• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many episodes did Last Man on Earth get picked up for? Because I don't think the premise could stretch beyond 8-10 episodes per season without overstaying its welcome.
The premise of being the last man on Earth didn't stretch beyond the first episode of the first season...

LOL at Bordertown being left out for a second year.

Edit: Nevermind, midseason 2016 it is. It was delayed once again, though

Shows confidence in the product...

Excellent, I was worried.

I like the idea of a new season every 2 year.

Has Phil gone back to being likeable yet? Once he stopped being a sympathetic character, I stopped watching.

I cringed so hard at the episode that ended with him ready to go skinny dipping in the hot springs, that I couldnt keep watching.

Patryn

I stopped watching Bones like 5 years ago, and even then it felt like it had run a couple seasons too long.

It blows my mind that it's still on the air.

I wouldn't call anything they ddi in Scandal with her pregnancy well-handled :p

For the way people watch TV nowadays, looking at their tablets, I think they succeeded. I didn't realize she was pregnant, since it's not like Scandal required my full attention, so I barely look at the screen.

Edit: Any news on POI? It's the only show I would be really mad if it got cancelled.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
The premise of being the last man on Earth didn't stretch beyond the first episode of the first season...
The new premise of there only being a handful of people left alive, and Phil is a horny megalomaniac who alienates them all through his own selfishness.

Has Phil gone back to being likeable yet? Once he stopped being a sympathetic character, I stopped watching.

Nope, I had to stop halfway thru and managed to power through the second half and he is even a bigger idiot/douchebag. If you loved the first half you'll love the second half, if you hated the first half I wouldn't bother watching anymore.

I hope Hawaii 5-0 gets renewed, this season has been completely dumb (still got the last 3 or 4 episodes to watch) but its an absolutely beautiful show to watch, especially their big panoramic helicopter sweeping shots. I've gone to Hawaii twice on vacation due to the show, so I've gotta imagine the state ponying up quite a bit since its basically a 25 hour/year commercial that reaches millions of people.

I'm glad POI was renewed. However, in regards to H50, I think season 6 should be the last one. I just felt the past season was running on fumes. I just think it's really run its course. There aren't many major threads to wrap up, but I think this could be their last chance to do so.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Chances are very high that The Muppets is the only broadcast show I'll sample next year, and I'm more skeptical of that one than most. The aims of the broadcast networks just don't mix with my interests anymore. Dramas are all procedurals and soap operas. Comedies are mostly based around friends and families, the least interesting comedy setup in my mind.

So glad Fresh off the Boat was renewed, love it and the mom in it is smoking

I won't lie, I finally checked out an episode of Fresh Off the Boat after seeing Constance Wu on a recent ep of Childrens Hospital. She was both hilarious and oddly hot*. I also really like Randall Park, but I tend to have a short tolerance for family sitcoms. I can already feel myself getting a little tired of some of the wells Black-ish keeps going to. The episode of Fresh Off the Boat I watched was solid enough, I'll probably watch some more eventually.

*I say oddly only due to the morning show getup she was in.

Chances are very high that The Muppets is the only broadcast show I'll sample next year, and I'm more skeptical of that one than most. The aims of the broadcast networks just don't mix with my interests anymore. Dramas are all procedurals and soap operas. Comedies are mostly based around friends and families, the least interesting comedy setup in my mind.

Im in the exact same boat.

Right now Im only curious about the Muppets, Wayward Pines, and the Xfiles.

The NBC traielrs did nothing for me.

I just hope theres one show off my radar that can blow my mind after learning about it from GAF, as was the case of The 100 last year.

Patryn

So...I have not actually seen POI or Hawaii. I guess I should fix that?

Person of Interest is an interesting twist on a procedural. It's not quite what you'd expect it to be, and takes about half a season to really start developing. At this point, it's become fairly serialized.

G0523

I just noticed that The Odd Couple (CBS) got renewed. I guess this ends Matthew Perry's one and done streak? Good for him. He needed a win.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

The Player on NBC looks kinda cool, IMO. Worth trying out an episode or two, anyway. Mid-season's Superstore looks like it has potential, too. Minority Report on Fox has a chance of turning out OK.

Not much else catching my eye. I'm with you on checking out The Muppets, though.

Toothless

The Muppets trailer is probably the only trailer I'm actually excited to watch; very curious on how it looks.

Enosh

Thank god. More McGarrett and Danny bromance.
hope one of them isn't missing for like half a season again -.-
spoilers for last season
but man season finale was hilarious, they went to drop a nuke from a helicopter and then outran the blast, so over the top

also loved the guy with the shrimps going "woah I thought it's a bomb, this is so much worse"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom