• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Vire

It's fucking disgusting considering all the cheap shit they called on Indy. If the Handborough tap on Wade after a pump fake is a tech, how can that kind of hit not be called at all?

Did you forget the time where David West elbowed Chalmers in the shoulder hard for no reason and nothing was called?

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
The problem for the Heat is just a huge number of piss poor matchups against the Pacers, and the fact that Wade is not 100%. Stevenson is big enough, and strong enough to guard Wade at less than his best, without any help. That, in turn, means that while George is going to try and guard James solo most of the time, there is help available because the Pacers don't have to be worried about trying to double 2 guys. Unfortunately for the Heat, Hibbert also this season started getting more deference from the officials after his all-star season a year ago, so while he's not gonna' get every call, he's going to get a lot of them. The Heat, then, also have no one who can guard him...AT ALL. When you have a big guy who gets to work with relative impunity in the paint, he improves the skills of guys like Hill and Stevenson by necessitating a double and then being skilled enough to pass out of it to the open guy. I guess I also though James was a little better defender than he is showing, because George has left him standing on the dribble drive at least half a dozen times in each game. It's a series that could easily be 2-0 either way, but the collapse the Pacers had last year against the Heat I cannot see happening again this year. I'd be surprised if any of these games were greater than single digit decisions...

h3ro

d8gQm.jpg

windhorst was on the bs report this week saying that after presti traded harden, jeremy lamb showed up in okc and apparently looked absolutely terrible in practice

yup this should have been at least a foul.

West gets away with this shit alot. Watch him throughout a game and he will extend that elbow at least 20 time during a game. Either when he backs down to create space or on a pnr.

LBJ needs to say fuck it in game 3 and drive at Hibbert, make Hibbert contest the drive. I don't mean floater, a hard drive for a dunk, set the tone early.

Miami needs to stop shying away from Hibbert.

oh and Spo.... FREE MIKE MILLER. Ray and Shane have been shit so far this series on offense.

I agree, but Mike Miller came out splashed a 3 and then ducking started grimacing. Dude is broken.

Hey man welcome to the thread, are you a fan of real housewives?

The show? No.

Also do you enjoy being cuckolded?

No. Do you?

I'm jumping on the band wagon of the Pacers, will you guys allow this or push me off?

Why are you jumping on the Pacers bandwagon? They're not winning the series. They've had a couple of good games this series but Miami is taking it and I anticipate that in the end it will be Miami 4-2 or even 4-1.

Gotta admit I was surprised Miami lost last night. Miami's defense hasn't been great against a shitty offense which is weird.

Lebron is playing great and Bosh is playing at least good on offense, but Wade and the 3 point shooters have been ass. Wade in particular looks pretty mediocre at times.

Still think they wake up and take the next 3 but either Wade or the role players have to show up at some point.

Gotta admit I was surprised Miami lost last night. Miami's defense hasn't been great against a shitty offense which is weird.

Lebron is playing great and Bosh is playing at least good on offense, but Wade and the 3 point shooters have been ass. Wade in particular looks pretty mediocre at times.

Still think they wake up and take the next 3 but either Wade or the role players have to show up at some point.

I'm actually quite impressed by Bosh. He seems to have become a bit tougher mentally. But yes, Wade does seem to have hit a wall of sorts. Really seems that his career is now on the downswing, mostly due to injuries.

WorldStar

Banned
Probably already been posted, but it looks like the NBA is reviewing Wade's elbow last game?

Any predictions on what will result from this review? I'm guessing nothing...?

this is the most confusing thing. say what you want about the role players but it perplexes me even with the size advantage how much better they look on offense

and this is with hill's shaky ball handling and stephenson swagging out too hard

I'm actually quite impressed by Bosh. He seems to have become a bit tougher mentally. But yes, Wade does seem to have hit a wall of sorts. Really seems that his career is now on the downswing, mostly due to injuries.

Bosh showed up in both of the last Finals and was big last year in game 7 vs Boston. I'm not worried about him aside from his occasional lapses in rebounding and not being used enough.

In fact, I think Miami should run more plays for Bosh, even in isolation, and do less for Wade. Wade right now is nowhere near the player he used to be. He has flashes, but not the consistent ability to put a defense on its heels.

I thought the biggest play of the game last night was actually the late game fast break where Wade had it in the middle on a 3 on 2 and had James on the wing who surely would have either scored or been flagrantly fouled and instead threw it to Chalmers in the corner for a semi-contested 3. Awful decision in a tie game that late.

this is the most confusing thing. say what you want about the role players but it perplexes me even with the size advantage how much better they look on offense

West didn't even have a good game, either. It's fine that Hibbert and George went off, but they nearly scored 100 without West coming along. That can't happen. Miami's perimeter defense has been mediocre so far.

I think they're misusing Lebron a bit. For one, he should guard West and they should go with Ray and Battier at the same time to get more open 3s. For another, they should put Wade on Hill and Chalmers on Stevenson at times when George is out.

I was shocked Anderson wasn't playing more in the second half. Spo's rotations and line ups are garbage.
He usually plays him six minutes at a time since he uses energy really fast. I can't really blame Spo much, the players need to stop playing like trash

and Mamba I agree with most stuff but you won't see or will ever see them giving the ball to Bosh to go to work, not against this D

that wade play where he dished it to chalmers instead was stupid esp. when tied. lebron looked pissed about it too as he should be. its that kinda dumbass stuff that makes me wonder

Cloudy

Banned
Probably already been posted, but it looks like the NBA is reviewing Wade's elbow last game?

Any predictions on what will result from this review? I'm guessing nothing...?

It looks really bad and I don't see how they don't suspend him. JR's eblow was pretty mild (and in the context of basketball) compared to that...

If he is suspended the Heat will win game three. At this point, he's a gimpy player that makes bad decisions and is a detriment to the team. Bosh has been playing better and he'll get more touches.

giri

The refs did absolutely nothing when that happened? What the fuck.
The worst part was they called a soft ass foul against indiana on that play too, iirc.

He was sorta kinda looking like he was trying to 'swim' over/past him. People do it to get around screens and sort of jump by defenders but its never at the halfcourt line nor is it done with your elbow or forearm leading the way.

It looks like a "well, i'm already here. may as well be dirty" move to me

Yeah, and the commentators said nothing, but hansbrough putting a hand on wade == a Technical?

There were some bad calls and worse non-calls that game.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The worst part was they called a soft ass foul against indiana on that play too, iirc.

Yeah, and the commentators said nothing, but hansbrough putting a hand on wade == a Technical?

There were some bad calls and worse non-calls that game.

Reggie said "it was not a malicious attempt" AFTER he saw the replay twice or thrice.

Cloudy

Banned
If he is suspended the Heat will win game three. At this point, he's a gimpy player that makes bad decisions and is a detriment to the team. Bosh has been playing better and he'll get more touches.

Yeah I'm not sure an extra shooter out there who isn't taking drives away from LeBron hurts them on offense. However, he is good at pressuring the Pacers guards so he'd be missed

Pimpwerx

I get so much work done after Heat losses. I don't listen to radio and don't read sports websites. Hell, I don't even feel like watching tonight's game, I'm so mad. I almost didn't enjoy sex last night...almost. PEACE.

I get so much work done after Heat losses. I don't listen to radio and don't read sports websites. Hell, I don't even feel like watching tonight's game, I'm so mad. I almost didn't enjoy sex last night...almost. PEACE.

lol I've been the exact same way. except here we are still!

the first thing I did after the game was fire up lebatard's podcast since I hadn't heard it yet

within the first 15 seconds of the show?
"the heat are going to have it easy tonight, stugotz"

just fucking

Flash

lol the commentators last night were shit because they were trying so hard to justify what the refs were doing.

"obviously a technical", "not a malicious play", "scott foster is a great ref!", etc. Fucking clown league right here lol

Thank you all, now I just need to get a new avatar to show off my playoff team. I think I might go with Ian Mahinmi since he hit that buzzer beater in the Finals.

I hope you enjoy jumping on bandwagons cause you'll need to after Cuban strikes out in the off-season again

Top Bottom