• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vivek Ranadive's ownership group has agreed to accept fewer revenue-sharing dollars while the Sacramento Kings continue to play at Sleep Train Arena and will accept no money once they move into a new downtown arena.
The concessions were made shortly before the NBA's relocation committee voted last Monday.

Welp, that explains a lot

"You keep your team if you don't accept any revenue"

corrupt ass shit

But yeah, LeBron was the best player in the league hands down, but I don't think his play was so dominantly better than Durant that it should have been unanimous.

Player A:
28.1 PPG on 51.0% shooting (41.6% from 3PT), 4.3 APG, 7.9 RPG, 1.3 blocks, 1.4 steals, 3.5 turnovers...28.35 PER

Player B:
26.8 PPG on 56.5% shooting (40.6% from 3PT), 7.3 APG, 8.0 RPG, 0.9 Blocks, 1.7 Steals, 3.0 turnovers...31.67 PER

They are a LOT closer than people think. I think the real difference is that LeBron (player B, by the way) is a more complete player on the defensive end. He's got the benefit of a better team, but I wouldn't penalize him for that.

He's also miles ahead of Durant on annual HGH consumption.

PBY

Banned
Player A:
28.1 PPG on 51.0% shooting (41.6% from 3PT), 4.3 APG, 7.9 RPG, 1.3 blocks, 1.4 steals, 3.5 turnovers...28.35 PER

Player B:
26.8 PPG on 56.5% shooting (40.6% from 3PT), 7.3 APG, 8.0 RPG, 0.9 Blocks, 1.7 Steals, 3.0 turnovers...31.67 PER

They are a LOT closer than people think. I think the real difference is that LeBron (player B, by the way) is a more complete player on the defensive end. He's got the benefit of a better team, but I wouldn't penalize him for that.

I agree. I think his assists are a huge factor given the way Lebron can run the offense and facilitate in at a level KD can't. But the biggest factor in the difference between the two is perception- there was a narrative shift following last years finals.

That assist number is pretty tops, too.

Usually your above-average point guard averages that...but that comes from your top-gun forward.

Now if Durant became an excellent distributor/playmaker too on par with LBJ...then theoretically, that might be a better player.

Player A:

Player B:

Durant's numbers were worthy of MVP consideration in most seasons but Lebron was clearly the MVP this year. Any vote against that is pure stupidity.

This talk of Lebron slowing down or not being as effective is completely and utterly ridiculous. Nothing supports that kind of talk. It sounds like wishful thinking to me.

Vahagn

Lebron is and has been the most effective stat sheet stuffer of his generation. If that's all you care about, he should be MVP every season.

hwalker84

Grind, grind, grind! Gotta have some faith regardless of the results :p

Faith and praying for miracles are two separate things. We're so beat up we have no chance. Unless Lebron tear's an ACL and Rose decides to stop wearing suits to games and puts a jersey on we have no more than 2 games in us.

cdyhybrid

The Kings opted out of revenue sharing? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hope the rest of the small-market teams weren't planning on keeping that revenue stream if the team ever changes hands and they want the team to stay put.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I'm prepared to watch my Bulls get the snot kicked out of them. Feels bad man. :(

Doesn't feel bad man. This season has been all about moral victories knowing we can't really compete. Stopping the Heat's streak earlier this season and roughing them up, possibly pushing the series to 6, would make me pretty happy with this overall season.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I really just wish KD would try to step it up on the defensive end at least.

alba

Little is the new Big
Faith and praying for miracles are two separate things. We're so beat up we have no chance. Unless Lebron tear's an ACL and Rose decides to stop wearing suits to games and puts a jersey on we have no more than 2 games in us.

Whatever happens I'll be happy for sure but I'll be damned if I don't go in guns blazing and hoping for the very best for them :p

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Whatever happens I'll be happy for sure but I'll be damned if I don't go in guns blazing and hoping for the very best for them :p

I'm willing to give Nate Robinson the full green light for one whole game just to see what happens.

Vahagn

He's also saying that Dirk is not durable in the other thread. So it's upside down crazy opinion day for him.

No Mr. Lacks Reading Comprehension; I said Dirk is beginning to age and his body is beginning to be less durable. He's had 2 seasons in a row where he's been at or near 100% for only about 20 or so games.

It would be the same thing as saying Nash's body is beginning to show it's age.

DY_nasty

No Mr. Lacks Reading Comprehension; I said Dirk is beginning to age and his body is beginning to be less durable. He's had 2 seasons in a row where he's been at or near 100% for only about 20 or so games.

But Kobe

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm willing to give Nate Robinson the full green light for one whole game just to see what happens.
If that's the case, then Bulls lose by 10 in a heart breaker, as the game collapses in the fourth.

Boozer scores 8 points on 4 of 7 shooting, with 6 rebounds. Most of Boozer's shots came on last second fade aways, due to Nate dribbling out 20 seconds off the clock.

A 20 year old coming off of major knee surgery would have missed significant time too. Look at much time Rose has missed or example. Dirk's durability is more in line with someone like KG than Amare and that is a fact. Also, coming into the season out of shape has zero to do with durability. He admitted he was lazy and apologized for his lack of training. But he was the Finals MVP so he probably deserved it.

Vahagn

A 20 year old coming off of major knee surgery would have missed significant time too. Look at much time Rose has missed or example. Dirk's durability is more in line with someone like KG than Amare and that is a fact. Also, coming into the season out of shape has zero to do with durability. He admitted he was lazy and apologized for his lack of training. But he was the Finals MVP so he probably deserved it.

arthroscopic knee surgery isn't the same as a torn ACL. Kobe's had that procedure in the off-season like 4 times in his career and came back ready to start the season each time. Dirk's slow healing process on a relatively minor knee surgery is indicative of his age.

We'll see how healthy he is this year, or whether or not he misses another 20+ games due to health reasons again.

New GS Warriors Arena Project, here are some renders

sfarena.jpg

sfarena3.jpg

sfarena2.jpg

sfarena4.jpg

More: http://www.nba.com/warriors/sf?venue

arthroscopic knee surgery isn't the same as a torn ACL. Kobe's had that procedure in the off-season like 4 times in his career and came back ready to start the season each time. Dirk's slow healing process on a relatively minor knee surgery is indicative of his age.

We'll see how healthy he is this year, or whether or not he misses another 20+ games due to health reasons again.

I'm more confident in Dirk coming back than Kobe.

AirBrian

Because having surgery in the off-season is the same thing as having it in late-October less than 2 weeks before the season starts. This was the first time Dirk's missed 20+ games in a season because of injury. And once he came back and got back into basketball shape, he was MVP-Dirk more of the time than Aging-Dirk.

Vahagn

Its like I'm from the future

Kobe had the same surgery. It was an obvious comparison to draw.

Stats actually underrate LeBron because few stats capture his defensive effectiveness and because PER underrates efficiency ;)

Like I said, if you feel this way, he should win 10 straight MVP's

I'm more confident in Dirk coming back than Kobe.

Yea because Dirk isn't facing a major injury like an Achilles Tear. The point is irrelevant because BOTH players are aging, and both players are going to have injury issues weighing down their production in the years to come. It's just how basketball works.

DY_nasty

All this jinxing is only making it harder for you, Nori Chan
Kobe had the same surgery. It was an obvious comparison to draw.

For you.

But by all means, compare hyperathletic SGs that go well beyond the definition of durable to a seven footer who's never had to develop his own personalized rehab plan due to having his own dedicated wing in the hospital who got a surgery two months before the start of the season.

Who can tell if Dirk is healthy or not he has been running up and down the court like an elderly man with rocks in his shoes for a few seasons now.

giri

All this jinxing is only making it harder for you, Nori Chan

For you.

But by all means, compare hyperathletic SGs that go well beyond the definition of durable to a seven footer who's never had to develop his own personalized rehab plan due to having his own dedicated wing in the hospital who got a surgery two months before the start of the season.

BAM, you responded seriously to his post.

You just got VAGD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom