• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Ghost23

You have no idea what hate is

Well obviously not "hate", but it gets the point across. First it was Knicks in 5, then Heat in 5, and probably Spurs in 4 if the Pacers advance. The Pacers are obviously no good, everyone just magically plays bad when the Pacers are on the court.

EDIT: Excluding tonight's game, where both teams look ugly.

Flash

Wtf is up with Bosh...while he's never been strong he's always had a good interior game because of his quickness and length.

Last years he was key during the championship run but this year he's basically Bargnani, lol.

Miami sweeps. Lebron will just pull then out of the paint to around and dunk.

One will defend battier if lebron is the pf. Sure they can defend him in the post but bron won't go there if Duncan is on him.

And what happens when Lebron has to defend Splitter or Duncan on the other end?

I didn't mean that Duncan or Tiago would defend Lebron outside of the post. If Lebron gets into the post, the Spurs will do whatever possible to match up the right person to guard him down there. I don't expect Pop to be dumb enough to have Duncan or Tiago chase Lebron around the perimeter. That's what Khawni is for.

I'm sure there will be mismatches throughout this hypothetical series where this happens both ways though. Heat still have to get past the Pacers first though.

Ripclawe

Banned
Sit Wade's ass down. Heat should be down by Ten.

Code:
Team Stats	IND	 	                   MIA
FG Made-Attempted	19-37 (.514)	 	17-40 (.425)
3P Made-Attempted	3-6 (.500)	 	3-9 (.333)
FT Made-Attempted	3-4 (.750)	 	3-4 (.750)
Rebounds (Off-Total)	3-18	 	          4-15
Assists	                    7	 	          6
Steals	                    3	 	          5
Blocks	                   3	 	            3
Turnovers                 	8	 	           6
Fast Break Points	2	 	5
Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)	7	 	3
Largest Lead	               7	 	2

I didn't mean that Duncan or Tiago would defend Lebron outside of the post. If Lebron gets into the post, the Spurs will do whatever possible to match up the right person to guard him down there. I don't expect Pop to be dumb enough to have Duncan or Tiago chase Lebron around the perimeter. That's what Khawni is for.

Are you saying that if bron goes to the post Duncan will switch? But the Lebron will just pull it back and iso.

You can't pick who defends who that way. Leonard will have to defend him in the post. A big can come help.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Can we please discuss the fact that Konex said that Tony Parker would have to play defense against Chalmers/Wade? We should all be collectively pointing and laughing, right? Let's please all point and laugh.

Cloudy

Banned
Wtf is up with Bosh...while he's never been strong he's always had a good interior game because of his quickness and length.

Last years he was key during the championship run but this year he's basically Bargnani, lol.

He is not featured. Pretty much the same thing that happens with Gasol at times. Miami should be giving him the ball to drive instead of all these jumpers

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Man this series has turned shitty. Just plain frustrating and shitty.

Are you kidding this game and series has been great.

Miami simply can't deal with the size of the Pacers. They're literally getting bullied.

And Birdman should definitely be suspended for game 6.

linsivvi

Except it's not a win if he happens to make a majority of them...

Bosh is not a good 3 point shooter, at all. Any 3 he makes gives the Heat the illusion that it is ok for him to continue to play that far out. He's not going to make a majority of them.

Ripclawe

Banned
Lack of any size is killing the Heat now, if they can't handle the pacers, sure as hell can't handle the spurs. The Heat just look like shit

Srsly

Banned
We fundamentally disagree what the role of a PF/C are. Bosh can shoot threes all day. The Pacers don't care at all.

The assertion was that it is a win for the Pacers if he attempts threes (even if he makes them). If Bosh went 3/3 from beyond the arc, it would not be a win for the Pacers. Maybe the Pacers have a better chance of winning with Bosh taking more threes, but is a three less efficient than Bosh's typical 17 foot jumper? Is Bosh somehow going to rebound less than he already is by taking threes instead of his usual long 2s (it's debateable whether going after offensive rebounds is even a good strategy)? Would bosh taking (and making) 3s not improve floor spacing for the Heat?

If Bosh takes 3s and happens to make a high percentage of them, it's categorically not good for the Pacers.

Boozer would have been a better fit in Miami and Bosh would have been a better fit in Chicago. Neither of them rebound, but their styles are better suited for opposite teams.

Fjordson

Why the fuck are people talking about Miami San Antonio

Do you guys see what is happening right now
Not over yet.

Seems so good for Indy right now, but you guys are only down 4. I hate to say it, but I don't have too much faith in Indy yet to hold on tonight.

Cloudy

Banned
Lack of any size is killing the Heat now, if they can't handle the pacers, sure as hell can't handle the spurs. The Heat just look like shit

Eh, Pacers have 2 physical scoring bigs and big guards. Spurs have one scoring big and he's not very efficient. Add in all the little guys they play and Miami will have a much easier time with them

SamuraiX-

zrr7qQB.png

Who the fuck?!

Or maybe they are. Wade looks so bad I think it's possible whereas prior I did not.

I don't think our bigs could bully the Heat as well as Indy's currently are, but we definitely have a deeper rotation and any line up we would field would have infinitely better spacing since we have 6-7 rotation players that can hit open 3's (when Manu is hitting)

I know they're only down 4 but when you look at process vs. result, Indiana has thoroughly bitchslapped Miami around in the process.

The only real fact is that Miami HAS to play better. So far I have been shown zero signs they will. I've been waiting on a FU game from LeBron...instead, he seems rather insistent on getting everyone else going. That's fine, but if this continues I hope he assesses the situation right and doesn't let anyone else touch the ball unless they are wide open.

I don't think our bigs could bully the Heat as well as Indy's currently are, but we definitely have a deeper rotation and any line up we would field would have infinitely better spacing since we have 6-7 rotation players that can hit open 3's (when Manu is hitting)

Not just that, San Antonio's passing is infinitely better than Indy's

Top Bottom