• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Duncan or Kobe? All time.

Individual talent? Kobe. Guy I'd start my team with? Duncan and it's not even close. Duncan is the team leader that Kobe just never was. Kobe wants to humiliate his opponent to the point he forgets about his team at times while Duncan wants to humiliate the opponent by getting his team to win.

Spurs were once again underestimated. Z-Bo and Gasol were expected to dominate and Conley was suppose to give Tony Parker a run for his money. Haha the spurs dominated this series for all but 2 quarters..

Individual talent? Kobe. Guy I'd start my team with? Duncan and it's not even close. Duncan is the team leader that Kobe just never was. Kobe wants to humiliate his opponent to the point he forgets about his team at times while Duncan wants to humiliate the opponent by getting his team to win.

lol.

I think you can justify Duncan because dominant big > dominant perimeter player.

But this comparison will only bring out Kobe haters and lovers so its not worth discussing.

However, ill say this. Kobe and Duncan would have been the best compliment had they been on the same team. Not sure any 2 other players would have been paired better in the last 20 years

Heat Spurs would be interesting as its two teams that basically have not played each other this year. Each game one team sat all their best players.

rando14

lol.

I think you can justify Duncan because dominant big > dominant perimeter player.

But this comparison will only bring out Kobe haters and lovers so its not worth discussing.

However, ill say this. Kobe and Duncan would have been the best compliment had they been on the same team. Not sure any 2 other players would have been paired better in the last 20 years

pippen_jordan_100223.jpg
?

JohnsonUT

lol.

Kobe would have driven Duncan mad.

People have the dumbest standards for rating players. There are ~10 players on a team that get significant playing time. Player x having more rings than player y means nothing by itself.

Yeah cos Kobe didn't play defense. He may have lost a step but it's I easier to play great defense as a big when you're older.

Bigs impact the defense more than wings, unless said wing is a hyperathletic freak like LBJ who can help defend all over the court and not leave his man wide open.

lol.

ummmm Shaq and Kobe!??!?

Emwitus

Spurs were once again underestimated. Z-Bo and Gasol were expected to dominate and Conley was suppose to give Tony Parker a run for his money. Haha the spurs dominated this series for all but 2 quarters..

I said it after watching game 1. Everything they've learned playing against the laker's bigs has translated to this series. I had them in 5 after game 1. In 6 before game 1.

Cloudy

Banned
People have the dumbest standards for rating players. There are ~10 players on a team that get significant playing time. Player x having more rings than player y means nothing by itself.

As individual players, Duncan doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Kobe. His rings and accolades are the only way he can be considered and he will falls short there too

Top Bottom