• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hope one of them isn't missing for like half a season again -.-
spoilers for last season
but man season finale was hilarious, they went to drop a nuke from a helicopter and then outran the blast, so over the top

also loved the guy with the shrimps going "woah I thought it's a bomb, this is so much worse"
Yeah. Steve Caan flew back to LA a lot to his kid.

Season finale sure was something. Do they not know that the ocean will be full of radiation?
"James Bond, my ass".

ivysaur12

Banned
IVY'S ABC SCHEDULE, FINALLY GUESS:

Sunday:

8 - Once Upon a Time
9 - OIL
10 - Nashville

Monday:

8 - Dancing With The Stars
10 - Castle

Tuesday:

8 - The Middle
8:30 - Fresh Off the Boat
9 - SHIELD
10 - QUANTICO

Wednesday:

8 - The Goldbergs
8:30 - black-ish
9 - Modern Family
9:30 - THE MUPPETS
10 - THE CATCH

Thursday:

8 - Grey's
9 - Scandal
10 - HTGAWM

Friday:

8 - Last Man Standing
8:30 - DR. KEN
9 - Shark Tank
10 - 20/20

Saty

So, what's the most surprising renewals so far, and what's the reason for them being surprising? It's American Crime and Galavant i gather? Did their numbers not make a business sense? Was all data pointing to cancellation? If so, why were they renewed? Did the network have data that was more positive regarding the show or is it case of good-will, against-the-odds renewal, giving the show a second chance and hoping it does better?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The Player on NBC looks kinda cool, IMO. Worth trying out an episode or two, anyway. Mid-season's Superstore looks like it has potential, too. Minority Report on Fox has a chance of turning out OK.

Not much else catching my eye. I'm with you on checking out The Muppets, though.

The Player's a kinda neat concept. Could work for a movie or something. I just lose interest if it's a procedure, with some new crime to be foiled each week.

Minority Report as a sequel to the movie delivers a whole host of problems in my mind. Let's start with the fact that the movie concluded the pre-crime situation was both fundamentally flawed and ethically dubious, and that the pre-cog featured in this show was one of the weaker ones more likely to be wrong. So... why do I want to watch this guy get involved with fighting crime? Maybe a trailer was answer some of this, but I expect a procedural that papers over all these questions so the audience can cheer when the 'good guys' stop the 'bad guys'.

Sober

So, what's the most surprising renewals so far, and what's the reason for them being surprising? It's American Crime and Galavant i gather? Did their numbers not make a business sense? Was all data pointing to cancellation? If so, why were they renewed? Did the network have data that was more positive regarding the show or is it case of good-will, against-the-odds renewal, giving the show a second chance and hoping it does better?
Honestly not surprised too much from American Crime despite it being up in the air. I'm sure ABC wants to get into the attracting "prestige" creative game by showing they'll keep John Ridley's show on the air for at least another season.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I think that's a damn good-looking schedule.

Why Muppets so late? I imagine they'll put it earlier because even though they're calling it "adult," pretty sure it'll will appeal to families in general.

So that it gets the Modern Family lead-in audience.

Minority Report as a sequel to the movie delivers a whole host of problems in my mind. Let's start with the fact that the movie concluded the pre-crime situation was both fundamentally flawed and ethically dubious, and that the pre-cog featured in this show was one of the weaker ones more likely to be wrong. So... why do I want to watch this guy get involved with fighting crime? Maybe a trailer was answer some of this, but I expect a procedural that papers over all these questions so the audience can cheer when the 'good guys' stop the 'bad guys'.

I don't have a ton of hope for Minority Report, but I'm willing to give it a shot... keeping in mind that it's Fox, so if I do end up liking it, it'll inevitably be canceled after 13 episodes.

ivysaur12

Banned
Why Muppets so late? I imagine they'll put it earlier because even though they're calling it "adult," pretty sure it'll will appeal to families in general.

Because they're going to launch it in the fall, and they literally have 2 places to do it, and Modern Family is their #1 comedy.

strafer

hope one of them isn't missing for like half a season again -.-
spoilers for last season
but man season finale was hilarious, they went to drop a nuke from a helicopter and then outran the blast, so over the top

also loved the guy with the shrimps going "woah I thought it's a bomb, this is so much worse"

Lamest finale they've ever done. Didn't feel like a finale, just a random episode.

G0523

Because they're going to launch it in the fall, and they literally have 2 places to do it, and Modern Family is their #1 comedy.

I would think The Muppets would be a self-starter, no? Airing it behind Modern Family kinda makes sense but at the same time it doesn't since it's supposed to appeal more towards kids.

Joni

The networks are probably starting to see they can more profit by programming more original shows than by airing re-runs.

ivysaur12

Banned
I would think The Muppets would be a self-starter, no? Airing it behind Modern Family kinda makes sense but at the same time it doesn't since it's supposed to appeal more towards kids.

Yes, but also, with the nostalgia factor of the show plus how few timeslots ABC has, I dunno.

Maybe it'll be Tuesdays at 8: Muppets, Fresh Off the Boat, and Wednesday stays exactly the same. But black-ish was hit very hard by Empire. So it could be:

Tuesday:

8 - Muppets
8:30 - Fresh Off the Boat

Wednesday:

8 - The Middle
8:30 - black-ish
9 - Modern Family
9:30 - The Goldbergs

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Thank goodness!
And ivy too.

I'm now wondering about Elementary though.

Sober

Grinder/Grandfathered are yeah ... sure, douchey well off white men who want to be better people. It's doable but whatever for me, really.

Lucifer/Minority Report/Frankenstein Code are all genre crime procedurals that will just have to depend on how hard they lean on their mythology (FC looks less mythology, more mystery though) IMO.

Rosewood is just a standard detective/ME show, trailer doesn't give me a great picture but looks like good chemistry at least.

Sober

Tom Ellis is charming as fuck. Holy hell.
They drop or massively rewrite that leaked script for Lucifer, I'm guessing?

Also Minority Report actually seems interesting in motion but the male lead does not look like lead material. Wouldn't be surprised if that tanks the show?

They drop or massively rewrite that leaked script for Lucifer, I'm guessing?

Also Minority Report actually seems interesting in motion but the male lead does not look like lead material. Wouldn't be surprised if that tanks the show?
Yeah the main guy is kinda generic. The rest of the show looks cool though.

maxcriden

#GAFTVthreadmeetups

TheAbsolution just came over for some Japanese pastries. We also grabbed some dinner the other night. Spoilers: he's awesome.

Busty

Banned
Lucifer looks so much better than I was expecting. This might actually stand a chance of being really interesting if they lean into the corrupting influence of the devil and his working with the LAPD, or whatever, every week.

Minority Report looks so 'eh'. If Almost Human didn't work on Fox with Abrams' name and a name actor in Karl Urban why would they think this would do any better? I imagine it will be more procedural than that but still...,

The Frankenstein Code has some interesting ideas but horrible execution. I think this code will be buried in mid season unless something else shits the bed for Fox right out of the gate Lone Star style.

Lucifer is looking really good.

Rosewood might be okay.

The rest I'm not feeling at all.

Bordertown looks awful, worse than Cleveland show bad.

Nobility

Banned
PoI AND Hawaiii Five-0 renewed.

LmfDDD9.gif

Ivy, I was refreshing this thread all day at work waiting for you to post that.

Thank you very much and thanks for everyone who makes this thread more interesting than half of network television shows currently airing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom