• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

jjasper

Another stellar fourth quarter. I was hoping maybe if we didn't have the lead going in we might be ok and not choke but I was wrong.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Best defense in the nba!

maybe they all ate bad Chinese food before the game.
All those fouls in the first half on the Grizzlies starters messed up the execution of their game plan (not blaming the refs here). Also, not enough rebounds from Gasol and Randolph which is directly related to the first point.

Edit: Another point: Hollins rotations.

What a crazy Day 1... Knicks/Boston and Denver/Golden State held up their end of the bargain, but Nets/Bulls stunk and Clippers/Memphis really wasn't as good as I'd thought it'd be.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
570826588.png

Still relevant.

JET has totally lost it.
I'm starting to wonder if JET ever had it, if maybe the Dallas staff and Dirk's shooting coach hypnotized him to play well. This is the same mofo who stared down LeBron James in 2011? Jesus Christ dude has lost his shooting ability, and apparently he's about to lose his spot in the rotation. Welcome to playing under 10 minutes a game, JET.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
it's not too late...

Miami HEAT... Kane w/ fire. Imagine Kane coming down on the court with fire blazing to shake hands w/ Bron!

"who is that... GREAT GOD ALMIGHTY THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE!"
Heat. . . . . fire. . . . . . Kane. . . . . . Kane and LeBron? Gee, I wonder if LeBron is a Kane fan? Who am I kidding, of course he is. I mean, everyone is. Boozer also lives in Miami. Become a fan of the Heat, might meet Boozer in Miami, might see Kane on the court with fire? LeBron is also friends with Boozer. I mean, everyone is.

Kane likes fire. . . . . fire produces. . . . . . heat. It's hot in Miami.

My God, it all makes sense! Miami HEAT!!!

But, the Lakers. . . . . I can't abandon them now. . . . . not after all I've done for them this season. No, I must resist the temptation!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
it's not too late...

Miami HEAT... Kane w/ fire. Imagine Kane coming down on the court with fire blazing to shake hands w/ Bron!

"who is that... GREAT GOD ALMIGHTY THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE! KANE!!! KANE!!!"

Jesus christ

Heat. . . . . fire. . . . . . Kane. . . . . . Kane and LeBron? Gee, I wonder if LeBron is a Kane fan? Who am I kidding, of course he is. I mean, everyone is. Boozer also lives in Miami. Become a fan of the Heat, might meet Boozer in Miami, might see Kane on the court with fire? LeBron is also friends with Boozer. I mean, everyone is.

Kane likes fire. . . . . fire produces. . . . . . heat. It's hot in Miami.

My God, it all makes sense! Miami HEAT!!!

But, the Lakers. . . . . I can't abandon them now. . . . . not after all I've done for them this season. No, I must resist the temptation!
Jesus christ
The fire still burns, Soulplaya...

SoulPlaya is not allowed in our club

And I speak on behalf of all Heat fans
How DARE you try and insult Soulplaya like that. He'd instantly become like the 5th longest tenured Heat-GAF poster!

you, miamiwesker, The M.o.B, and another guy I forgot. Cerrius apparently doesn't post much anymore.

The only guys I'd accept into the Heat fan club would be Konex and V ..... wait, never mind

It would just be fun to see him defend LeBron to the core like he does with a certain someone else

The only guys I'd accept into the Heat fan club would be Konex and V ..... wait, never mind

It would just be fun to see him defend LeBron to the core like he does with a certain someone else
If somehow Miami could have Bosh AND Boozer... the Blackface/Soulplaya arguments on who is better would break GAF.

If somehow Miami could have Bosh AND Boozer... the Blackface/Soulplaya arguments on who is better would break GAF.

lawl the Heat basically put Boozer in the Stoudemire/Joe Johnson/Rudy Gay category of "We're talking to you only if everything fucks up badly"

I have to admit that at one point in 2011 I did utter the words "I'd rather have a player of Stoudemire's type over Bosh"
just terrible

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
lawl the Heat basically put Boozer in the Stoudemire/Joe Johnson/Rudy Gay category of "We're talking to you only if everything fucks up badly"

I have to admit that at one point in 2011 I did utter the words "I'd rather have a player of Stoudemire's type over Bosh"
just terrible

why are you trying to start something with Knicks age? 1 day into the playoffs and your begging to be told to EAD..... live and let live bruh until the ECF.... if that happens.

J2 Cool

Was thinking about Iverson's "practice" speech and how inverse it is to Rose's mentality right now, rather you may as well flip "practice" and "game" and imagine it coming out of Rose's mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI&t=0m40s

That speech was considerably less offensive than skipping out on a playoff game your team needed you in. So tired of the coddling, but the players are at his mercy, and nobody would dare say a bad thing about him because of it. The city's souring on him temporarily though, being as blue collar as they are, after having absolutely everyone behind him for two years. Especially post-injury sympathy he garnered. Just about gone, but then we're just about as much at his mercy as the players. Feel bad for Kobe watching a healthy superstar, former MVP sit out the playoffs.

Also makes me relook at Rose's "why can't I be mvp?" statement and Lebron's "four, five, six, seven" championship prediction, and make me think about the media spin on both of them. Why was the latter the greater example of ego, self-oriented play? Why did we respect Rose not reaching out to bring Lebron to Chicago so much?

giri

Was thinking about Iverson's "practice" speech and how inverse it is to Rose's mentality right now, rather you may as well flip "practice" and "game" and imagine it coming out of Rose's mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI&t=0m40s

That speech was considerably less offensive than skipping out on a playoff game your team needed you in. So tired of the coddling, but the players are at his mercy, and nobody would dare say a bad thing about him because of it. The city's souring on him temporarily though, being as blue collar as they are, after having absolutely everyone behind him for two years. Especially post-injury sympathy he garnered. Just about gone, but then we're just about as much at his mercy as the players. Feel bad for Kobe watching a healthy superstar, former MVP sit out the playoffs.

Also makes me relook at Rose's "why can't I be mvp?" statement and Lebron's "four, five, six, seven" championship prediction, and make me think about the media spin on both of them. Why was the latter the greater example of ego, self-oriented play? Why did we respect Rose not reaching out to bring Lebron to Chicago so much?

This is the biggest load of bull shit.

You're legit terrible.

Is Chandler going to be able to play decent minutes the rest of this series?

Edit: getting him rested up for the Pacers would be worth it if they can win with him getting limited minutes.

Top Bottom