• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

Vahagn

Ah, thanks Mamba and Vag

The Lakers are actually a 55 win team in disguise, huh. An elite contender tragically hampered by injuries.

Gooooot it.

You're just heartbroken someone suggested LA can get to FIFTY

FIFTY isn't cheating on you San Antonio, you'll always be FIFTY'S papi

Emwitus

I think i might have been the only one on this board that said LA will have a so so regular season record and better playoff records.....and i said this would happen because of injuries. Nobody believed me. SMH lol

EDIT: Obviously, none of these happened. But it was a better prediction than people who thought we'd end up the first or second seed.

I think JCrawford will be key in that series, you can defend him the right way, like the Grizz probably will, but he's still liable to light it up at key stretches of the game.

Vahagn

I think i might have been the only one on this board that said LA will have a so so regular season record and better playoff records.....and i said this would happen because of injuries. Nobody believed me. SMH lol

EDIT: Obviously, none of these happened. But it was a better prediction than people who thought we'd end up the first or second seed.

When you're going to gloat about a prediction you made. And than scoff that nobody believed you...

Don't finish with the bolded...you sound insane.

Vahagn

With the crap you post on here half the time.......this is a funny comment.

There's a difference between being insane, and having positions you may think are dumb.

What I quoted was closer to "They'll see, THEY'LL ALL SEEE MUAHAHAH" kind of insane than "omg Lakers are the greatest team of forever" insane.

Emwitus

There's a difference between being insane, and having positions you may think are dumb.

What I quoted was closer to "They'll see, THEY'LL ALL SEEE MUAHAHAH" kind of insane than "omg Lakers are the greatest team of forever" insane.

This is what I posted.

And some of the replys i got

Another one:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40983739&postcount=17172

Vahagn

This is what I posted.

And some of the replys i got

Another one:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40983739&postcount=17172

The history isn't relevant. I'm not saying you didn't make those predictions. I'm saying you gloating about them, calling people out for not believing you, and then basically saying "I mean my predictions weren't right but"

You see the problem there right?

There's like a 2 hour heat documentary about 2012 on YouTube that's pretty good

Uh, you mean the standard one SI does at the end of every championship season?

Godslay

Banned
Why you so upset with the nuggys bro :(

Get eliminated from the playoffs, so I can go to bed on time, West Coast games are a killer since I'm two time zones ahead.

Jobber is right though, GS is a weird matchup for Denver. Maybe we will win, but I think this will be a closer series than some are predicting.

Only video I am waiting for is when BitchMade is shown to be the hangeroner and overrated player that he is. Probably going to take a bit longer due to his HGH usage to keep his ass playing an extra year or two. Hopefully next time he cracks a finger nail the arena won't offer him a wheel chair.

The Suns dropped from 9th to 29th in offense without Nash this year despite signing Dragic and Scola as well (though you can probably make the argument that Scola is actually terrible and you don't need to argue that Beasley was horrible, but that's still a giant drop) and playing at the same pace.

Nash didn't work with Kobe, but saying you called Nash not being that good doesn't make much sense with that perspective.

Especially since Pau has had one good month in the season and was a trainwreck otherwise this year.

Also, I don't see how the Nash trade cost the Lakers anything. I don't think there was any significant opportunity cost that I can remember.

And claiming credit for calling Nash a turnover machine is also weird when the Suns collapsed from 10th in turnovers to 28th. The fit didn't work at all (especially without the Suns' medical staff) but he was a really great player last year.

Emwitus

The Suns dropped from 9th to 29th in offense without Nash this year despite signing Dragic and Scola as well (though you can probably make the argument that Scola is actually terrible and you don't need to argue that Beasley was horrible, but that's still a giant drop) and playing at the same pace.

Nash didn't work with Kobe, but saying you called Nash not being that good doesn't make much sense with that perspective.

Especially since Pau has had one good month in the season and was a trainwreck otherwise this year.

Also, I don't see how the Nash trade cost the Lakers anything. I don't think there was any significant opportunity cost that I can remember.

I didn't say nash wasn't good. I mentioned the personel we have wouldn't be conducive to his style of play. That prediction was correct.

We don't have good shooters on our team, our bigs aren't very mobile thus his options of cutters and shooters were greatly reduced per minute of play he was on the floor, his age and defense were a liability, we have a ball dominant player in kobe and nash is turnover prone vs athletic pgs.

Nash's offense was based on him keeping his dribble live as he went into the paint to pass out to cutters or open shooters at the perimeter. That hasn't worked so well because the paint is always clogged up with either dwight/kobe, or even sometimes dwight/pau/kobe + anyone that was guarding them...I can't even count the number of times nash has run into dwight, literally, or sometimes even smack the ball in dwight's face when he got tied up in the paint.

I'll put it this way, blake has had a bigger impact than nash. Let that sink in.

Kacar

My brother texted me and said the cavs and mike Brown have "mutual interest".

What in the flying fuck is wrong with me team, seriousuly that fucking bald bitch is the worst in game coach I have EVER seen. FUUUUUCK.

Vahagn

And claiming credit for calling Nash a turnover machine is also weird when the Suns collapsed from 10th in turnovers to 28th. The fit didn't work at all (especially without the Suns' medical staff) but he was a really great player last year.

While it's clear that the Nash trade wasn't a bad trade, Nash this year just hasn't been very good. If you've watched all of the games like most of Lakers Age have you come up with a few clear cut understandings about his game.

A) He can't get to the rim at all anymore. Not on PnR's, not breaking his own guy off the dribble, period. Can't do it.

B) When the ball is in his hands, and they run a PnR with Dwight who can't shoot, there are very few options. People haven't been leaving Kobe or our shooters open, and we're getting Nash mid range jumpers every time he touches the ball. Kobe PnR draws weakside defenders over, Nash's simply doesn't.

C) The reason why Nash was relegated to a spot up shooter was because people were doubling Kobe and allowing Nash to get open. No one was trying to trap or double Nash at all. They simply went under the screens and gave him the mid range jumper and stayed home on everyone else.

D) With a slow team that can't fast break regularly, sub 40% 3 point shooters, and two bigs, Nash is less effective with the possessions he has had then he's been in quite some time.

I really think the Heat might not make it to the Finals. Everything seems too perfect, too dominant, something has to give. Remember some of the Spurs and Mavs team over the past decade getting 60-65 wins and getting upset. Remember the 18-0 Pats going into the Superbowl vs. the lowly Giants. Miami making the Finals and winning it all just seems too obvious.

While it's clear that the Nash trade wasn't a bad trade, Nash this year just hasn't been very good. If you've watched all of the games like most of Lakers Age have you come up with a few clear cut understandings about his game.

A) He can't get to the rim at all anymore. Not on PnR's, not breaking his own guy off the dribble, period. Can't do it.

B) When the ball is in his hands, and they run a PnR with Dwight who can't shoot, there are very few options. People haven't been leaving Kobe or our shooters open, and we're getting Nash mid range jumpers every time he touches the ball. Kobe PnR draws weakside defenders over, Nash's simply doesn't.

C) The reason why Nash was relegated to a spot up shooter was because people were doubling Kobe and allowing Nash to get open. No one was trying to trap or double Nash at all. They simply went under the screens and gave him the mid range jumper and stayed home on everyone else.

D) With a slow team that can't fast break regularly, sub 40% 3 point shooters, and two bigs, Nash is less effective with the possessions he has had then he's been in quite some time.

is this gonna be on the gmat

My brother texted me and said the cavs and mike Brown have "mutual interest".

What in the flying fuck is wrong with me team, seriousuly that fucking bald bitch is the worst in game coach I have EVER seen. FUUUUUCK.

They're hiring Brown because LeBron's coming home after this contract's up and he probably wants Brown.

I really think the Heat might not make it to the Finals. Everything seems too perfect, too dominant, something has to give. Remember some of the Spurs and Mavs team over the past decade getting 60-65 wins and getting upset. Remember the 18-0 Pats going into the Superbowl vs. the lowly Giants. Miami making the Finals and winning it all just seems too obvious.
it's called a dynasty

get used to it

Top Bottom