• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

it was more of a "move, bitch, get out the way" move in the heat of the battle as he is trying to chase someone down, not the dirty stuff the people here are whining about as usual

If he does not get the suspension JR got, I hope Heat fans will have the decency to stop gloating. How many techs did the Pacers get in the first half anyway? Sigh.

giga

Is it any surprise the heat resort to thuggery when losing?

Wade always gets a pass because he's Dwyane Wade and makes commercials.

Fjordson

And just noticed the Heat are on defense there. Thought maybe he was doing it to catch him by surprise and then cut for a layup. But he does it on defense when his man isn't even looking at him :lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So you can't post an example of wade/LBJ doing the same thing turk did to get ejected.

Just like I thought.

Did you miss the entire pacers series last year? lmao

"Just like I thought"

take that shit to popgaf

These dudes were literally starting fights then patting down refs for that whole round

LuchaShaq

Banned
Did you miss the entire pacers series last year? lmao

"Just like I thought"

take that shit to popgaf

These dudes were literally starting fights then patting down refs for that whole round

If it was happening as often as you say like turk (no calmly touching a refs shoulder is 100% different than SPRINTING to the ref crying about a call and grabbing him two handed) you would be able to provide evidence instead of just crying about it.

DY_nasty

If it was happening as often as you say like turk (no calmly touching a refs shoulder is 100% different than SPRINTING to the ref crying about a call and grabbing him two handed) you would be able to provide evidence instead of just crying about it.

Do you take pictures of the sky to see if its still blue? You have to be entirely disingenuous with yourself or oblivious to the subject as a whole if you're really holding fast to this. Its like the PG travel that was called vs the game winner that wasn't called. (LBJ's entire history of late game travels for that matter). LBJ and Wade are the biggest stars in the league when it comes to theatrics - even worse than Kobe and KD.

But what's really some shit is how I don't even want the Pacers to win and you got this high school idea in your head that my Miami hate is the reasoning behind me bringing this up. I'm pretty sure I haven't said much if anything 'hate' filled towards the Heat all year long other than they don't give a fuck. You can like a team and admit that they get a relationship with officials that other teams simply don't. Pats fans understand this and Broncos fans are learning to love it as well. Duke fans. Etc. LBJ will probably do it again before the end of the series.

Hell, he should've been T'd up for slamming the ball down and having it go over his head after a dead play - its a textbook technical foul but it won't be called because of who it is. This shouldn't surprise anyone. There's no need to even get defensive about it. It was like this with every superstar. People point it out and others get mad though? lolz

You don't get to throw your girlfriend down a flight of stairs, and then stomp on her head and then bitch about cheap shots during a basketball game.

If wade had hit Hill/George/West/Hibbert/Young/Green etc etc I'd be with you.

Wait, so just because he had a questionable past, he deserves to be getting hit with cheap shots? Get the fuck out of here! The game should be played fair no matter ones past.

You don't get to throw your girlfriend down a flight of stairs, and then stomp on her head and then bitch about cheap shots during a basketball game.

If wade had hit Hill/George/West/Hibbert/Young/Green etc etc I'd be with you.

kobe literally raped a woman and there are people in this thread who would murder someone to drink his urine

DY_nasty

Wait, so just because he had a questionable past, he deserves to be getting hit with cheap shots? Get the fuck out of here! The game should be played fair no matter ones past.

He does deserve it. The guy is a piece of shit.

But this is a gentleman's sport unlike futbol. That call is supposed to get made.

Cloudy

Banned
Am I crazy or has Birdman been the 2nd best player on the Heat this series? Miami is really lucky it's not 0-2. Bosh has been decent on offense but he needs to rebound more. Wade doesn't look good at all but surprisingly he's been making jumpers or his numbers would be worse. Without a ton of fts, he is really ordinary...

I do not like the Bosh and Birdman combo cos it takes away Miami's greatest strength besides LeBron which is floor spacing for 3s. Then again, the shooters aren't hitting....yet. I feel they are better vs. the Pacers with only Birdman cos he hustles on both ends and can finish at the rim

Miami still takes the series but I'm glad to see someone finally challenging this team

DY_nasty

Am I crazy or has Birdman been the 2nd best player on the Heat this series? Miami is really lucky it's not 0-2. Bosh has been decent on offense but he needs to rebound more. Wade doesn't look good at all but surprisingly he's been making jumpers or his numbers would be even worse. Without a ton of fts, he is really ordinary...

I do not like the Bosh and Birdman combo cos it takes away Miami's greatest strength besides LeBron which is floor spacing for 3s. Then again, the shooters aren't hitting....yet. I feel they are better vs. the Pacers with only Birdman cos he hustles on both ends and can finish at the rim

Miami still takes the series but I'm glad to see someone finally challenging this team

The Pacers are 'lucky' they won after giving the ball away on 6 straight possessions, not capitalizing on that first LBJ TO, and seeing George Hill missing some FTs he's supposed to hit. Their offense stalled out completely.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Lots of crying.

All I want is proof when you pull shit out of nowhere that simply isn't true. I don't care if you hate the heat, I'm not a heat fan. Just an anti fan of bullshit.

A questionable past is something like drug problems. What he did makes him less than human in my eyes. Outside of someone literally trying to murder him on the court I'm all for him getting cheap shotted constantly.

The Heat scored one FG in the last 6:09 minutes of the game. hit three free throws. Im sayin, these dudes are paper tigers and Coach Spo is a fraud who aint about shit.

DY_nasty

All I want is proof when you pull shit out of nowhere that simply isn't true. I don't care if you hate the heat, I'm not a heat fan. Just an anti fan of bullshit.
All I see is 'lalala ref bias isn't real'

Its like you don't even watch games. LBJ literally got away with the same shit that got Durant T'd up JUST last night. And now you're gonna act like you haven't seen the LBJ and Wade backflips over calls/nocalls?

Tell me more about the world under the rock.
The Heat scored one FG in the last 6:09 minutes of the game. hit three free throws. Im sayin, these dudes are paper tigers and Coach Spo is a fraud who aint about shit.

The Heat aren't even trying right now lol

They're even worse than the Shaq/Kobe Lakers when it comes to turning it on only when its time to not get embarrassed. But yes, Spo is a fraud but we've always known that.

Wade elbowing Stephenson instead of anyone else in the league in the head makes the incident harder to hate, but I don't see why the resulting punishment from the league should be less just because of who he elbowed considering Wade's past of cheapshots towards anyone.

I doubt anything will come of it though.

LuchaShaq

Banned

I never said Ref bias isn't real, that would be insane.

I said the refs were right to not eject chalmers. You said LBj/wade do what turk did all the time. You refuse to provide proof of them sprinting to a ref and grabbing them like Turk did.

It's really not that complicated but you are going off on unrelated tangents over and over.

Its like you don't even watch games. LBJ literally got away with the same shit that got Durant T'd up JUST last night. And now you're gonna act like you haven't seen the LBJ and Wade backflips over calls/nocalls?

Tell me more about the world under the rock.

The Heat aren't even trying right now lol

They're even worse than the Shaq/Kobe Lakers when it comes to turning it on only when its time to not get embarrassed. But yes, Spo is a fraud but we've always known that.

Theyll win the series in 6, because fuckball is fuckball, but I have a gut feeling they dont chip against the Spurs.
they shouldnt chip against Memphis either, but Lionel Hollins plays guys that MIA can freely ignore out on the perimeter

DY_nasty

I never said Ref bias isn't real, that would be insane.

I said the refs were right to not eject chalmers. You said LBj/wade do what turk did all the time. You refuse to provide proof of them sprinting to a ref and grabbing them like Turk did.

It's really not that complicated but you are going off on unrelated tangents over and over.

Its a typical primadonna move and its not even so uncommon as the be worth mentioning. Do you have a list of every questionable Artest or Jax technical?

LuchaShaq

Banned
you make it sound like Hedo was a ravenous hyena

It's not that complicated.

Turk sprinted to the official and grabbed him 2 handed. He got ejected. You said Wade/Lebron have done similar and gotten away with it, you seem unable and unwilling to prove it.

I even looked for you and can not find any instance of them doing anything remotely similar.

Bitching about calls? Yes

Touching a ref on the shoulder? Yes

Sprinting at a ref? No

Doing all 3 at once? No

The closest thing I could find is LeBron sprinting AWAY from an official after he was mad about a call but also he received a Tech for it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAuTuievzgo

So either prove what you say or stop spreading bullshit.

DY_nasty

Cheap shots? Of course he has done a bunch and there IS evidence.

Doing what turk did and getting away with it? Nope.

So you've literally never seen LBJ or Wade run up and touch a ref?

Because I feel I'm about to get win the easiest bet of the year.

Its hilarious because LBJ has already done it TWICE in the Bulls series

LuchaShaq

Banned
So you've literally never seen LBJ or Wade run up and touch a ref?

Because I feel I'm about to get win the easiest bet of the year.

Its hilarious because LBJ has already done it TWICE in the Bulls series

Not in the way like Turk did no.

Either prove it or keep looking insane up to you.

fertygo

Cheap shots? Of course he has done a bunch and there IS evidence.

Doing what turk did and getting away with it? Nope.

I see enough of Wade shouting to the refs close enough that you can see his spat all over the refs face, dunno if you specifically look for touches.. but judging the man history, its not outrageous to think.

DY_nasty

Not in any way like Turk did no.

Either prove it or keep looking insane up to you.

Make a bet right now then. Because you're arguing that sky is not blue and that LBJ or Wade has NEVER put hands on a ref after a bad call. They never run up to and berate a ref. They don't do the theatrics that will get others t'd up or thrown out. You're that sure lol. He'll probably do it twice before the end of the playoffs.

I've never seen someone take it as far you are right now. Even pimp and pheenix wouldn't argue this shit.

idEmEA8iDSHLV.gif

Looks more like a forearm to the head, then an elbow honestly. Still, a foul should have been called, but the cries for suspension? come on.

it was more of a "move, bitch, get out the way" move in the heat of the battle as he is trying to chase someone down, not the dirty stuff the people here are whining about as usual

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

LuchaShaq

Banned
Make a bet right now then. Because you're arguing that sky is not blue and that LBJ or Wade has NEVER put hands on a ref after a bad call. They never run up to and berate a ref. They don't do the theatrics that will get others t'd up or thrown out. You're that sure lol. He'll probably do it twice before the end of the playoffs.

I've never seen someone take it as far you are right now. Even pimp and pheenix wouldn't argue this shit.

You keep twisting your own words.

I never deny they bitch about calls.

I said they don't do what you said they have done and gotten away with it. The turk move of sprinting up full speed and grabbing the ref 2 handed complaining about the call.

The combination of those 3 things at once is what matters, and the exact turk move you claim they have done is what matters. Not bitching about a call, not touching a ref lightly on the arm. If you back pedaled any harder you would be playing Knick like defense.

DY_nasty

You keep twisting your own words.

I never deny they bitch about calls.

I said they don't do what you said they have done and gotten away with it. The turk move of sprinting up full speed and grabbing the ref 2 handed complaining about the call.

The combination of those 3 things at once is what matters, and the exact turk move you claim they have done is what matters. Not bitching about a call, not touching a ref lightly on the arm. If you back pedaled any harder you would be playing Knick like defense.
You keep talking about "grabbing" the ref and "sprinting" when dude traveled 10 feet and put two hands on his shoulders.

Its like we're discussing two different events.

zychi

Banned
Looks more like a forearm to the head, then an elbow honestly. Still, a foul should have been called, but the cries for suspension? come on.

Its cheap and should have been called a foul, but the Pacer is clearly over exaggerating. Wade doesn't hit him THAT hard.

I'm contemplating going to the next game in Indy, even tho I have no fandom for either team.

DY_nasty

Its cheap and should have been called a foul, but the Pacer is clearly over exaggerating. Wade doesn't hit him THAT hard.

I'm contemplating going to the next game in Indy, even tho I have no fandom for either team.
When you get blindsided by a 200lb dude above the shoulder its always THAT hard lol

KingKong

they lost 2 games in the playoffs so far and had a 27 game win streak, come on. The problem is that their role players arent hitting wide open shots (Battier 0-3, Cole 1-6, Allen 2-5)

idk why they're not playing Birdman more, sure he won't be making literally every shot but Haslem is useless and so is Bosh when he can't score

Top Bottom