• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Here is the full list, which is missing veteran comedy LAST MAN STANDING as its renewal is still being worked out:

“CASTLE” (Season 8)

“GREY’S ANATOMY” (Season 12)

“HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER” (Season 2)

“MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.” (Season 3)

“NASHVILLE” (Season 4)

“ONCE UPON A TIME” (Season 5)

“SCANDAL” (Season 5)

“AMERICAN CRIME” (Season 2)

“SECRETS AND LIES” (Season 2)

“MARVEL’S AGENT CARTER” (Season 2)

“black-ish” (Season 2)

“FRESH OFF THE BOAT” (Season 2)

“THE GOLDBERGS” (Season 3)

“THE MIDDLE” (Season 7)

“MODERN FAMILY” (Season 7)

“GALAVANT” (Season 2)

“AMERICA’S FUNNIEST HOME VIDEOS” (Season 26)

“THE BACHELOR” (Season 20)

“DANCING WITH THE STARS” (Season 21)

“SHARK TANK” (Season 7)

“BEYOND THE TANK” (Season 2)

“20/20”

styl3s

American Crime, Carter and Shield?
pNOLG8E.gif

Patryn

I actually was thinking of watching Forever, but I was waiting to see if it got a second season.

Guess I don't need to bother.

danielcw

Something official about Galvant?
Happy, and surprised, for Agent Carter.

If Agent Carter apparently worked, will ABC try more bridge series or more hours with original programming and less repeats?

There is.
This thread.
I am already subscribed to this thread.
But I rarely see explanations for predictions here. Maybe I just missed the good stuff.

(thinking it would save The Millers at the start of its second season, thinking POI is 100% guaranteed a renewal)
[...]
their commenters are pretty terrible too (though it's less noticeable now that they use a voting system).

IIRC their reasoning for the Millers wasn't syndication, but CBS studios and the network trying to push a show to success (of which syndication would be a part). I actually disagreed there. But for the same reason I disagreed there, I would not have expected Agent Carter to be renewed.

I am one of their commenters there, and there are a few people I found there and now follow via Disqus.

Sober

I actually was thinking of watching Forever, but I was waiting to see if it got a second season.

The show closed out without a cliffhanger and tied off all it's mythology points. So if you're still interested, you aren't gonna feel disappointed getting to the end. But whatevs I guess.

I was actually thinking the same thing, only with Galavant. Time to watch the entire first season in one binge! Woo!

Also yay for Agent Carter, SHIELD, and Castle returning - the only shows on ABC I watched this past season. Although I think I may start watching Fresh Off the Boat since I've heard it's good.

VanWinkle

These are the network shows I watched in the 2014-2015 season:

Fresh Off the Boat
The Last Man on Earth
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
The Goldbergs
Agent Carter
The Flash
Galavant

And all of them are now renewed! I really lucked out, lol.

Loudninja

Fresh Off the Boat
The Last Man on Earth
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
The Goldbergs
Agent Carter
The Flash
Galavant

Oh Brooklyn Nine-Nine is renewed as well?

Nice.

Kaladin

Fresh Off the Boat
The Last Man on Earth
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
The Goldbergs
Agent Carter
The Flash
Galavant

How did Last Man On Earth get renewed?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So they didn't pick up either of the new Marvel projects they had in development? Am I reading this right?

They haven't said one way or the other yet, though seeing as how they renewed almost all their existing shows and picked up 6 new dramas + 3 comedies, I don't think it's looking good? Unless they're considering them for summer?

G0523

I walk away for a couple of hours and ABC reveals its renewals and cancellations. Typical ABC announcing stuff late in the night. But that's great about all of the renewals! Seems like they cancelled a lot less this year compared to previous years.

styl3s

That's such a weird attitude to have.
It's weird for people who have little free time to choose their shows wisely so they don't waste said time?

I purposely don't want 90% of new shows until a renewal because i don't want to waste my time investing into characters and stories only to have no resolution or to have it end abruptly. I could spend that time watching something else.

It's weird for people who have little free time to choose their shows wisely so they don't waste said time?

I purposely don't want 90% of new shows until a renewal because i don't want to waste my time investing into characters and stories only to have no resolution or to have it end abruptly. I could spend that time watching something else.
Forever had a resolution though.
Also: Just because a show has a second season doesn't mean it will make it to a third season.

ivysaur12

Banned
My guess is that the Marvel shows would come later, but they already have sooooo many dramas.

Also -- looks like Last Man Standing will get renewed, but they're hashing out the details. Uncle Buck is the only comedy still alive.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Maybe the Marvel shows are getting punted to Hulu as part of the ongoing desperate bid to increase that service's subscription base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom