• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beat

Grace Park is fucking 40. Asian genes are god damn sorcery.

You would probably be surprised to learn how old Ming-Na Wen is, then.
I'm an Asian male, but I fully expect the rapid aging hammer to hit me between 40 and 50.

Perhaps Gotham would've been higher if it had the fucking Batman in it.

I heard (not a cute deflection) that the file name on one of the pirated pilots was "You.Won't.Get.To.See.Batman".

Was pretty damn incredible. I think GAFers and general audiences are really going to connect with Walter. And it's nearly impossible to outshine Katherine McPhee's star. She is like a northern light that guides you to greatness. You'll connect with her and understand her fast, and she looked great in that waitress outfit. The psychology expert was great as the unreliable buddy, like a white Ken Leung. It did have its drawbacks, ghe Asian ladies voice was insufferable and I hope they don't try to outdo themselves with the stakes. CBS has another hit on their hands. Enjoy.

This post is already better than Scorpions will ever be. Bravo!

TheOddOne

i0H0yTZ4Hdn6M.png

Crosspost from scorpion OT.

Was pretty damn incredible. I think GAFers and general audiences are really going to connect with Walter. And it's nearly impossible to outshine Katherine McPhee's star. She is like a northern light that guides you to greatness. You'll connect with her and understand her fast, and she looked great in that waitress outfit. The psychology expert was great as the unreliable buddy, like a white Ken Leung. It did have its drawbacks, ghe Asian ladies voice was insufferable and I hope they don't try to outdo themselves with the stakes. CBS has another hit on their hands. Enjoy.

Can't believe Hawaii 5-0 is going on five seasons......

Glad it wasn't just me but yes, yes it was.

Scorpion felt like a kind of throwback to certain shows of the late-70s, 80s and 90s. It wasn't amazing or anything but it was fun, I enjoyed it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Gotham's demo was about what I thought it'd be, though in total viewers it was a lot lower. Only 8 mil? Meh.

Predictions! (I forgot to do them yesterday)

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 2.2

NCIS: New Orleans - 3.0

Gotham's demo was about what I thought it'd be, though in total viewers it was a lot lower. Only 8 mil? Meh.

Predictions! (I forgot to do them yesterday)

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 2.2

NCIS: New Orleans - 3.0

Bakula putting the Smackula down on SHIELD?

Even though I've never watched an episode of NCIS, and will be watching SHIELD (why!?!?) I can live with that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
holy shit at that The Good Wife premiere, why is this show so good. We dont deserve it, surely it will be canceled this season :(

What was the season order for Scorpion? I'm assuming 13 with the option to extend to a full season?

It'll probably still retain timeslot lead in key demos, but I doubt it's total viewers will stay above 10 million.

adg1034

holy shit at that The Good Wife premiere, why is this show so good. We dont deserve it, surely it will be canceled this season :(

Actually, Les Moonves loves it. Plus, at that point, they'll only have one season left. Plus the prestige. Unless something gigantic happens at CBS, I have to imagine they'll let it play out.

Tamanon

Banned
I actually liked NCIS New Orleans more than NCIS LA. Hopefully it doesn't fall into the same pit where there's a new terrorist attack every week that LA has.

- EW: 'NCIS' spin-off shatters 'SHIELD' return in ratings
Crime-stopper-stuffed Tuesday night had no less than six procedural dramas debuting. Some were familiar, some were brand new. Here’s who came out on top in the ratings in the key adult demo:

– CBS’ NCIS (18 million viewers, 2.9 rating among adults 18-49): This show has been on 12 years now, yet once again NCIS returned in the lead in its usual 8 p.m. slot.

– NBC’s Chicago Fire (9.4 million, 2.7): Yes, Chicago Fire! Granted, the soapy drama series has a huge lead-in from The Voice, but as I always point out: Nobody is forced to watch a TV show, a series still needs to earn the bulk of its audience. Last night Chicago Fire manage to tie last year’s strong premiere at 10 p.m. — which is really impressive and isn’t common nowadays.

– NCIS: New Orleans (17.1 million, 2.5): This is a respectable premiere in the demo for the latest NCIS spin-off at 9 p.m., yet the performance is down 17 percent from the return of NCIS: LA last fall. Among total viewers, however, NCIS: NO now takes the crown from CBS’ Madam Secretary as the most-watched new fall debut.

– Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD (5.6 million, 1.9): Given how much erosion the SHIELD team endured its first season, nobody expected the Marvel super-powered drama to return anywhere close to its series debut. Still, its 60 percent drop is so steep. In the 9 p.m. hour, NCIS: NO easily beat SHIELD, though the CBS drama benefited from a stronger lead-in with the NCIS mothership vs. Agent Coulson’s Dancing with the Stars results show opener.

Ithil

I can't imagine Disney will ever cancel Agents of SHIELD unless it does like bottom tier numbers, it's great for branding the MCU.

Jigorath

Banned
Pretty low for Shield. If it keeps dropping it's going to be cancelled this season. No Marvel movies coming out soon to boost ratings either.

I actually liked NCIS New Orleans more than NCIS LA. Hopefully it doesn't fall into the same pit where there's a new terrorist attack every week that LA has.

Isn't that like preferring a fart to a steaming turd? I don't watch NCIS, so please understand.

mjc

Pretty low for Shield. If it keeps dropping it's going to be cancelled this season. No Marvel movies coming out soon to boost ratings either.

Nah they'll keep it rolling regardless unless ratings really dump. I imagine a lot of people DVR it and watch on Hulu the day after too. Not anything to worry about.

It hasn't "kept dropping." Its ratings have been very stable since last December.

Whether that holds true next week, we'll see. If the ratings do start dropping again, though, I'm not exactly convinced that synergy will save it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom