• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

Kacar

They're hiring Brown because LeBron's coming home after this contract's up and he probably wants Brown.

Lebron wants some of that kobe like control of his team on the court. Brown has no control. Phil doesnt want the cavs?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
bestgaf poll

who would you rather be stuck in an elevator for 5 hours with:

-vag
-heavy
-psychological intellect
-carrot top

Fuuuu

Maybe Carrot Top
I might be able to get useful workout tips

I will say that I was ridiculously wrong about the Lakers this year and I was more off on them than any team probably ever.

I thought Nash, Pau, and Dwight would be healthier (and Dwight far more motivated) than they were, but they were still so much worse than I thought that I don't know if it was more than just health and Dwight's seeming lack of interest.

edit: PI is cool and gets too much hate.

I will say that I was ridiculously wrong about the Lakers this year and I was more off on them than any team probably ever.

I thought Nash, Pau, and Dwight would be healthier (and Dwight far more motivated) than they were, but they were still so much worse than I thought that I don't know if it was more than just health and Dwight's seeming lack of interest.

Does PI count as a team? You might have to apologize to The Lakers.

Fuuuu

Maybe Carrot Top
I might be able to get useful workout tips

ripped-nerds_carrot_top.jpg

lookin joocy brah

I like Psy better. PI sounds like a nickname my aunt would make with her thick ass tagalish accent

Which is more than I could say for the other 3..

PI <3

Can I have a gun with one bullet instead?

If we're answering that elevator questions seriously, I'd pick PI or Carrot Top. Probably Carrot Top tho.

PI 4 elevator MVP.
kd_mom.gif

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Come on. Kenny Smith. Open Court. I can't be the only person that watches this show. :)
He wasn't on the latest episode and his pic wasn't on the promo during commercial breaks. Curious if he is done with the show or if they just didn't have him on the promo for that one show.

During the preseason, if I had told you Earl Clark would play 24mpg in 59 games this year and Duhon would play 18mpg in 46 games, where would your expectations be?

I mean, this truly isn't rocket science.
Pau missed 33 games
Nash missed 32 games (really 34)
Hill missed 51 games
Blake missed 37 games

Throw in Dwight not being healthy for the first 50 games.

Ever hear of Occam's Razor? top heavy team had top talent hurt and sucked while they were hurt. I find it perplexing that the very obvious answer is so hard to accept. Nearly everyone on here argued during the offseason if the Lakers had injuries, they would suck. It happened and now people are finding other excuses...

giri

bestgaf poll

who would you rather be stuck in an elevator for 5 hours with:

-vag
-heavy
-psychological intellect
-carrot top

PI.

Can I have a gun with one bullet instead?

This was actually my first response...

heavy, at least I'd get a good laugh
No way, you'd end up in some creepy drawing / drawn out thread about "there's some guy i'm stuck in an elevator with, should i say hi to him?"

During the preseason, if I had told you Earl Clark would play 24mpg in 59 games this year and Duhon would play 18mpg in 46 games, where would your expectations be?

I mean, this truly isn't rocket science.
Pau missed 33 games
Nash missed 32 games (really 34)
Hill missed 51 games
Blake missed 37 games

Throw in Dwight not being healthy for the first 50 games.

Ever hear of Occam's Razor? top heavy team had top talent hurt and sucked while they were hurt. I find it perplexing that the very obvious answer is so hard to accept. Nearly everyone on here argued during the offseason if the Lakers had injuries, they would suck. It happened and now people are finding other excuses...

Even when fairly healthy, Nash and Dwight seemed to be well below the level that I thought they were at in the season before. It was probably mostly just injuries, but I have to wonder if there's a bit more...

Even when fairly healthy, Nash and Dwight seemed to be well below the level that I thought they were at in the season before. It was probably mostly just injuries, but I have to wonder if there's a bit more...

Dwight was until the last few weeks. It was his back. Come on, I was arguing with cloudy for weeks that Dwight doesn't look right. He could barely jump and admitted he couldn't feel his fingers at times which is why he got stripped and didn't catch the ball cleanly so much.

Post all-star break his numbers for rebounding jumped for a reason (until Pau ate into it on his return).

Nash is a combo of injury and age as well as having the ball less. But he didn't have a bad year. Look at his per 36 numbers from last year and this. Almost identical. Only difference is his assists and turnovers were down, a consequence of having the ball less. Advanced numbers also similar. Shot 50/40/90. He had a slightly worse year than last season.

linsivvi

Dwight wasn't 100%. He also now has a coach who doesn't ask his players to try hard on defense, and Dwight's the kind of player who needs someone else to motivate him.

Dwight was until the last few weeks. It was his back. Come on, I was arguing with cloudy for weeks that Dwight doesn't look right. He could barely jump and admitted he couldn't feel his fingers at times which is why he got stripped and didn't catch the ball cleanly so much.

Post all-star break his numbers for rebounding jumped for a reason (until Pau ate into it on his return).

Nash is a combo of injury and age as well as having the ball less. But he didn't have a bad year. Look at his per 36 numbers from last year and this. Almost identical. Only difference is his assists and turnovers were down, a consequence of having the ball less. Advanced numbers also similar. Shot 50/40/90. He had a slightly worse year than last season.

I don't think we're disagreeing nearly as much as you seem to think on this issue.

Some stuff just comes off as weird though, the Lakers this year with Nash on the court had a worse ORtg than the Suns had last year with Nash on the court and the Lakers really didn't get worse on offense when Nash wasn't playing.

That may be just lineup weirdness since there was so much lineup turnover, but I have to wonder if super ball dominant guards don't have much marginal utility when paired with another super ball dominant guard even if both are really good. I had started to think that fit didn't matter as much when great players were involved since they'll find a way to make it work, but now I'm wondering about that a bit...But still not disagreeing with your main points much at all.

I don't think we're disagreeing nearly as much as you seem to think on this issue.

Some stuff just comes off as weird though, the Lakers this year with Nash on the court had a worse ORtg than the Suns had last year with Nash on the court and the Lakers really didn't get worse on offense when Nash wasn't playing.

That may be just lineup weirdness since there was so much lineup turnover, but I have to wonder if super ball dominant guards don't have much marginal utility when paired with another super ball dominant guard even if both are really good. I had started to think that fit didn't matter as much when great players were involved since they'll find a way to make it work, but now I'm wondering about that a bit...But still not disagreeing with your main points much at all.

I think the lineup issues were the main problem. But I do think there's something to diminishing returns you're implying.

Linsivvi and I have been arguing all season that Nash and Kobe should be split up more, but Nash rarely got to run the 2nd unit because MDA is an idiot.

Nash barely played without Kobe but Kobe played a bunch without Nash so Nash's off numbers will look worse.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/nashst01/lineups/2013/ Not ORating, but I think this tells the tale. Those multiple random lineups not listed is where Steve got creamed, I'd imagine.

SUPREME1

Banned
So uh, it looks like the bombers have been caught or some shit. Check the the threads in off-topic.

Explosive involved as well as a shooting. Audio stream from local news via link.

Carry on.

So uh, it looks like the bombers have been caught or some shit. Check the the threads in off-topic.

Explosive involved as well as a shooting. Audio stream from local news via link.

Carry on.

one of the bombers.
the other still on the loose.
edit: now two.

they're not saying these men are the actual boston marathon bombers.

ediit #2: fucking CNN, lol. now they're correcting their own "sources" to 1 suspect in custody, not 2.

Vahagn

one of the bombers.
the other still on the loose.
edit: now two.

they're not saying these men are the actual boston marathon bombers.

ediit #2: fucking CNN, lol. now they're correcting their own "sources" to 1 suspect in custody, not 2.

Ya'll are watching the wrong bombing mystery

Fuck CNN

Go to Netflix - Show "24" - Start episode 1 of Season 2

Doomsayer

OKC over Houston in 5.
LA over SA in 6.
Denver over GS in 7.
Memphis over LAC in 7.

Miami over Milwaukee in 4.
NYK over Boston in 5.
Indiana over Atlanta in 5.
Brooklyn over Chicago in 6.

Western Conference match ups look so good on paper, hope the actual games back them up.

By the way, I was at Coachella and had no idea Kobe got hurt. I got home Monday and seen he had surgery, feelsterribleman.

Top Bottom