• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Deadline said:
Jeong’s semi-autobiographical comedy, a co-production between Sony TV and ABC Studios, had been eyed as a potential companion of Last Man Standing on Friday.

Welp, you called it, Ivy.

Sober

Won't somebody think of the children! Immortals!

I guess they will have to go back to being 1000 year old prepubescent girls over on gaming side.

danielcw

Because they're awful and aggressively mean spirited.
You already explained to me, why you think TVBTN is mean spirited, and I won't disagree there. But, to be honest, this thread sometimes feels more mean spirited to me, than TVBTN ever did.

Because they're a terrible site that makes terrible predictions.
Really?! I thought their track record is pretty good.
And even when they are wrong, they show their reasoning, how they got there.

ivysaur12

Banned
You already explained to me, why you think TVBTN is mean spirited, and I won't disagree there. But, to be honest, this thread sometimes feels more mean spirited to me, than TVBTN ever did.

Really?! I thought their track record is pretty good.
And even when they are wrong, they show their reasoning, how they got there.

No one in this thread openly mocks fans of shows, except dead souls, but that's his thing.

Like no one here said that anyone who thought Forever would come back is mentally handicapped.

No one in this thread openly mocks fans of shows, except dead souls, but that's his thing.

Like no one here said that anyone who thought Forever would come back is mentally handicapped.

OH REALLY MOFUCKA
#Hearties #Shifties
I'm onto you, ivy! YOU AND YOUR SCHEMES

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Literally there is one person who earnestly thinks this and hopefully she'll be working at the Olive Garden in Encino next year.

(Yes. That was mean spirited. But deservedly so)

FVmJfu6.gif

Here's the thing: if you pay attention to ratings and get the general idea of syndication, it's not hard to have a 90% batting average when predicting renewals and cancellations. But TVBTN places WAY too much value in syndication at times when it doesn't really matter (thinking it would save The Millers at the start of its second season, thinking POI is 100% guaranteed a renewal) and on top of all of that, they do so much shitty editorializing, belittling fans of certain shows, and are generally extremely cocky and arrogant. And on top of all of that, their commenters are pretty terrible too (though it's less noticeable now that they use a voting system).

danielcw

point taken, I guess you're right :(

I rarely saw it as mockery.
Maybe because when I read it in article I gloss over such things and try to focus on the facts, conclusions, etc.

That being said, until I find another site, that makes acceptable predictions while giving a reasoning, I will continue to read TVBTN.
Is there an alternative?

VanWinkle

AGENT CARTER AND GALAVANT. Oh my goodness. I love you, ABC. Hope they are full season. Or, heck, even 13 episode seasons would be better than the tiny ones we got.

point taken, I guess you're right :(

I rarely saw it as mockery.
Maybe because when I read it in article I gloss over such things and try to focus on the facts, conclusions, etc.

That being said, until I find another site, that makes acceptable predictions while giving a reasoning, I will continue to read TVBTN.
Is there an alternative?
There is.
This thread.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
How in the sam hill did American Crime get renewed? How does it make financial sense?

Woot! Carter's a bit surprising, but cool. ABC must have liked how the strategy worked out with putting miniseries on the schedule while bigger series took midseason breaks (considering Galavant was renewed, too, and it aired during Once Upon a Time's break.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom