• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

MiKeD

Banned
What are chances of Lionel Hollins not coaching the Grizz next season?
He was pretty vocal about the salary shit that went down earlier in the season and would love to have him replace coach Scott.

jjasper

What are chances of Lionel Hollins not coaching the Grizz next season?
He was pretty vocal about the salary shit that went down earlier in the season and would love to have him replace coach Scott.

Rumor has it the front office is going to give him a new contract once the playoffs ends. He would probably love Cleveland though. He would play Irving 42 mins a game and get to ho back to playing Ellington and Speights way too many minutes. He'll he could probably talk the front office into taking Rudy gay and his contract off Tornoto once BC gets fired and the new GM realizes how terrible Gay is for the money.

Emwitus

Can Leastern first round get any worse? The only watchable match is Knicks and Celtics.

You wait until boston kicks out the knicks. Then it'll be a cake walk to the finals...for the heatles. Agh! Why you gotta get injured now parker/ginobli? Someone save us from this evil.

masud

Banned
OKC over Houston in 5
SA over LA in 6
Denver over GS in 5
LAC over Memphis in 7

Miami over Milwaukee in 4.
Indiana over Atlanta in yawn
Brooklyn over Chicago in 7
NYK over Boston in 3 (fuck the Celtics)

I would want Knicks to advance just to try to stop the Heat but knowing the Knicks they would win in the first round and lose in the semis

fuck Wade trying to get a 3rd ring, i wouldn't care about Lebron getting his second but Wade is just garbage.

I would want Knicks to advance just to try to stop the Heat but knowing the Knicks they would win in the first round and lose in the semis

fuck Wade trying to get a 3rd ring, i wouldn't care about Lebron getting his second but Wade is just garbage.
yeah wade is SUCH a scrub

MiKeD

Banned
Scott? Brooks?
Hollins are about in same level.

EDIT : oh that one that got fired

Yea, sorry should've been more clear.

Rumor has it the front office is going to give him a new contract once the playoffs ends. He would probably love Cleveland though. He would play Irving 42 mins a game and get to ho back to playing Ellington and Speights way too many minutes. He'll he could probably talk the front office into taking Rudy gay and his contract off Tornoto once BC gets fired and the new GM realizes how terrible Gay is for the money.

I really like what I saw from Speights early on with the Cavs. Didn't have a chance to watch too many games last month, though.

I originally thought the Bulls/Nets could go either way, even with the Bulls missing Rose. But now with Noah possibly missing the Nets series, I guess the Nets are going to win that one. Bulls might get 1 or 2 games still.

OKC over HOU in 4
SA over LA in 6
Den over GS in 5
MeM over LAC in 6

Miami over MIL last week
NY over Bos in 5
Indy over ATL in 5
Nets over Chi in 5

CHICAGO – A 25 year old Peoria Illinois man filed a lawsuit Thursday against Chicago Bulls Superstar Derrick Rose. Matthew Thompson, a self-described long-time Bulls fan, and electrician claims Rose missing the entire 2012-2013 NBA regular season has caused him to have mental breakdowns and emotional distress, which ultimately led to obesity issues.

Obviously fake, but I want to believe this is possible.

KingGondo

Banned
Still, it's utter bullshit that Rose didn't come back after being cleared medically.

Bulls need to sign Royce White so he and Rose can be headcase roommates.

fertygo

I don't mind, I said he should skip the year before season started.

Pissed off why everyone that said the same now bashing him though.

Sanjuro

Yeah when he's asked if they're going to win, he should simply say he thinks the Knicks don't have a chance. That's how it works.

If he was one of the team leaders, maybe? This is basically our equivalent of Shavlik proclaiming a NBA Championship.

Also, great timing. Our entire city is on lock-down.

Brandon Jennings says he sees them beating the Heat in six cause there is no pressure on them

young buck you will soon learn the difference between the playoffs and regular season

PBY

Banned
Brandon Jennings says he sees them beating the Heat in six cause there is no pressure on them

young buck
you will soon learn the difference between the playoffs and regular season

images

KingGondo

Banned
ugh

Boston marathon stuff is the most depressing thing ever

I simply can't read anymore about this shit :(
It could have been a lot worse, thankfully there weren't as many fatalities as there easily could have been.

And at least they know who did it and seem close to catching/killing the second bomber.

It's fascinating from the perspective that it happened at such an iconic event and has more or less shut down a whole city for a day, but way worse atrocities happen all the time in other places. We should be thankful that this is the first real attack on US soil since 9/11.

It's fascinating from the perspective that it happened at such an iconic event and has more or less shut down a whole city for a day, but way worse atrocities happen all the time in other places. We should be thankful that this is the first real attack on US soil since 9/11.

Yea, I'm extremely thankful for how insulated we are as a country from the horrors of the world--that we can just bullshit about sports all day and what not instead of staring down stuff like this on the regular.

I think it's just that this is the second time within a few months that we've gotten intimate details about seemingly good, normal dudes (Dorner and these kids) going nuts and then being viciously (and rightfully so) hunted down on TV.

Slaying millions of people in videogames aint prepared me for this shit. I aint about dat life :(

KingGondo

Banned
I think it's just that this is the second time within a few months that we've gotten intimate details about seemingly good, normal dudes (Dorner and these kids) going nuts and then being viciously (and rightfully so) hunted down on TV.
Things like this are always sad, but it's not worth getting hung up over.

There are always going to be assholes like this who kill innocent people.

And yes, let's please move on to playoff discussion. Best-GAF should be a refuge from the rest of the world.

Top Bottom