• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafa writes the best damn posts.

And he nails it too.

The one about Clarke's peaks has me still rolling
Thanks brah
He's the poster we need and the one we deserve ..
Thanks brah
The CRTC (Canada's FCC) just dropped the restrictions which require Canadian TV stations to air mostly Canadian content during the daytime. There will still be restrictions for Primetime. But they are also loosening the requirements of what counts as Canadian.

Harper's transformation of Canada's cultural industries is essentially complete.

(paging Memles)
What!? They better not harm Remedy!

ivysaur12

Banned
So, remember that Happy Endings countdown that was till April 1st and we all thought, oh, it's to April Fools Day!

Well, as of now, 3 of the cast are free and haven't taken pilots (and most pilots have started to film or film this week). Marry Me is dead. And One Big Happy is a multi, meaning that if Elisha wanted to (and she would), she could work Monday-Tuesday/Wednesday on Happy Endings and then do the table read, blocking, and tape day for One Big Happy on Wednesday-Friday. That's how Will Arnett filmed almost all of Arrested Development season 4 while doing The Millers.

So, the rub is Zach, who's on a 6 episode show called Weird Loners that's being left for dead on Fox. It premieres on March 31st. What day will we get the ratings for Weird Loners?

April 1st.

beat

And One Big Happy is a multi, meaning that if Elisha wanted to (and she would), she could work Monday-Tuesday/Wednesday on Happy Endings and then do the table read, blocking, and tape day for One Big Happy on Wednesday-Friday. That's how Will Arnett filmed almost all of Arrested Development season 4 while doing The Millers.
That sounds like a brutal work schedule. I actually haven't rewatched AD S4 since it first debuted, but my impression was that even so GOB featured less in the show on a per-minute basis than one would hope Alex would in a HE S4, and that's even with AD's larger cast.

So, remember that Happy Endings countdown that was till April 1st and we all thought, oh, it's to April Fools Day!

Well, as of now, 3 of the cast are free and haven't taken pilots (and most pilots have started to film or film this week). Marry Me is dead. And One Big Happy is a multi, meaning that if Elisha wanted to (and she would), she could work Monday-Tuesday/Wednesday on Happy Endings and then do the table read, blocking, and tape day for One Big Happy on Wednesday-Friday. That's how Will Arnett filmed almost all of Arrested Development season 4 while doing The Millers.

So, the rub is Zach, who's on a 6 episode show called Weird Loners that's being left for dead on Fox. It premieres on March 31st. What day will we get the ratings for Weird Loners?

April 1st.

Yeah, I thought about that too. I'm just not sure why that would be the determining factor of when they announce it. Do you think they're waiting so if the ratings for Weird Loners are awful (highly likely), they'll be able to announce they've got the full cast? And if the ratings are somehow decent, they'll just announce they have most of the cast onboard?

That sounds like a brutal work schedule. I actually haven't rewatched AD S4 since it first debuted, but my impression was that even so GOB featured less in the show on a per-minute basis than one would hope Alex would in a HE S4, and that's even with AD's larger cast.

I mean, no one was in that season on an ideal per-minute basis except for Bateman.

ivysaur12

Banned
Yeah, I thought about that too. I'm just not sure why that would be the determining factor of when they announce it. Do you think they're waiting so if the ratings for Weird Loners are awful (highly likely), they'll be able to announce they've got the full cast? And if the ratings are somehow decent, they'll just announce they have most of the cast onboard?

Something like that. Or it's nothing.

Let's play a game if it is something: We won't know on April 1st. But everyone will know that Weird Loners won't make it. Then, they can know if they're going to get Zach. But that's only if it's actually a thing and it's real.

I can't see One Big Happy doing well, so I think it's a moot point.

April 1st.

Can you do this analysis for Siberia?

FoneBone

April 1st.

The Millers didn't premiere until months after AD season 4 - did you mean Up All Night?

Vert boil

April 1st.

Coming exclusively to the Newegg streaming service.

TheOddOne

April 1st.
jzAUvFkkhcUUx.jpg

ivysaur12

Banned

I know -- I posted about it in the Happy Endings thread. I guess I'll repost what I said there:

I just don't get why he would do that. It's very out of character from what I've known about him as a person, and it's sort of burning bridges very unnecessarily. It just makes no sense. Like, what's the point? There's a difference between "messing around" and that. If that's what it is, that's really, really, really, really, really dumb.

On a list of people I'd never want to piss off, one would be my old showrunner's wife.

Like, I ran the Diva writers' account and I was doing stuff with the Helix one (when we were still in production and I was getting paid) and I would be extremely wary to post anything without my boss's consent. It's so easy to get fired.

Jay Berger is still Bycel and Fener's assistant. I don't understand that. People have been fired for so much less. Ether way, I don't understand at all someone's motivation to do this… what's your end game, bro?

Tamanon

Banned
I don't think iZombie will do that well. The commercials seemed like they had a real hard time explaining why someone would want to watch it.

I really liked the first 4 episodes of iZombie I saw when my girlfriend brought them home from work. It's fun and the cast works really well together. It's pretty procedural though, but I can already see ways they might try to subvert it as it goes on. I'd like it to do well.

Sober

Glee won't get nominated cause it's Glee (read: ugh) and Shameless is just gonna get passed over like it has every year anyway, so....

Glee won't get nominated cause it's Glee (read: ugh) and Shameless is just gonna get passed over like it has every year anyway, so....

Well after never getting noms as a drama, they did as a comedy last year.

Personally, I fail to see how Shameless is a comedy.

styl3s

Well after never getting noms as a drama, they did as a comedy last year.

Personally, I fail to see how Shameless is a comedy.
Do you not consider dark comedy, comedy? Because Shameless, although a drama is also 100% dark humor. It's a hilarious and depressing show.

Do you not consider dark comedy, comedy? Because Shameless, although a drama is also 100% dark humor. It's a hilarious and depressing show.

It has lots of dark humor in it, but I feel it primarily functions as a dramatic story, not a comedy.

(I know there is a variety of opinions here on the classification of shows, I tend to lean towards the drama side on shows that blur those lines)

Just_one

love The Following , ppl from the US gimme good news please

S4 is a lock? how are the ratings?

to this day i dont understand how alcatraz was cancelled...show had so much potencial...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom