• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beat

Has there ever been a show that aired out of order that wasn't swiftly cancelled?

WHY DO THEY KEEP DOING THIS
Happy Endings S1 was saved by airing out of order. The first few episodes in production order dealt way too much with Dave and Alex fallout nonsense, and if they'd aired that way, people would have believed it was the Dave and Alex show.

I watched liked 7 episodes of Mulaney, thinking each time, the show can't consistently be this terrible right? Proven wrong over and over.

A little late on the reply, but I did not like any of the characters on The Americans (in fact, I found them pretty despicable), and they are not a believable family at all. This is not a judgement on the quality of the show, simply their choice in the characters and how they are presented failed to resonate with me.

I can see that. I find The Americans to ultimately be a hollow show at its core which is why it will never rise above merely good to me. I simply have no emotional investment in any of the characters or plotlines so it's hard to care about what happens no matter how great the acting is.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
In a move that bodes well for President Sanders 2016, Americans are finally coming to their senses?

no

“Empire” has now grown seven consecutive weeks in total viewership since its Jan. 7 premiere: 9.90 million (Jan. 7), 10.32 million (Jan. 14), 11.07 million (Jan. 21), 11.35 million (Jan. 28), 11.47 million (Feb. 4), 11.96 million (Feb. 18), 13.02 million (Feb. 18), 13.90 million and now a preliminary 14.2 million.

And in adults 18-49, it’s been up seven times in those eight weeks: 3.8/11, 4.0/12, 4.4/13, 4.3/13, 4.6/14, 4.8/15; 5.2/15; 5.4/15; and now a 5.8/16.

Haha
This is the first I heard of it, a curious theory, but can see the merit.

Link to it?

http://deadline.com/2015/03/daylight-saving-gloom-live-viewing-declines-ratings-tuesday-1201390578/

Everything was down last night:

CBS
NCIS: 2.1, down -9%
NCIS: New Orleans: 1.6, down -16%
Person Of Interest: 1.4, down -18%

FOX
Hell’s Kitchen: 1.3, down -7%
New Girl (Repeat): 0.7
The Mindy Project: 0.9, down -10%

ABC
Fresh Off The Boat: 1.5, down -12%
Repeat After Me: 1.1, down -8%
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: (1.4, down -13%)
Forever (Repeat): 0.8

NBC
The Voice: 3.6, down -12%
Chicago Fire: 2.1, down -5%

The CW stayed away from the daytime saving doldrums with all repeats.

Penguin

ivysaur12

Banned
Thanks for that
A curious curious thing.

This season has been eye-opening for me.

But I guess since like talking SHIELD, if ABC brings it back for a 3rd season would they try to.. I don't know shake it up or do you think a budget decrease or just leave it as is since has a steady/loyal base?

SHIELD is coming back. And DST kills everything.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/03/2015-tv-shows-cancellation.html?mid=twitter_vulture

Vulture's bubble review. Interesting re: Mindy. Also, heard Forever might come back.

big ander

Mercy killing. Funny thing is I liked every one on the cast but Mulaney

I found one single character likable: Oscar. Mulaney was at least good during the 90 seconds of standup at each opening, which was new and not from the 3 year old New In Town act a whopping 2 or 3 times hooray.
I mean they all seem like they could be decent comedic actors, but Motif was painfully unfunny, Jane was one note and gave Pedrad so little to do (and when a character's main response to any situation on a sitcom is "this is stupid I don't care" you have a problem), Lou Cannon was banal. Andre wasn't too funny either but I still felt Perlman was a discovery through the character, I hope he does something fun.

ivysaur12

Banned
Looks like CBS has handed out the rest of their early renewals.

I imagine it'll be everything save for Stalker, CSI, Battle Creek, and The Odd Couple.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Looks like CBS has handed out the rest of their early renewals.

I imagine it'll be everything save for Stalker, CSI, Battle Creek, and The Odd Couple.

Did they officially cancel the McCarthys yet, did you forget the McCarthys, or did they somehow renew it

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Adjustments -
Almost all 8 PM shows, hit by the kickoff of daylight saving time, got a lift in the finals. NBC’s The Voice (3.8) went up .2, while CBS’ NCIS (2.2) and ABC’s Fresh Off the Boat (1.6) ticked up a tenth. Also inching up a tenth were ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and CBS’ Person of Interest (1.5)

Memles

Let the NeoGAF record show that while my tweet about the Mike and Molly renewal Instagram leak—that sure is a sentence I just wrote with a straight face—is now being used as the source of that information, ivysaur was the one who sent it to me, but I didn't give him credit for doing so in the original tweet, and I feel if I give him credit now I'm implicating him given that the photo's been deleted and CBS is refusing to comment, and I feel really guilty about it all.

In my defense, ivy DID also purposefully poke me into poking the Cancel Bear and losing productive work time, so maybe I don't feel so bad.

Penguin

Let the NeoGAF record show that while my tweet about the Mike and Molly renewal Instagram leak—that sure is a sentence I just wrote with a straight face—is now being used as the source of that information, ivysaur was the one who sent it to me, but I didn't give him credit for doing so in the original tweet, and I feel if I give him credit now I'm implicating him given that the photo's been deleted and CBS is refusing to comment, and I feel really guilty about it all.

In my defense, ivy DID also purposefully poke me into poking the Cancel Bear and losing productive work time, so maybe I don't feel so bad.

So you were the one TVMadJoe retweeted... knew the name seemed familiar

beat

but I didn't give him credit for doing so in the original tweet, and I feel if I give him credit now I'm implicating him given that the photo's been deleted and CBS is refusing to comment, and I feel really guilty about it all.
If anyone asks, just say you got it from "a real-life Hollywood big shot".

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ivy what determines if a netflix series is renewed or not? I mean theres no ratings right?

I need more Kimmy damn it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom