• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I know some will disagree with me (and the media) but I thought that moment where James gave George a pound at the end of the third was pretty incredible. Impressive.
Part of me wanted to be upset cause its the playoffs and you don't pick up an opposing player, you don't applaud them for their success when they are playing against you, and you are not friends during the game.

But I didn't see it like that for some reason. It's like big brother and little brother playing one on one in the driveway. Little brother is growing up, finally does a move that big brother has trouble defending and gives a slight nod to the improvement before the war starts back up again.

Sports need elder statesman. The NHL had players like that back when I was growing up. They haven't for years and it shows.

pheenix is our zyzz

Ok, this had me laughing.

I know some will disagree with me (and the media) but I thought that moment where James gave George a pound at the end of the third was pretty incredible. Impressive.
Part of me wanted to be upset cause its the playoffs and you don't pick up an opposing player, you don't applaud them for their success when they are playing against you, and you are not friends during the game.

But I didn't see it like that for some reason. It's like big brother and little brother playing one on one in the driveway. Little brother is growing up, finally does a move that big brother has trouble defending and gives a slight nod to the improvement before the war starts back up again.

Sports need elder statesman. The NHL had players like that back when I was growing up. They haven't for years and it shows.

I agree. Its one example of why LeBron is a class act.

fertygo

Same here, I actually like that.

I agree. Its one example of why LeBron is a class act.
LOL no.

they lost 2 games in the playoffs so far and had a 27 game win streak, come on. The problem is that their role players arent hitting wide open shots (Battier 0-3, Cole 1-6, Allen 2-5)

idk why they're not playing Birdman more, sure he won't be making literally every shot but Haslem is useless and so is Bosh when he can't score

that's more of a testament to the early 2000s level of terribleness the eastern conference was this year

fuckball is the first team that can put up a fight unlike a brad jennings/monta shamefest and a crippled bulls team

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Shake hands after the series is over.

Totally. And that would have been enough for sure.

Normally I would have been pissed seeing a player do that. Maybe it's because Bron is still so far ahead of George that it made it ok for me. That he was confident enough that it didn't shake him, he was able to say "good job" to someone else.

Totally. And that would have been enough for sure.

Normally I would have been pissed seeing a player do that. Maybe it's because Bron is still so far ahead of George that it made it ok for me. That he was confident enough that it didn't shake him, he was able to say "good job" to someone else.

For me it's seeing how far LeBron has come. Yes, he fucked up and was a total asshold for not shaking hands after losing in the finals but I think it's fair to say that that LeBron has grown into a much more confident and humble player. While it's common to hear how today's players are too buddy buddy in comparison to generations past, last night was an example of two players who respected one another.

Vestal

The elbow David West gave Mario Chalmers seemed a bit more dirty, specially when you put into context that David West probably knew that Chalmers left game one due to a shoulder injury.

I found a clip of it.
yup this should have been at least a foul.

West gets away with this shit alot. Watch him throughout a game and he will extend that elbow at least 20 time during a game. Either when he backs down to create space or on a pnr.

LBJ needs to say fuck it in game 3 and drive at Hibbert, make Hibbert contest the drive. I don't mean floater, a hard drive for a dunk, set the tone early.

Miami needs to stop shying away from Hibbert.

oh and Spo.... FREE MIKE MILLER. Ray and Shane have been shit so far this series on offense.

Flash

lol that west play should have been a foul but at least it's consistent with him trying to set a pick. what in the world is wade doing jumping mid court so close to someone with his elbow/forearm out?

Talon

Stephenson has been a completely different beast in the playoffs. He really came of age in the New York series.

Then regular season Lance showed his ugly head in those four fuckups in five possessions in the middle of the fourth.

Tom Penny

Not sure how accurate this is from ESPN. When Lebron and George have guarded each other

George 10-13 29 points 1 TO and 1.71 points per play
Lebron 18-31 45 points 8 TO and 1.07 points per play

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
1_17pxp9.jpg

Damn. This single pic explains Z-Bo struggle so far thoughout this series.

so how long will it take before lance stephenson ever earns a sliver of sympathy? or what would it take

or is the answer never to all of you

not that I am saying he should. but just curious

effzee

Was out last night watched the game this morning.

Heat are frustrating to watch. Even through their streak they would sleep walk at least the first half of games and then have to put together a furious comeback effort to win. You can't continue to not care in the first half.

Enough tinkering with the line ups. If Ray Allen and Battier can't hit shots sit them. Play Miller, Jones, Lewis, and Anthony.

LeBron and Wade need to go at Hibbert and draw fouls. Wade kept pump faking and taking tougher shots cause he was so scared of Hibbert. And defensively stop doubling the point on screens and focus on stopping West and Hibbert. It seems like they are not only conceding the rebounds but points in the paint to them also.

Pacers struggle to score but they won't have too much trouble if on a switch they keep catching a smaller guard covering West or Hibbert down low. Leave Hill or Stevenson open if you have to.

Still think Heat win but like I said in 7. I predict they come back to Miami tied 2-2 for game 5.

Cloudy

Banned
I keep watching the replay of the Wade elbow smash. Why would he jump that way unless it was on purpose? What else could he have possibly been trying to do?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The refs did absolutely nothing when that happened? What the fuck.

Cloudy

Banned
The refs did absolutely nothing when that happened? What the fuck.

It's fucking disgusting considering all the cheap shit they called on Indy. If the Handborough tap on Wade after a pump fake is a tech, how can that kind of hit not be called at all?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I keep watching the replay of the Wade elbow smash. Why would he jump that way unless it was on purpose? What else could he have possibly been trying to do?

He was sorta kinda looking like he was trying to 'swim' over/past him. People do it to get around screens and sort of jump by defenders but its never at the halfcourt line nor is it done with your elbow or forearm leading the way.

It looks like a "well, i'm already here. may as well be dirty" move to me

reilo

He was sorta kinda looking like he was trying to 'swim' over/past him. People do it to get around screens and sort of jump by defenders but its never at the halfcourt line nor is it done with your elbow or forearm leading the way.

It looks like a "well, i'm already here. may as well be dirty" move to me

"If Reggie don't think it was malicious, then it ain't dirty!"

Getting the sense Heat might be w/o Wade for his elbow to Stephenson in Game 2. Still awaiting word from NBA.

Stern is clever. Suspend Wade to give the perception of lacking bias while knowing that he's helping the Heat because of how bad Wade has been in the playoffs.

(I don't believe any of that obviously)

reilo

so obviously cloving

If we could rank the bad trolls by the Fast & Furious franchise, Cloving would be 2 Fast 2 Furious driving around in a convertible silver and purple Eclipse with chrome rims in a cutoff jean shirt.

Miller should play but Lewis is going to give up more points than you could believe possible from a player in the league lulz.

I hope Wade plays. He's just a roleplayer the way he's played in these playoffs. He brings good defense and that's about it. The more nonfactors on offense you can put on the court with LeBron the better the Pacers chances.

And I'm not surprised any of this is happening. I called it months ago when I said that the streak is going to result in bad play from the roleplayers in the playoffs. Those guys are tired. They played too hard to keep the streak alive and those games didn't matter. They've been sprinting too many laps and there's a long way to go.

PEACE

Top Bottom