• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I lol'd

And Iron Man 3 is meh. It appropriately got like an 83% on rotten tomatoes, that's what it deserves. Iron Man 1, Avengers, and all 3 Dark Knight movies are clearly better.

Iron Man 2 and Thor are also debateably better.

Iron Man 2 had Mickey Rourke (awesome), Scarlett Johansonn as a sexy martial arts chick (awesome), Nick Fury (Awesome), him discovering a new element (awesome), War Machine (awesome). Iron Man 3 had a base level of good just because it's Iron Man and they've figured out how to get a good movie in their sleep but nothing in the movie pushed it above the base level of good.

The discovering of the new element was the worse thing marvel movie related since emo spiderman.... Iron man 3 is my number 2 marvel movie behind Avengers. Nostalgia is stupid embrace character drive tony stark movie with exploding suits like everyone else.

Also the nets proved they were who we ones they were..... Bulls will make Miami work for it which is an honorable endeavor in and of itself. While Pacers will fuckball themselves to the point of playing shame ball and embarrass themselves.

Except the same thing happened with Jordan & he scored 60 in a playoff game with fresh legs & took it to the Celtics to the very end.

Michael Jordan came back a month before the season started, not mid-playoffs.

Want to know Michael's first 5 games stats when he came back? 14-2-2 on 35% shooting. 5 losses.

Chicago had time to work him back in prior to the playoffs.

Also, Iron Man 2 was terrible (haven't seen IM3, liked IM1 and Avengers)

Iron Man 1 was good. Iron Man 2 felt like Avengers: Prologue to me. Thor was decent (Loki saved the movie). Cap was good up until the action montage. Didn't see The Incredible Hulk....

Vahagn

The discovering of the new element was the worse thing marvel movie related since emo spiderman.... Iron man 3 is my number 2 marvel movie behind Avengers. Nostalgia is stupid embrace character drive tony stark movie with exploding suits like everyone else.

Also the nets proved they were who we ones they were..... Bulls will make Miami work for it which is an honorable endeavor in and of itself. While Pacers will fuckball themselves to the point of playing shame ball and embarrass themselves.

IM3 had so many bad parts to it. He used a "prototype" of a suit that wasn't combat ready all movie. The way the whole Mandarin thing played out was just sad. The best interactions by far were him and that kid. And discovering a new element is way better than having the guy who built an iron man suit in a cave resort to going to battle with Christmas ornaments and oven gloves. It's IM 1-2-3 in that order and 2 wasn't even very good.

I mean, c'mon - He got into fist fights with the bad guy instead of flying, locking on target, and shooting a million and one missiles at him which woulda ended things right there. Instead he gets into a fist fight with the dude because his suit can't shoot missiles. Then when he gets the suits that can shoot missiles, he continues to fist fight some more because suspension of disbelief. Also, for good measure, in the fist fight - he gets his arm cut off in one scene and half a second later, his suit, and his arm - are working fine.

Westlo

I haven't watched consistently since the reffing started ruining the pace of the league and made it unwatchable for me, but having seen two Bulls-Heat games and game seven of the CHI/BRK series, I'm going to use my infinite wisdom to say Bulls in 7.

yes this bulls team is going to do better than a superior Miami team to the one that won 4 straight games in the ECF with the return of Udonis the don after the game 1 loss.

FOH.

jjasper

Great win for the Bulls last night. I love watching that team play. Man if I was a GM this summer I would find room for one of those Bulls players that are FA this year. Everyone on that team has that fire to win and energy you just can't teach/coach.

Edit: Also why the fuck are we playing today at 1 when both teams played Friday yet the Spurs/Warriors get another day off? I guess ratings reasons?

Zeus Molecules

IM3 had so many bad parts to it. He used a "prototype" of a suit that wasn't combat ready all movie. The way the whole Mandarin thing played out was just sad. The best interactions by far were him and that kid. And discovering a new element is way better than having the guy who built an iron man suit in a cave resort to going to battle with Christmas ornaments and oven gloves. It's IM 1-2-3 in that order and 2 wasn't even very good.

I mean, c'mon - He got into fist fights with the bad guy instead of flying, locking on target, and shooting a million and one missiles at him which woulda ended things right there. Instead he gets into a fist fight with the dude because his suit can't shoot missiles. Then when he gets the suits that can shoot missiles, he continues to fist fight some more because suspension of disbelief. Also, for good measure, in the fist fight - he gets his arm cut off in one scene and half a second later, his suit, and his arm - are working fine.

Your right there was a lot of ex machina but it they at least gave a reason to why there things happened. Also IM3 to me was a character piece that gave Tony a lot more depth. Yeah he could of flown away and shot missiles but they were on an oil tanker and he wanted to beat the dragon dudes face in. Still better to IM2 to me by a mile.also the arm wasn't his arm it was just the suit.

Anyhow I say bulls win 2 games. The heat have been partying and just relaxing and the bulls have just been grinding and scrapping for wins.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I heard the major announcement today is the Heat are moving to Seattle

Zeus Molecules

I heard the major announcement today is the Heat are moving to Seattle

I heard it was that Miami was going to put up banners in honor of the Seattle Supersonics championships..... True story lebron is even going to release a limited edition sonics colored sneaker.....

Only possible way I see the Thunder beating memphis is if Brooks implements a semblance of an offense and KD has a 2009 LeBron playoff offensive output.

Probably won't happen and the Grizzlies will win in 5 or 6.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm starting to have the opinion that Derrick Rose is a vagina. Bulls should trade him while he still has 'some' value.

DietRob

Come on bruh.

Seriously, they could get a some good trade value out of him in the off season. Even if the team isn't saying it they think he's a vagina also.

A vagina that is repeatedly pounded with injuries.

Edit: More thoughts from Rob.

The NBA playoffs are a exercise in excess. It's the worst way to find a champion of any Major League sports.

No way should the NBA playoffs take over 2 months to complete. Teams with sub 500 seasons shouldn't be allowed in. Top 16 teams from the whole fucking league. Needs a format similar to NCCA tourney. Round 1 games are 1 fucking game. Subsequent rounds are best of 3 or 5 games. No more watching the same teams play over and over again. Especially 1 seeds vs 8 seeds.

Alright I'm done go about your day NBA GAF.

Iron Man 3 was good as a self contained flick, but the relatively thin references to Avengers was kind of odd (huge threat to America with seemingly zero interest from Captain America) and unexplained.

DietRob

Iron Man 3 was good as a self contained flick, but the relatively thin references to Avengers was kind of odd (huge threat to America with seemingly zero interest from Captain America) and unexplained.

Sorta like Derrick Rose's interest in playing basketball vs the Heat. I was going to say accidental post but it all makes sense now.

Zeus Molecules

Knicks in 6 - Fuckball devolves into shameball but the pacers have no answer for Melo, the 3 ball and knicks having home advantage

Heat in 6 - Heat come in cocky but the bulls make it physical and win a few based on working the heat over in the paint

Grizzlies in 7 - The grizzlies make it physical and without westbrook and bad coaching. The thunder lose

Spurs in 6 - This is the coaching battle of the year. Mark Jackson the young buck vs Pop the Vet. Spurs win based on veteran savvy alone. After its over though Curry becomes a legit star in the Media.

Conclusions - Stern needs playoff money so I see this round going longer for everyone as a way to build to the conference finals. The ECF and WCF will be more interesting match up than anything possible in the finals.

mhi

Knicks in 6 - Fuckball devolves into shameball but the pacers have no answer for Melo, the 3 ball and knicks having home advantage

Heat in 6 - Heat come in cocky but the bulls make it physical and win a few based on working the heat over in the paint

Grizzlies in 7 - The grizzlies make it physical and without westbrook and bad coaching. The thunder lose

Spurs in 6 - This is the coaching battle of the year. Mark Jackson the young buck vs Pop the Vet. Spurs win based on veteran savvy alone. After its over though Curry becomes a legit star in the Media.

Conclusions - Stern needs playoff money so I see this round going longer for everyone as a way to build to the conference finals. The ECF and WCF will be more interesting match up than anything possible in the finals.

Per ESPN:

The Knicks were among the league leaders in 3-point attempts and 3-point percentage, while the Pacers' "Mathketball" defense ranked among the stingiest in 3-point attempts and 3-point percentage allowed. In head-to-head matchups, the majority of New York's successful 3-pointers came out of transition and off offensive rebounds. However, the Knicks were mostly unable to get clean looks out of half-court offense.

Anthony does have an advantage on the block.

Anthony will get his points, but if George can limit his percentage without help, it will go a long way toward helping Indiana shut down New York's 3-point game. Anthony averaged 31 points per 40 minutes with George on the floor this season, but shot just 39 percent. Last season, those numbers were 29.4 and 50 percent, respectively.

Zeus Molecules

Per ESPN:

you have a point about the 3 ball. I didn't know the pacers defended it so well, but Melo went out of his way to shit on George offensively in the last knicks/pacer game. He's too big for George to stop him from getting his that was the 50% game. Its why they tried west on Melo and then Melo just started shooting over him from the perimeter or ran by him. Also Melo usually plays the 4 defensively and does a decent job. While JR, Shump, or Kidd gets George defensively.

Pimpwerx

I expect 2 ugly displays of basketball today. I hope I'm wrong. I'm looking forward to the Pacers-Knicks game more than the Thunder-Grizz. One more day before the beautiful game returns. PEACE.

mhi

you have a point about the 3 ball. I didn't know the pacers defended it so well, but Melo went out of his way to shit on George offensively in the last knicks/pacer game. He's too big for George to stop him from getting his that was the 50% game. Its why they tried west on Melo and then Melo just started shooting over him from the perimeter or ran by him. Also Melo usually plays the 4 defensively and does a decent job. While JR, Shump, or Kidd gets George defensively.

Bolded is true. Shumpert gets George on the other end.

But this is gonna leave Melo to check West which might test his hurt shoulder (and legendary conditioning). On the other end, the Pacers are prob gonna throw different looks at Melo (doubles, Lance, etc) including what the Heat did last yr in fronting him when the Knicks tried to throw it to him in the post.

thekad

Banned
I feel like people are underestimating the Thunder. Grizzlies are going to fuck up their iso ball but Perkins can play in this series without being useless and Ibaka won't be stuck on the perimeter. If Fisher and Jackson can keep shooting like they have, I think the Thunder are still favorites with home court.

Zeus Molecules

Bolded is true. Shumpert gets George on the other end.

But this is gonna leave Melo to check West which might test his hurt shoulder (and legendary conditioning). On the other end, the Pacers are prob gonna throw different looks at Melo (doubles, Lance, etc) including what the Heat did last yr in fronting him when the Knicks tried to throw it to him in the post.

This might happen (and like I said I see the knicks losing 2) but what Miami did last year wasn't against a team with all those 3 point shooter. The pacers defend the 3 well so to me that says they don't double often and if they do they rotate quickly. Knicks can burn them if if they go to far from that. As for the paint..... its going to be horrible and glorious at the same time.

There will be Techs.

Branduil

I feel like people are underestimating the Thunder. Grizzlies are going to fuck up their iso ball but Perkins can play in this series without being useless and Ibaka won't be stuck on the perimeter. If Fisher and Jackson can keep shooting like they have, I think the Thunder are still favorites with home court.

Grizzlies in 6 at most. With Westbrook out Tony Allen can focus full-time on Durant.

Pimpwerx

Over/under on the number of flagrants Tyler Hansbrough either gives or receives this series? I want to say 2. PEACE.

KingKong

Man I hope someone on the Knicks tries to fuck with David West.

West? You mean Psycho-T?

Hansbrough-Flagrant-On-Wade.jpg

Zeus Molecules

yeah somebody's getting ejected before this is through....

Pacers style of agression might not hurt the knicks as much as the Celtics style of agression. The celtics play mental games as well as pull dirty moves to get under peoples skin. The pacers are just physical.

masud

Banned
The Pacers turn the ball over too much. You can’t give a team like the Knicks free points. And West isn’t nearly as mobile as Bass, Melo’s either gonna eat him up or the Knicks are gonna get a ton of open threes. The zombie Celtics offence scared me more than that shit the Pacers play.

Knicks in 7 the home team might win every game.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Pacers sweep
Grizz sweep
Spurs sweep
Bulls in 7

brooms for everyone relevant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom