• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dork

Banned
I see no threads or discusions on "secrets and lies". It's like gone girl the tv show. I'm enjoying the first 3 episodes

Nobility

Banned
Please tell me POI has been renewed.

Do it for me CBS.

xjQON6e.gif

Link

The Autumn Wind
What a shame Cougar Town is ending after this season. It's so enjoyable to watch. I hope CBS orders Rush Hour, i need my Bill Lawrence fix.
Seriously? I used to love Cougar Town, but it's been straight garbage this season. At this point, I just want it to end so I can be done with it.

big ander

Seriously? I used to love Cougar Town, but it's been straight garbage this season. At this point, I just want it to end so I can be done with it.

with you. I was one of those singing the show's praises in the earlier seasons-- it literally was Scrubs without the medical pretense. the last two seasons have been shells of their former selves. Well, maybe not as bad as that sounds. I don't think the show is bad. Just killing time.

Link

The Autumn Wind
with you. I was one of those singing the show's praises in the earlier seasons-- it literally was Scrubs without the medical pretense. the last two seasons have been shells of their former selves. Well, maybe not as bad as that sounds. I don't think the show is bad. Just killing time.
Yeah, the previous season was pretty bad too. And I would use the term "bad."

Joni

Does this mean Odd Couple is DOA or that it's too early to call?
Too early to tell, but it is one of the biggest shows on the air in viewers, it was like a 3.0 when it last aired and it fits nicely with The Big Bang. A lot of that is coming out of Big Bang, but a second season seems likely.

Penguin

Ooh John Mulaney, I always forgets that guy's name even though I've heard this same damn "Salt and Pepper Diner" bit several times.

And and for fucks sake Empire! Imagine what this show's ratings could've been 15-30 years ago when more people watched live TV.

Has there ever been a show that aired out of order that wasn't swiftly cancelled?

WHY DO THEY KEEP DOING THIS

Sliders was also aired episodes out of order and oh hey, another show that was on Fox that they screwed up. Fox did that shit for three seasons that it was on their network. Sci-Fi reaired them in the right order though the DVD releases were in the airing order which was annoying.

Kind of interesting that Forever only dropped .2 on a rerun.

And there's a chance Forever might survive Ivy? What kind of odds on that?

Wiktor

Nice to see 12 Monkeys renewed. It was supposed to be bad, but it turned out to be one of the finest SF shows in quite some time.

Is this surprising because it had low viewing figures, is shit, or because the original showrunners were doing a good job?

The plan was always for Chaidez to move on after the first season. It's not unusual for creators with little producing experience to be given a "babysitter" to oversee them and for them to learn from. She is already working on a new Syfy show, so they are clearly happy with her work.

Patryn

I thought so too. Maybe Syfy isn't that confident in any of the other new stuff they have coming up throughout the rest of the year.

I suspect that Ascension bombing probably hit their psyche hard, since they were hyping that up so much in their talk about returning to space sci-fi.

I suspect that Ascension bombing probably hit their psyche hard, since they were hyping that up so much in their talk about returning to space sci-fi.

Sounds logical to me. Whatever my problems with 12 Monkeys it's significantly better than Ascension was.

Lets play a game!

What show is this quote referring to?

Masterclass. In-freakin'-credible! There are not enough superlatives to describe this episode. These writers have mastered tension like no other, to the highest order. I would almost describe it as a melody enganges all five sense, while keeping the palette satisfied.

anyon actually watch the whole season of Mulaney? It got weird and oddly funny to me towards the end. I'm not sure if it was the hipster in me though. It wasn't a great show by any means, but....watching it was interesting.

mm04

I really like 12 Monkeys, so I'm glad to hear the news of renewal. Ivy, is Childhood's End going to be any good? I loved the book when I read it when I was a kid.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The CRTC (Canada's FCC) just dropped the restrictions which require Canadian TV stations to air mostly Canadian content during the daytime. There will still be restrictions for Primetime. But they are also loosening the requirements of what counts as Canadian.

Harper's transformation of Canada's cultural industries is essentially complete.

(paging Memles)

Sober

The CRTC (Canada's FCC) just dropped the restrictions which require Canadian TV stations to air mostly Canadian content during the daytime. There will still be restrictions for Primetime. But they are also loosening the requirements of what counts as Canadian.

Harper's transformation of Canada's cultural industries is essentially complete.

(paging Memles)
Primetime CanCon restrictions? Do any of the other broadcasters that aren't CBC actually air any Canadian produced content at that time or do they just do the bean counter thing and count the number of people working on US produced shows as Canadians to get past that? Cause last I checked most of the private broadcasters like CTV and Global just air US shows during primetime in whatever order they can get them.

Like, before this was anyone besides the CBC really making any Canadian shows, or say, Rogers really only greenlighting 1 show every year to air at 2 in the morning anyway?

Wiktor

(paging Memles)
Was that really a problem? Isn;t lik 99,99% of genre television filmed in Canada anyway? ;)

beat

Primetime CanCon restrictions? Do any of the other broadcasters that aren't CBC actually air any Canadian produced content at that time or do they just do the bean counter thing and count the number of people working on US produced shows as Canadians to get past that? Cause last I checked most of the private broadcasters like CTV and Global just air US shows during primetime in whatever order they can get them.

There's co-productions that probably count as CanCon, and there was that truly atrocious Dave Foley sitcom on CTV before JP Manoux's alleged criminal activities torpedoed it, all primetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom