• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

I'm enjoying American Crime although a few of the plots are starting to wear thin.

Shocked at it being renewed. It was always in my "enjoy it while it lasts" pile.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Today is Fox day, right?

I want to know what those sly devils are up to.

Fox is one of the more boring ones, imo. Pretty much everything has already been renewed, and the fates of the ones that haven't seem pretty clear.

They have 'The Grindr', 'The Guide to Surviving Life', 'Grandfathered', and 'Rosewood' ordered to series, with the general consensus that 'Minority Report', 'Frankenstein', and 'Lucifer' are soon to follow.

'Detour', 'Fantasy Life', '48 Hours ‘Til Monday', 'The Perfect Stanleys', and 'Studio City' are all dead.

The only one of their pilots that is still in contention is their 'Luther' remake.

Vert boil

galavant1sfse9.gif

;((( for Cristela and Forever.

Sober

I'm doing this in email (so quote to see it and then go to the links), but here's an example of how much of a hack Tom Kapinos is. First page of Dead People and Lucifer. First. Fucking. Page.

I was bored. I tried to make the joke funny (check the email tags). I don't know if it's possible.

Nudull

Banned
I am what you would consider someone trying to be a writer.

Reading those excerpts from Dead People and Lucifer kills me inside.

Deadline what are you doing
WBTV is known for trying to save its shows — something it recently did successfully with cancelled A&E drama Longmire – so Forever will likely be shopped to other outlets.
Also, per Deadline and creator's Twitter Studio City will be looking for a new network.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I was bored. I tried to make the joke funny (check the email tags). I don't know if it's possible.

it's ... better than the other version. Delivery may be able to sell it, perhaps with the right "quirky" music, which is more than could be said for the other treatment.

I did OK with ABC only 1 on my shows got cancelled R.I.P Revenge but Agent Carter, Agents of Shield, The Middle, How To Get Away With Murder & Scandal all got renewed

I will miss you Revenge :(

Shahadan

So happy about Agent Carter's renewal :D

What's Galavant and why are you all so happy about that? Sounds like some prince charming or something.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Law and Order : FURY

In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the police, who investigate normies; and S.H.I.E.L.D., who prosecute the bad motherfuckers. These are their stories. *DOINK-DOINK*?

Wiktor

Yay about Carter. It looks like it came to either it or Shield spin-off and if so then I'm glad Carter won. I like it more than AoS and most of all, it brings more variety than a spin-off would.

Sad about Forever. It never was a show I followed like crazy, but it was dependable, well acted and written procedural with a fun supernatural twist that elevated it over most similiar shows.

danielcw

So now that the dust has settled:
Can somebody explain, why Galavant and Agent Carter were renewed?

He's such a coward for disabling the comments under his final prediction posts. You put yourself out there, you ought to accept what comes from that.
That's surprising, but I expect there will be a follow-up post, when all upfronts are done

styl3s

It's weird to think that a show has to have more than one season is a waste of time. In fact, one would think that if someone is so busy that they make a strategy to watch shows that that person would want to watch the shows with fewer seasons.
Most shows that got cancelled in season 1 aren't worth watching IMO. Not every show is a cult hit or so good it should of survived.

If a show is structured to have a beginning, middle and end like a American Crime or True Detective or American Horror Story where each season is contained to that season i am all for watching it but i don't want to was 13-24 episodes on something that isn't in that format, getting attached to characters and getting only somewhat closure when i can spend those episodes catching up on shows i actually like and that are still running. Not really hard logic to follow, a lot of people feel this way. If you want watch it that's fine but i don't like getting attached to something only to have it ripped away from me and it's why i rarely watch new shows until it's renewed/canceled.

Patryn

Guessing Carter lived because they chose not to do the SHIELD spinoff and they don't want to piss off the Marvel part of Disney.

Galavant I have no idea.

My wife is legit shook over Mindy getting cancelled. She absolutely loved that show. We don't get Hulu in Canada so that makes it worse!

Guessing Carter lived because they chose not to do the SHIELD spinoff and they don't want to piss off the Marvel part of Disney.

Galavant I have no idea.

Not sure if I read it here or elsewhere but I thought I saw reference that the Mavel shows do really well internationally.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

I imagine because ABC liked having original programming in January and February while their bigger shows took midseason breaks. Neither show averaged below a 1.0, so they weren't complete disasters; they probably did significantly better than ABC thinks running repeats of OUAT and SHIELD would do.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What about Mindy show's does Hulu find lucrative?

Hulu currently has a bus advertising campaign for Deadbeat, a show with sub-Canadian tier budget about the guy from Ringer and Breaker High as a stoner ghost medium.

This is their highest profile original show.

Edit: this guy's shows are so low profile I forgot he was part of Reaper's cast. LOL. Mixed up my CW shows.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Hulu currently has a bus advertising campaign for Deadbeat, a show with sub-Canadian tier budget about the guy from Ringer and Breaker High as a stoner ghost medium.

Hey man, not everyone can be Ryan Gosling :p

Breaker High was.. something else.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I stand by my statement that Agent Carter should be a summer show.

Tucah

you speak so well

He also has a best friend name Roofie.

G0523

Edit: this guy's shows are so low profile I forgot he was part of Reaper's cast. LOL. Mixed up my CW shows.
He was also in Sons of Tuscon on Fox. Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom