• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

You and I don't always see eye to eye but

I won't kick you off the bandwagon like I would for your other brethren

<3

I've been posting actively here for 6 years

And I've never been less interested in this thread as I am right now

With the Spurs in the fucking Finals of all things

#VagAndMambaKilledBestGAF

What have they done to kill the thread?

Trust the experts!

xexdB.png

You know this doesn't look good on you.

Have you guys read Reilly's piece on Kawhi and his dad's murder? That sound sounds crazy

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9341509/kawhi-leonard

"He taught me how to work hard," Kawhi says.

Yet hard work helped kill Mark Leonard. He was trying to close up the car wash that night to get to his son's Riverside King High School game when one last car apparently drove up, asking him to take one final wash. He agreed. "I think they wanted to rob him," Kim says. "Some kind of gang thing. Mark was shot."

"My auntie lives five minutes from there," says Kawhi's best friend, Jeremy Castleberry. "When stuff happens in that type of neighborhood, people won't phone in. People don't talk. They're just like, 'Dang, gun shots again.' I lost my cousin the same way. … Nobody ever found out who did it."

The next night, Leonard scored 17 points and then collapsed into his mother's arms in tears. Since then, though, he has kept his eyes forward, churning up that hill.

"That night, at that game, is about the last time we really talked about it," says Castleberry.

"For a long time, Kawhi really wanted to know who did it," Kim says, "but after awhile he just had to let it go."

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
At least Frankman has now something to hang over Yankees fans' heads.

effzee

Also wanted to add that it wasn't just energy from Wade and Bosh but even Chalmers did what he could. He missed some threes but he picked his spots, caught the D napping, and took it in for his own layups a couple of times.

Against any D and esp quality defenses like Pacers and now the Spurs, everyone has to be considered a threat for the team to succeed. Before game 7 it was just the threat of Lebron, maybe Wade, and three point sharp shooters. But if Bosh is aggressive, Wade plays like he did, and guys like Chalmers, Miller, and Ray Allen are intent on scoring as well, the Spurs might have trouble.

Still think Spurs in 6.

Vire

Got tickets to game 1, pray for me.

How much are the tickets are the tickets these days for Game 1 of the Finals?

I'm thinking about getting some for Game 2... but I just paid off some tuition loans and The Last of Us Post Pandemic Edition.

Tempting though.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
How much are the tickets are the tickets these days for Game 1 of the Finals?

I'm thinking about getting some for Game 2... but I just paid off some tuition loans and The Last of Us Post Pandemic Edition.

Tempting though.

You don't want to know. Three tickets for me and my parents...

Top Bottom