managed to pick up a starting SF, heavy rotation player and a defensive backup center. Not only that but they're contributing year one. Amazing job by Bob Myers. Also, props to Draymond for stepping up his game. His three ball was more reliable than Klay's during this series. I can't count how many times during the series I've yelled "No Draymond...don't take that!!" only to be interrupted halfway by the sounds of a made swish.

Jalen Rose said it best "Javale Mcgee will give you 22 minutes of productive basketball, whether he plays 20 minutes or 40 minutes"...thats that kids ceiling.

Enjoyed the hell out of Iron Man 3 last night. It helped take the taste out of that Bulls loss. I don't mind losing to the nets now. I know a healthy Bulls team with Derrick Rose could take the Nets, no question. The Bulls losing will put an end to the fucking "Will he play this season nonsense". Now I get to watch the Heat beat on the Nets instead of my beloved Bulls.

effzee

Iggy stay losin.

Dat Sixers taint is hard to wash off bro.

sorry.

Was rooting for him too. He played all right but he shouldn't be counted on to score for them especially because he still hasn't developed any offensive moves. Sometimes he hits some jumpers but for the most part he has no move to drive to the rim. His defense and ability to finish at the rim keep him in the league.

Whats everyones predictions for tonights games?

-Melo probably has a stupid crazy night and closes the series. It would be hilarious if Celts force a game 7 tho.

-Grizz win since CP's hand is bruised and Griff's ankle is fucked.

-Pacers probably close it up, avoiding a 7 game firstround fuckball series is my reason for picking Indy.

-OKC over Houston, but I'll be rooting for a 7th game.

Does Brooklyn actually have a shot at Miami if they advance to the second round? I mean we slaughtered them during regular season but is it because of Avery Johnson's taint?

Does Brooklyn actually have a shot at Miami if they advance to the second round? I mean we slaughtered them during regular season but is it because of Avery Johnson's taint?

Put Lebron on Dwill like you did to Rose and you should be ok. Nets only take a game if the Heat don't give a fuck during that game.

Vestal

Absolutely no chance. They struggled to score against a depleted Bulls team, while they have allowed the bulls to take 3 games against them with no real offense. Miami will run circles around the Nets defense to 100+ point games.

Miami could probably Rest Wade/Bosh and they would still sweep.

Vestal

Celtics blow out the Knicks

Durant shits all over Houston

Nobody watches or even score checks Atlanta/Indiana

Clips flop their way to game 7

Agree with number 1.

I think Houston will push to a Game 7.

FUCKBALL will be in full force and Indiana will advance.

If Grizz lose this, we will probably have an LA Team in the WCF, who will get schooled out of the building.

I won't be able to take the uproar if Nets survive and take the series in 7 and the Knicks managed to lose in 7.

Oh my...

It's more likely that they both make it to the next series then that.

The Celtics are losing this series. They are losing tonight, or on Sunday. They will lose.

Save these thoughts for next series.

Someone get Rodeo Clown some Xanax

Jerry Zgoda's interview with David Kahn, Part II

Q. When you look back on the draft record – we don’t have to go through it line by line – Flynn, Wes, all that, what’s your opinion of it?

A. Let’s not do it line by line but year by year, OK?
2009, I’m hired on May 22, 2009. There are four GMs or assistant GMs who have been scouting the entire year and one of their complaints to me was that despite all their scouting work in the past, in the end nobody would listen to them and my predecessor would take who he wanted to take.

When I look back on that draft, the fact that we pulled out Ricky and we pulled out Wayne Ellington, who since has become Dante Cunningham, I can think of a lot of worse things. In drafts, you can make a mistake or you can make a mistake you’ll never recover from. One can argue that the Trail Blazers in certain ways didn’t recover from the Jordan draft (in 1984). Our decision to take Jonny Flynn is not a decision we couldn’t recover from.

So we needed a point guard on the team, we knew Ricky couldn’t come. That was the whole point behind the trade (Mike Miller and Randy Foye to Washington for the fifth pick used to take Rubio), to give us flexibility to draft Ricky with our second pick if he was there. And so the scouts had Flynn as the No. 1 point guard. And I had just emerged from several meetings where all they were saying to me was nobody ever listens to us and I like Jonny too, so please don’t mistake that. I could see a lot of the appeal and so to that extent, that’s the reason that pick was made. And the reason we deferred the other pick (18th overall, which they traded to Denver and took Ty Lawson for the Nuggets in exchange for a 2010 first rounder). The reason we deferred is we didn’t have a coach yet and I was starting to feel uncomfortable with making a lot of decisions with so little so much more work to do with who would be coaching these guys.

lulz Kahn deferred a pick because he didn't feel comfortable doing his job.

u ok Rodeo?

no?

lets continue then

The 2010 draft: We tried mightily to move up to the third spot (New Jersey, who took Derrick Favors), mightily. We just couldn’t get it done. We just didn’t have enough talent on the roster. We gave some thought to move back (they discussed a deal with Indiana involving the No. 4 pick and Flynn for the No. 10 and Danny Granger), but it just didn’t materialize in either direction.

And you should ask Rick about this: One of the selling points to Rick on this job when he was watching film of the team, he really liked Wes Johnson. And there was a lot to like about Wes. He was athletic. Even though he didn’t have a ball that had a lot of rotation on it, seemed to go in from a distance. You could really see him developing into an elite defender.

and then the dagger

Q. Why did you guys like Flynn so much over Curry?

A. Well, Curry didn’t visit (before the draft). That hurt because whenever you’re building consensus amongst all staff it’s hard when you don’t have a player visit for that reason alone and he wouldn’t visit. I’d only been there for two weeks. I couldn’t do anything about that. Flynn had leadership abilities at first blush. He was very dynamic, charismatic. You could see it his rookie season. The kid had a lot of confidence, plays bigger than he is. He just got hurt. He got hurt. He had a pre-condition nobody knew about his hip. During his recovery period, he knew something was wrong but he didn’t tell anybody it

The entire interview Kahn basically admits he was underqualified for the job and was incapable of his duties.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kahn's answer for the Derrick Williams pick feels really weak. Implying that you were almost pressured into taking him makes it sound like you're passing blame and makes you look weak.

Also don't understand why they needed to draft for need at 6th overall when they sucked and were going to keep sucking until Rubio came over anyway...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Kobe has had problems with his family for years, mainly over their objections to him marrying his wife. Supposedly, they wanted him to marry a black girl.
Not a race thing more or a hoe thing

You know where he met her right?

Top Bottom