• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Best perimeter defense in the league by a long shot let Nate Robinson look like a real guard.

capturejk.jpg

lol does Jon Barry ever pick the Spurs?

wtf Abbott

<3 Stein <3 Legs

We need to compare this chart to the Mavs/Heat finals chart.

lol damn

are you that confident in them winning?

anybody else heard lebatard's rant?

Not really, I'm just tired of betting against LeBron. He finds an answer for everything.

And 400 is one of those "kind of a lot, but not really at all" kind of numbers that if you lose you don't kill yourself but if you can chunk it up a couple hundred you can get something a little nicer.

Edit: Shaw being considered as Nets coach.

Would be a good hire I think. Wonder if they use the triangle.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227997/Nets-Identify-Brian-Shaw-As-Lead-Coaching-Candidate

That'd be a nice team for Shaw to takeover. Those guys underachieved like crazy this year.

Wait, so...you've been literally betting against Lebron?

nah

Vahagn

Not really, I'm just tired of betting against LeBron. He finds an answer for everything.

And 400 is one of those "kind of a lot, but not really at all" kind of numbers that if you lose you don't kill yourself but if you can chunk it up a couple hundred you can get something a little nicer.

Wait, so...you've been literally betting against Lebron?

Can anyone show me ONE LAKERS FAN that does not defend the Heat right now?

I believe it all depends on Wade.

If Wade is as good as he was in game 7, Heat win and probably pretty comfortably.

If not, I see the Spurs winning the series.

I can't predict which Wade will show up so those are my thoughts.

I don't really care much who wins either way because other than Wade, I don't dislike any of the players. But I probably lean towards wanting the Spurs to win since it enhances the Lebron to Lakers future :p

If there is one thing that would push me towards wanting the Heat, it's the incessant crying about conspiracy from the people here regarding the Heat winning.

$400 though

im to cheap i'd put $20-$100 max lol

i remember i bet $20 with 3 guys that the spurs would win game 7 against the pistons back in 05 and win $60 :D

whoever Baby/birdman bets on will lose the finals, he bet on 18-1 and WELKER catch the ball Pats both times :/

Heat are the best perimeter defense in the league. By quite a bit too I think. Everybody not named Parker will be in for a rude ass awakening.

And again, Duncan is a great defender but he ain't 7'2. He doesn't have a 7'4 reach. He ain't 280lbs. What he is, is 6'11 and 37 years old. To say that lebron would fear Duncan more than hibbert is fucking stupid.

If you and anybody else who is praising this Great Wall of spurs rim protection can agree in a stat tracker, I will bet whatever that we have alot better series FG percentage wise than versus Indy.

they gamble and overhelp all the damn time. The lack of good teams in the east and more importantly, lack of quality point guard play leads to a limited number of teams that can exploit these tendencies. Their speed on D is definitely overwhelming for most of the league tho.
Spurs in 6 baby!

The Atlanta Hawks may have committed a violation of the NBA's anti-tampering policy by mentioning Dwight Howard and Chris Paul in a letter sent to prospective ticket buyers.
The letter was sent from the marketing department:

“Hot New Player news: Chris Paul and Dwight Howard.” It began with the statement: “The buzz around our offseason is more than heating up. With massive cap space, 4 draft picks, and free agency rapidly approaching, we sit in the best position in the NBA. Player interest is skyrocketing as the possibilities of landing Chris Paul & Dwight Howard become more and more of a reality.”

The letter also linked to an ESPN story reporting that Paul was unhappy with the Los Angeles Clippers.

“This is your opportunity to get on board before its (sic) too late. Once we solidify our signings there will be no seats left,” the letter added.

holy shit lol

Lakers fans' hate for Spurs possibly runs even deeper than their hate for Celtics.
Those aren't Lakers fans. They're Kobe fans. They'd rather the Celtics extend their lead on team chips, than have Duncan match Kobe in individual chips and eliminate the biggest argument they always fall back on in Duncan vs Kobe debates.

effzee

3:03
'He didn't tell you he wanted to be in Kazaam 2?'

Aw, I'm in tears. Just like Gaf.

That was one of the best tv moments I have ever seen. I got home super late (around 1 am) and only watched the game on my DVR. Was fast forwarding and thought lets just see what Inside the NBA has up its sleeve for its last show. Oh man Chuck and crew didn't disappoint. The look on Shaq's face when Barkley said that was classic.

As for the game I feel like Miami finally did what I knew they could have done or should have done every game. Even if Wade and Bosh were missing, the mere fact that they had so much energy, plays called for them, and were crashing the boards ensures everyone else getting involved and LeBron picking his spots to score. Perfect formula.

Sure Bosh only had 9 points and shot poorly but he was aggressive on both ends. They will never be a great rebounding team, at least with the current roster, but if they all collectively put in the effort they can out rebound teams. And rebounding is all about effort if you don't have the size.

I like Bosh and I hope he isn't kick off the team or blamed for their potential loss to SA but I think if he plays like he did last night (possibly take even more shots), not only will his energy, rebounds, and blocks help, but some of those shots will go down. Some of his drives which were either blocks or misses will also be called for fouls (on the defense) and he will finish at the rim.

Same with Wade. He wasn't settling or being hesitant. Just drive and attack and draw fouls.

I wonder if Battier is part of the 2nd rotation still or has Mike Miller taken his spot?

Vahagn

Those aren't Lakers fans. They're Kobe fans. They'd rather the Celtics extend their lead on team chips, than have Duncan match Kobe in individual chips and eliminate the biggest argument they always fall back on in Duncan vs Kobe debates.

There's tons of arguments to fall back on first of all. Secondly, The Celtics are getting overrun. It's just a matter of time. They got a massive head start with their 11 chips in the Russell era...but since then, and since the 1970's - LA has owned this discussion. I'm not worried about the long term prospects of seeing LA pass the Celtics in banners, it will happen in another decade or two.

The Spurs however, represent the single greatest Lakers nemesis of my basketball formative years and robbed LA of 5 straight Finals appearances and probably another chip.

If LA doesn't go 2-1 in the modern era against Boston in terms of chips and doesn't beat them in 2010, maybe I feel differently. But as it stands, a franchise that has been choking in the playoffs since 2008 now all of a sudden has that all forgotten because they happened to get through an injury riddled WC.

I want them to lose so we don't have this revisionist history nonsense of them being dominant in the entire TD/Pop era. They were dominant from 1999-2007. They've been paper tigers since. Heat winning in 5 will reinforce that.

There's tons of arguments to fall back on first of all. Secondly, The Celtics are getting overrun. It's just a matter of time. They got a massive head start with their 11 chips in the Russell era...but since then, and since the 1970's - LA has owned this discussion. I'm not worried about the long term prospects of seeing LA pass the Celtics in banners, it will happen in another decade or two.

The Spurs however, represent the single greatest Lakers nemesis of my basketball formative years and robbed LA of 5 straight Finals appearances and probably another chip.

If LA doesn't go 2-1 in the modern era against Boston in terms of chips and doesn't beat them in 2010, maybe I feel differently. But as it stands, a franchise that has been choking in the playoffs since 2008 now all of a sudden has that all forgotten because they happened to get through an injury riddled WC.

I want them to lose so we don't have this revisionist history nonsense of them being dominant in the entire TD/Pop era. They were dominant from 1999-2007. They've been paper tigers since. Heat winning in 5 will reinforce that.
you prolly thought LA, GS and Memphis had a good shot at beating SA in 5 too.

Vahagn

you prolly thought LA, GS and Memphis had a good shot at beating SA in 5 too.

SA has a very good chance of beating Miami. And no, I didn't. I don't want them to win because 5 years of choking and coming up short despite having a contending caliber team will be swept under the rug if they do.

WTF is this bullshit?

Spurs in 6. Done and done.

And look at the map in the last page. California is a blue state!

You and I don't always see eye to eye but

I won't kick you off the bandwagon like I would for your other brethren

<3

I'm going to be honest this is the least ive followed this thread in like 4 years.

I've been posting actively here for 6 years

And I've never been less interested in this thread as I am right now

With the Spurs in the fucking Finals of all things

#VagAndMambaKilledBestGAF

Top Bottom