• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Just got home, great night.

Thompson had his coming out party nationally. Kid is awesome.

Something that happened at halftime, my friend's little sister gave him a gift, a Klay Thompson shirt. Pretty awesome night to do it, hahaha

considering that godmorris produced about as well offensively as nash and kobe did (44 points in game 3) and play the same amount of defense nash and kobe did (zero) it's a total wash

well...its hard to be mad. It feels like we're lost to a better team.

-I don't know how we're going to make it out of this series; we have mismatches everywhere. Tony Parker can't guard anyone. And even the one positive sign of this game (Danny Green on Curry) doesnt mean much because that leaves Parker on Klay and thats been absolute murder.

-Bonner's start was curious...there is probably something about Diaw's health we don't know about. I doubt the minutes in game 1 sat well with his body...it was his first game after back surgery.

-Our offense is predictably stagnating. I've said it all year but we're not the offensive team we were last year. Joey Crawford killed Beautiful Basketball (tm) a long time ago. 4 assists in the 1st half was beyond pathetic tho...

-That said, we missed so many open shots. 5-21 from 3? Really?! And they were all open! Perplexing.

-Kawhi was great. I love him.

-That will likely be Curry's worst game of the series and we just wasted it. smh

Meh. I'm hoping but I'm not that optimistic tbh. This warriors team is really good. And they're even scarier in Oracle.

Darkman M

considering that godmorris produced about as well offensively as nash and kobe did (44 points in game 3) and play the same amount of defense nash and kobe did (zero) it's a total wash

44 points between to role players means jack shit if that's the teams main offensive production.

Branduil

I'm almost certain no one expected Kobe to miss the series, and both Nash/Blake to not play as well.

He said it after Kobe was out for the year. He claimed it was a guaranteed series win if Kobe played.

I think the Lakers can win the series IF:

A. nash is healthy
B. Parker and Ginobili aren't

Which are two things that are possible at this point given B is happening.

TBH, If Kobe was there, I think they'd win for sure, regardless. I always thought Lakers matched up great.

But nash-Pau-Dwight Lakers should beat a Spurs team with a hobbled parker and manu with or without Kobe, so it shouldn't say much to Kobe-stans.

If it was OKC or something, then sure

Mxrz

Eh. The Spurs' time is over. OKC is borked without Westbrook.

Grizz - GSW Western Finals is going to happen. Sounds a hell of a lot more exciting than any of the other matchups too.

Eh. The Spurs' time is over. OKC is borked without Westbrook.

Grizz - GSW Western Finals is going to happen. Sounds a hell of a lot more exciting than any of the other matchups too.

That would be neat, but I'm not counting chickens before they hatch. The Warriors are too volatile right now to try to predict more than one game at a time. Hell, it may even be one quarter at a time.

shut up Laker fans no one gives a shit about your garbage team lol

Manu's decision-making down the stretch was beyond awful. If he doesn't play better we're done.

There were some really painful sequences though; notably the end of the 3rd. Neal, Manu, and Green miss back-to-back-to-back 3s on the same possession (our off rebounding was great) and then Klay hits a 3 at the buzzer on the other end. Backbreaker.

Manu's decision-making down the stretch was beyond awful. If he doesn't play better we're done.

There were some really painful sequences though; notably the end of the 3rd. Neal, Manu, and Green miss back-to-back-to-back 3s on the same possession (our off rebounding was great) and then Klay hits a 3 at the buzzer on the other end. Backbreaker.

The back breaker was bonner leaving green open for 3 inexplicably pushing the lead back up to 9 with like 6 min left. Pop brainfarted and played bonner for 90 seconds in the 4 thfor no reason and it cost them them comeback. Spurs get a stop there and score and they win IMO

Emwitus

It's funny you don't realize an era is ending for the spurs. Started with dallas, LA, celtics and now spurs. We all gonna be loser bros for a long time.

The back breaker was bonner leaving green open for 3 inexplicably pushing the lead back up to 9 with like 6 min left. Pop brainfarted and played bonner for 90 seconds in the 4 thfor no reason and it cost them them comeback. Spurs get a stop there and score and they win IMO

Bonner and Neal playing those 4th quarter minutes was really painful.

Luckily Tiago actually looked pretty healthy so we might see the Duncan/splitter combo that made us so good. It will only work if Tiago's ankle is good enough to keep up with Barnes tho...

JohnsonUT

Bonner and Neal playing those 4th quarter minutes was really painful.

Luckily Tiago actually looked pretty healthy so we might see the Duncan/splitter combo that made us so good. It will only work if Tiago's ankle is good enough to keep up with Barnes tho...

I am fine with letting Barnes take advantage of a mismatch if Spurs get the mismatch on the other end. It greatly reduces any chances of Klay or Curry going off.

I am fine with letting Barnes take advantage of a mismatch if Spurs get the mismatch on the other end. It greatly reduces any chances of Klay or Curry going off.

Me too. Me too.

Tim and Tiago is one of the best big men combos in the league. Its a matter of health, but we're not going anywhere until we go back to what made us good.

On that same token, Tony has to nut the fuck up cause right now he's getting shut down by Klay Thompson and murdered on the other end. I've never seen a series where he has been so clearly exploited. I'd say I believe in him (and I do; I always believe in Tony Parker), but we went through that entire OKC series last year hoping he'd turn it around and he never did. Once Thabo switched on him it was over.

And you know what? If thats the case then our new-age offense is good for nothing so lets at least go through Timmy more. He should feast on this team but we go long stretches ignoring him...

Ugh

Its a puzzle

idk if we're gonna figure it out. The warriors are really, really good man.

Branduil

As if missing the starting hof backcourt and both their backups to them has no effect?

How many games would that team win? 15? Maybe?

iPBa5AebmzAvF.gif

giri

Me too. Me too.

Tim and Tiago is one of the best big men combos in the league. Its a matter of health, but we're not going anywhere until we go back to what made us good.

On that same token, Tony has to nut the fuck up cause right now he's getting shut down by Klay Thompson and murdered on the other end. I've never seen a series where he has been so clearly exploited. I'd say I believe in him (and I do; I always believe in Tony Parker), but we went through that entire OKC series last year hoping he'd turn it around and he never did. Once Thabo switched on him it was over.

And you know what? If thats the case then our new-age offense is good for nothing so lets at least go through Timmy more. He should feast on this team but we go long stretches ignoring him...

Ugh

Its a puzzle

idk if we're gonna figure it out. The warriors are really, really good man.

You have it won if manu could hit a 3pt'er and if TP was healthy. Something is off with TP, he's been playing bad to end the season and all through the play offs he hasn't been what he should be. Thats what's costing you.

You have it won if manu could hit a 3pt'er and if TP was healthy. Something is off with TP, he's been playing bad to end the season and all through the play offs he hasn't been what he should be. Thats what's costing you.

Maybe dude. Its always so hard to tell with this team. They never tell us anything. It might just be that Tony and Manu are still hurt, Diaw and Tiago are recovering, and Duncan is still sick. In which case of course we're not that good.

idk. But deep down I'm thinking its just cause we're facing a superior team.

It might be farfetched now to think that the young guns are going to beat the proven spurs but it won't be in a few years when this warrior team is dominating the west. Cause they're going to be good. For a long time. A long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom