• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Oh geez. Kobe will be done after next year and he'll be lucky to have a season where he averages more than 15-18ppg, unless ofcourse he take 50 shots a game next year than he may be able to hit 23-25ppg. Lakers will have nice cap space after next season but lets be honest, the big free agents will be 30 or so and will have played 9-10 years in the league. Outside of LeBron, no other big time free agent will be able to carry a franchise and LeBron isn't going to L.A.

Are you serious? I guarantee he'll be at 24+ppg next year, around 43-44% from the field. 15-18 ppg? you're out of your goddamn mind, bolton.

Keith Van Horn once hit 22 straight 3's in practice during a Jayson Williams/John Calipari argument. They saw what Keith was doing and immediately made up.

Heat fans were here before LeBron and they will be here after LeBron so take your booking ass elsewhere

Just saying, the fanbase will be a fraction of what it is now in 2014. I didn't call you an LLL'er, but a lot of heat fans these days are. Miami is that kinda city, it's made for LLL'ing.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Are you serious? I guarantee he'll be at 24+ppg next year, around 43-44% from the field. 15-18 ppg? you're out of your goddamn mind, bolton.

I'm glad somebody else is noticing....

Keith Van Horn once hit 22 straight 3's in practice during a Jayson Williams/John Calipari argument. They saw what Keith was doing and immediately made up.

Is this true? cause it would be amazing if it was

Heat fans, sure. The massive amount of LLL's ... nah. They will simply fade into the ether.

Just saying, the fanbase will be a fraction of what it is now in 2014. I didn't call you an LLL'er, but a lot of heat fans these days are. Miami is that kinda city, it's made for LLL'ing.

"Star player leaves team, takes fans with him"

Thank you guys so much for opening me up to this new revelation, holy shit

Is this true? cause it would be amazing if it was
Jay told the story on WFAN and Calipari sorta confirmed in way back in the day. It was KVH's rookie year I believe, alot of stories have some fiction but are mostly true. My favorite was his David Benoit story about how Benoit's accent cost the Nets a game vs. the Bulls.
"Star player leaves team, takes fans with him"

Thank you guys so much for opening me up to this new revelation, holy shit
I didn't say the fans would leave, they'll stay because they're fans.

He tore his Achilles to shreds. You have literally no idea how he's going to come back, and neither do I. But assuming he comes back worse for the wear seems like a much safer bet than him scoring 24+ PPG. That's you being a total stan.

I'm struggling to see how they are guarantees either since it's not assured and he's not putting up anything in-case his guarantee goes wrong, lol.

It took me forever to notice that your avatar was a young and stoned Roy Hibbert

I like Roy though. I hope he has success. Just not against us lol

apparently he still uses coupons and stuff and when he takes the team out to dinner he has to go somewhere where he has a deal, what a god damn cheapskate!

It took me forever to notice that your avatar was a young and stoned Roy Hibbert

apparently he still uses coupons and stuff and when he takes the team out to dinner he has to go somewhere where he has a deal, what a god damn cheapskate!

Shiiieeet, at the rate that I'm seeing all these reports of broke athletes, I'd be doing the same.

Best believe there would be some Chimichanga days in my future even if I was collectin' that baller dough.

What

What does he even spend his money on? Really really good pot?

Cloudy

Banned
Does this mean the Pacers are allowed to do a flying elbow with no threat of suspension? JR got ejected AND suspended for an elbow doing a basketball move yet Wade gets to play after that WWE shit?

This league is so corrupt it's laughable...

There's a middle ground between Allen Iverson spending and using coupons.

I see no problem with using coupons even if it was Bill Gates.

I'd have a problem with them if

A. they told teammates they had to order water or cheap stuff
B. they tipped poorly
C. they went to a crappy place solely because of coupons

But as far as using coupons, who gives a fuck? If the restaurant is going to offer the food cheaper, then why not take advantage?

I see no problem with using coupons even if it was Bill Gates.

I'd have a problem with them if

A. they told teammates they had to order water or cheap stuff
B. they tipped poorly
C. they went to a crappy place solely because of coupons

But as far as using coupons, who gives a fuck? If the restaurant is going to offer the food cheaper, then why not take advantage?

Yeah pretty much this. Although if I made that dough you sure as hell bet I would find the best steakhouse or bbq or tex mex in every town lol

lol who are you to criticize someone whos trying to be responsible with money

I'm not saying he shouldn't be using coupons, it's his business. But there's absolutely no need to be so careful with your money with that salary. There's been a lot of athletes that don't know how to spend money, but there's no need to be this cautious.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be using coupons, it's his business. But there's absolutely no need to be so careful with your money with that salary. There's been a lot of athletes that don't know how to spend money, but there's no need to be this cautious.

I really don't have a problem with him being this cautious, it takes a lot of discipline to do that. In the end, he will probably save a ton which means more for future Hibberts.

Sigh.

Can you even guarantee he'll play?
The recovery is 6 to 9 months, he'll be ready for opening day. Tons of doom & gloom when it happened with people saying he'd be out the whole year or his career was over. Lots of posts saying that in the OT thread that was made, but he'll be back for opening day.

Heavy when's the last time any guarantee or book-it worked for you?

You should be banned from both those words

Rose-tinted glasses. The last big guarantee i made was right: I said the Lakers would beat OKC in that regular season game and that it would start a run and get em into the playoffs. Everyone said it was stupid and that I was crazy and that's EXACTLY what happened.

I mean, if I'm a millionaire athlete, what restaurants would I be going to that offer coupons?

Applebees? Chillis?

not to say those are bad places(too expensive for my broke ass though)

cheescake factory is a fave of athletes. Though, I don't know if they have coupons.

Maybe Olive Garden?

A lot of rich people, people who aren't athletes, act the same way. It's not even necessarily being cautious, it's just how they do things.

I really don't have a problem with him being this cautious, it takes a lot of discipline to do that. In the end, he will probably save a ton which means more for future Hibberts.

I guess I'm more angry at the athletes that somehow do lose the shitload of money they earned in their career. I just can't even comprehend how they do it.

rando14

Rose-tinted glasses. The last big guarantee i made was right: I said the Lakers would beat OKC in that regular season game and that it would start a run and get em into the playoffs. Everyone said it was stupid and that I was crazy and that's EXACTLY what happened.

except for when you guaranteed teams would be scared of a 7/8 seed lakers and exactly ZERO teams were, as demonstrated in the first round

not to say those are bad places(too expensive for my broke ass though)

did you fail your test or not

I guess I'm more angry at the athletes that somehow do lose the shitload of money they earned in their career. I just can't even comprehend how they do it.

It's really not that hard when you have no idea what you're doing.

Agents take a huge chunk. federal and local taxes take nearly half. Divorces take half of that. Buy a few homes worth a few mil and you have a huge mortgage and property tax bill yearly. Do something really stupid like buy a jet (lolpippen). Give some away to family/friends. Finally, invest in something by being taken advantage of.

Before you know it, you're broke.

Klay Thompson's dad making sure he doesn't fuck up though. kid has an allowance, lol

Pippen should write a book.

except for when you guaranteed teams would be scared of a 7/8 seed lakers and exactly ZERO teams were, as demonstrated in the first round

did you fail your test or not

duuuuuuude, i already said I think i did OK. Haven't gotten back the grade yet.

WorldStar

Banned
Speaking of athletes and $$$, anyone see that 30 for 30 episode titled 'Broke' ?

I thought it was pretty good.

the-had-to-have-it-mentality-is-very-prevalent.jpg

even-when-it-is-just-little-things-like-cell-phones.jpg

Serious now, WTF does LLL stand for. It's been three years and I still don't know.

I understand what it refers to I just have no clue what the initials could stand for.

Top Bottom