• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, yeah, but that feels like the idea. Also, I love things set in Vegas just because I think it lends itself to really interesting key art and opening credits. Cheesy, right? But it's a fun motif to play with.
Where will they shoot The Player? Pilot is shot in Vegas, but on some list of pilots, i think it was The Hollywood Reporter i saw that the show's filming locations are Las Vegas and i think the second one is Albuquerque. So will they move there after the pilot? Or they will shoot in Vegas and in Albuquerque?

Hobbun

Hearing that Person of Interest, Blue Bloods, CSI: Cyber, and Elementary are safe. Probably the end of Hawaii Five-0.

Really hope that's not the case for Hawaii Five-0. It has gone downhill a bit this season, but still fun to watch.

They need to resolve the
Gabrielle
storyline and now Catherine is back.

Palmer_v1

Maybe Hawaii 5.0 will live on like Chuck, via Microsoft product tie ins. Every call they make is on a Windows phone, every record search a Surface. Shoot bad guys? Nope, throw Zunes like ninja stars.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Maybe Hawaii 5.0 will live on like Chuck, via Microsoft product tie ins. Every call they make is on a Windows phone, every record search a Surface. Shoot bad guys? Nope, throw Zunes like ninja stars.

They already have the Subway deal down, just like Chuck.

We need a compilation of all of Hawaii Five-0's dreadful product placement. It would be hilarious.

EDIT: Beaten like the "Is Chin corrupt or not" plot line they do all the time.

Just watched the NBC pilot trailers - Blindspot and The Player both look good, funny that the two Strike Back guys both got shows on NBC. Will probably try out both of them, but don't have faith they'll get more than a season because it's NBC.

People Are Talking was actually...kind of funny? I was surprised.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
She's already not going to be in four episodes next season. Plus they're already filming now because of her pregnancy. So that can't be it.
How the fuck can she not be in four episodes?
Seriously. She is the New Girl. Fortunately the rest of the cast can carry the show for a little bit, but still. I wonder how she'll be written out. And if it'll be at the end of the season like when Lilly left HIMYM early on to have a baby and they just had Marshal and her break up. Though the had her in some quick scenes so she was never completely gone. Why not do that with Zooey?

New Girl without the new girl would be like Laverne and Shirley without Shirley.... oh wait. It'd be like Welcome Back Kotter without Kott-- wait. That one doesn't work either. Like I Love Lucy without Lucy... am I safe with that one? I believe so. Good.

G0523

How the fuck can she not be in four episodes?

Seriously. She is the New Girl. Fortunately the rest of the cast can carry the show for a little bit, but still. I wonder how she'll be written out. And if it'll be at the end of the season like when Lilly left HIMYM early on to have a baby and they just had Marshal and her break up. Though the had her in some quick scenes so she was never completely gone. Why not do that with Zooey?

New Girl without the new girl would be like Laverne and Shirley without Shirley.... oh wait. It'd be like Welcome Back Kotter without Kott-- wait. That one doesn't work either. Like I Love Lucy without Lucy... am I safe with that one? I believe so. Good.
There are spoilers from the last episode of season 4 so if you haven't watched it yet I wouldn't click on it:
http://www.refinery29.com/2015/05/86949/zooey-deschanel-new-girl-season-five-spoilers#.mnptc9:skBH

Deschanel, who is pregnant with her first child, will be missing from four episodes when the series returns this fall. The storyline will accommodate her absence by sequestering Jess in jury duty and looping her into the plotline another way.

“The idea behind it was to be able to do those pastel courtroom sketches, so you could still see her in the jury,” said Meriwether. “It's a little weird, but we're having fun with it.”

With Jess gone for a while, New Girl will be able to turn the focus on characters who don’t usually get to take center stage; apparently, there’s an all-dudes episode coming our way.

Personally, I think it's gonna be more entertaining on how they're going to hide her belly. I don't think any show has ever done this successfully.

Wiktor

On Arrow a hacker girl just threw Surface straight into ninja's heck :D He didn't went down because of it, but still awesome product placement :D

ivysaur12

Banned
Final prediction with this new #vitalinformation on New Girl:

Sunday:

7:30 - Bob's
8 - The Simpsons
8:30 - Last Man on Earth
9 - Family Guy
9:30 - BORDERTOWN

Monday:

8 - Gotham
9 - MINORITY REPORT

Tuesday:

8 - SCREAM QUEENS
9 - THE GRINDER
9:30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Wednesday:

8 - Empire
9 - ROSEWOOD

Thursday:

8 - Bones
9 - THE FRANKENSTEIN CODE

Fridays:

8 - Gordon Ramsey
9 - Gordon Ramsey

Early 2016, Gotham goes on a 6-week hiatus (that allows it to run almost uninterrupted this season) where The X-Files will re-launch at 8, leading into the re-launch of Sleepy Hollow on Mondays.

Midseason, Tuesdays are:

8 - New Girl
8:30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine
9 - The Grinder
9:30 - GRANDFATHERED

The Guide to Surviving Life is slotted midseason on Sunday, probably taking Bordertown's place because you can't produce a back 9 for a first season animated comedy.

This feels like you're leaving Thursdays to die, and Frankenstein doesn't feel like a strong enough brand. It *could* be Sleepy Hollow/Frankenstein, and then Bones on Friday.

EulaCapra

Personally, I think it's gonna be more entertaining on how they're going to hide her belly. I don't think any show has ever done this successfully.
Underrated, but they hid Ugly Betty's Ana Ortiz's pregnancy pretty well--like, Beyonce conspiracy well. I'm going to say Parks and Rec's Amy Poehler for the most part too and Tina Fey on 30 Rock (but not Jane Krakowski's lol). And if not for her fuller face, I'd say Scandal did pretty well in trying to cloak Kerry Washington with her usual wardrobe and camera parlor tricks.

Look at this (non) pregnant woman sit!
chairdive.gif

ivysaur12

Banned
Underrated, but they hid Ugly Betty's Ana Ortiz's pregnancy pretty well--like, Beyonce conspiracy well. I'm going to say Parks and Rec's Amy Poehler for the most part too and Tina Fey on 30 Rock (but not Jane Krakowski's lol). And if not for her fuller face, I'd say Scandal did pretty well in trying to cloak Kerry Washington with her usual wardrobe and camera parlor tricks.

Look at this (non) pregnant woman sit!
chairdive.gif

I wouldn't call anything they ddi in Scandal with her pregnancy well-handled :p

Lamp

3.14-cyrus-lanp1.gif

Lamp

3.15-lamp.gif

Chair

3.13-another-chair1.gif

Lamp

3.12-lamp1.gif

Eagle

3.12-eagle1.gif

This one is genius: Mellie's head AND Cryus's arm

0f21009db.gif

Last Man Standing renewed

Wait, Last Man Standing is still on? I only remember it looking horrible when it premiered and just kinda assumed it got cancelled after the first season.

Also, this will apparently be its FIFTH season? Holy crap, I didn't realize it was that long ago. Time flies.

Dereck

Wait, Last Man Standing is still on? I only remember it looking horrible when it premiered and just kinda assumed it got cancelled after the first season.

Also, this will apparently be its FIFTH season? Holy crap, I didn't realize it was that long ago. Time flies.
You had me confused there, I kept thinking Last Man on Earth which just started.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Seconds ago, the local Fox affiliate here had a "BREAKING NEWS" alert out of a commercial break to say that American Idol is ending after next season. I shit you not :lol

Penguin

"We'd be crazy to move it."--Fox chief Gary Walden on #EmpireFOX, confirming 18 eps for S2, split into two cycles.
#Lucifer will launch out of #XFiles in February and then air with #Gotham in late winter/spring.
#NewGirl currently slotted to return Tuesdays at 9 after #ScreamQueens #Upfronts2015

Seems FOX Upfront stuff

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
What's the chances of hearing anything about Constantine might being picked up by any other networkshow/CW this week or anytime soon? I am really hoping it at here.

Wiktor

N ice to see Lucifer having a lot more time before it launches. With all the shake ups behind it the additional time will surely be beneficial. I really hope they pull it off. And putting it first with X-Files and then with Gotham? Nice. Seems Fox has a lot of faith in it.
What's the chances of hearing anything about Constantine might being picked up by any other networkshow/CW as a chance? I am really hoping it at here.

Not anytime soon. I think the actors are on contract untill july, so we should here one way or another by then. The showrunner is pretty open, so if hope dies he likely won't string us along.

Penguin

And here's FOX's full schedule

MONDAY
8 p.m. — Gotham

9 p.m. — Minority Report

TUESDAY
8 p.m. — Grandfathered

8:30 p.m. — The Grinder

9 p.m. — Scream Queens

WEDNESDAY
8 p.m.— Rosewood

9 p.m.— Empire

THURSDAY
8 p.m.— Bones

9 p.m.— Sleepy Hollow

FRIDAY
8 p.m.— MasterChef Junior

9 p.m.— World’s Funniest

SATURDAY
8 p.m.— College Football

SUNDAY
7:30 p.m.— Bob’s Burgers

8 p.m.— The Simpsons

8:30 p.m.— Brooklyn Nine-Nine

9 p.m.— Family Guy

9:30 p.m.— The Last Man on Earth

http://www.vulture.com/2015/05/scream-queens-will-anchor-a-totally-new-tuesday.html

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I knew they'd move Empire to 9 p.m. for the higher viewership hour.

Bit of a wash for Ivy's predictions — got some stuff right, got some stuff wrong.

kulapik

LOL at Bordertown being left out for a second year.

Edit: Nevermind, midseason 2016 it is. It was delayed once again, though

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
How many episodes did Last Man on Earth get picked up for? Because I don't think the premise could stretch beyond 8-10 episodes per season without overstaying its welcome.

Palmer_v1

How many episodes did Last Man on Earth get picked up for? Because I don't think the premise could stretch beyond 8-10 episodes per season without overstaying its welcome.

Has Phil gone back to being likeable yet? Once he stopped being a sympathetic character, I stopped watching.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Has Phil gone back to being likeable yet? Once he stopped being a sympathetic character, I stopped watching.
I think the last few episodes garnered him some sympathy, although I wouldn't say he necessarily became likable again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom