• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EulaCapra

Holy shit, ABC showed a lot of mercy!

I really enjoyed Agent Carter and Galavant too so thank god. And I guess I should be checking out American Crime now too.

ElRenoRaven

I'm fine with the Mockingbird spinoff being dead, because those characters fit well on SHIELD. However I really hope the Ridley/Ms. Marvel rumors come to fruition.

Yup. I'm ok with that spinoff being dead. They work great on AOS. Glad as hell to see both AOS and Carter renewed. Also let me say hell yea Galavant!!!!

mm04

Count me in on the glad the SHIELD spin-off won't happen group. I like the cast the way it is. No need to dilute it.

So it's safe to trust that the spin off is actually dead? Not that I question the validity of Deadline.. just usually the "i'm hearing" type of stuff is technically still in the air.

Though I suppose it being on Deadline makes that more likely right than not.

I'm not disappointed but I would've liked to hear what the premise was.

Patryn

So it's safe to trust that the spin off is actually dead? Not that I question the validity of Deadline.. just usually the "i'm hearing" type of stuff is technically still in the air.

Though I suppose it being on Deadline makes that more likely right than not.

I'm not disappointed but I would've liked to hear what the premise was.
It was supposed to be centered around Bobbi (Mockingbird) and Lance Hunter.

They couldn't break up the Coulson,Fitz and Hunter.

So the Arrow/Flash spin off is that going to be a mid season thing?

Also please be alive Constantine.

It was supposed to be centered around Bobbi (Mockingbird) and Lance Hunter.

I'm aware. That's not exactly a premise though. Were they going to be freelance/for hire? Part of another SHIELD team? Etc..

SHIELD spinoff nickname rings true just from having the character originate there.

Ceres

Banned
Good year for me. Wasn't expecting more agent carter or galavant and just started watching fresh off the boat 2 weeks ago on a whim.
Plus izombie was already renewed.

ivysaur12

Banned
*whistles*

7iJrtzO.png

anaron

thank god the spinoff didn't go through. it's way too early I feel to do when AoS has become so good and Mockingbird being such a good addition.

yay for AC, too!

Kaladin

You know, I was pleasantly surprised by American Crime. There are times where it feels like it's trying to cram too many issues into one show, but the acting and the story keeps me interested.

Carter is basically a very undefendable criminal, and he very likely did this even, but the show spins all it's stories it in a way that creates sympathy even for the most fucked up characters.

Barrage

Dr. Ken got picked up?

I can see Dave Foley getting the text, saying "seeya boys!' and jumping out of a moving car while the rest of the Kids In The Hall plummet off a cliff.

Meh. I'm not really an Agent Carter fan, but I'd much rather watch another short season of that than the SHIELD spinoff, so I guess ABC made the right call.

Spinning off SHIELD was a monumentally stupid idea. I'm glad ABC didn't do that.

Toothless

Yay, Galavant was renewed!!

Disney needs to put the season up somewhere I can watch it; I loved the first two episodes but fell behind as I typically do :/

Hobbun

Forever :(

Although happy to see Shield, Agent Carter and Nashville renewed.

I wonder if Agent Carter will be an abbreviated season again or will be a full one like Shield.

Forever :(

Although happy to see Shield, Agent Carter and Nashville renewed.

I wonder if Agent Carter will be an abbreviated season again or will be a full one like Shield.

I hope it's abbreviated and I hope it's a lot more interesting. The cast is great but the writers only managed about one solid episode's worth of quality stuff spread out over the entire eight.

Hobbun

I hope it's abbreviated and I hope it's a lot more interesting. The cast is great but the writers only managed about one solid episode's worth of quality stuff spread out over the entire eight.

I really enjoyed Agent Carter. If they don't do a full 22 season order, I'm fine with that. But I definitely would like to see more than 8. I would be happy with a 13 episode order.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

That's almost as much as Arrow's managed to do over 22 episodes this season.

That's almost as much as Arrow's managed to do over 22 episodes this season.

This season of Arrow has been weak, but I still found it way more entertaining than Agent Carter.

When Arrow is bad you can lol at it and still have some fun, long stretches of Carter were just boring.

Sober

Marvel's Sex Crimes coming to CBS this fall!
maybe the first episode will be about that stupid norman osborne/gwen stacy strip that everyone posts in marvel threads but no one ever explains it like people who don't voraciously consume comic books even understands the context of it

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Forever is dead huh? Not unexpected, and i can't say I'm that bummed out. It was a "guilty pleasure" type deal, nothing else.

Not sure if I'll even finish it now tbh, I'm a few eps behind, especially if it ends on a cliffhanger

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
maybe the first episode will be about that stupid norman osborne/gwen stacy strip that everyone posts in marvel threads but no one ever explains it like people who don't voraciously consume comic books even understands the context of it

Link?

Joni

It seems like the television networks have realized it is nonsense to cancel everything that is not a smash hit when you can only launch so many good new shows. Maybe going forward we'll have less cancellations, a lot more packed schedules and another golden age for television.

It is too bad Julie Plec is spoiling both The Originals and The Vampire Diaries this way. She cast both her villains. I'll love seeing more of them. Also great they picked up Hanna Mangan Lawrence.

I will laugh when they have almost no black people
In bold are the black actors. That's 25 percent of the cast. (Atlanta is 54 percent black. Could have swapped at least two more white actors with black ones.)
They also have Claudia Black. That has to count for something.

I'm genuinely confused about American Crime. Help?
Easier to keep small shows than to launch new ones? They have to pair something up with How To Get Away With Murder.

It seems like the television networks have realized it is nonsense to cancel everything that is not a smash hit when you can only launch so many good new shows. Maybe going forward we'll have less cancellations, a lot more packed schedules and another golden age for television.

I don't think anything broadcast does can really determine whether or not we're in another golden age since almost every truly great show (with a few exceptions) is on cable.

jmood88

It's weird for people who have little free time to choose their shows wisely so they don't waste said time?

I purposely don't want 90% of new shows until a renewal because i don't want to waste my time investing into characters and stories only to have no resolution or to have it end abruptly. I could spend that time watching something else.
It's weird to think that a show has to have more than one season is a waste of time. In fact, one would think that if someone is so busy that they make a strategy to watch shows that that person would want to watch the shows with fewer seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom