• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcriden

Loved VMars so I'll definatly check it out.

As for new shows that impressed me I'd have to say The Flash but it feels like it was a weak year for me with new shows, especially comedies. I had high hopes for Marry Me but it was pretty disappointing.

Nice! VM is one of my (and my wife's) all-time faves.

We liked Flash a lot, too. Still have to watch the latest ep. It definitely came at a good time for us since Arrow lost us about halfway through this season. Marry Me was a weird misfire from the 2-3 eps we checked out. Big fan of Happy Endings but it seemed like this was too premise-y and just couldn't hit the same high notes.

My favorite new show would have to be iZombie by default (at least if Daredevil isn't included). Really enjoying it a lot though.

Also, when is You're the Worst supposed to come back, later this summer?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Which is Younger? I want to say this is the first I'm hearing of it...I know my wife really liked Bunheads.

It's a TV land show from Darren Starr. Based on a book, a 40 year old woman finds out her husband has gambled away all of their money and leaves him. She tries to get back into the work force but can't find a job, so she pretends to be 26 to start back at the bottom. It sounds a little outlandish, and it is, but Sutton Foster pulls it off. Because she is magic.

They haven't announced a date yet. They just started shooting S2 a few weeks ago.

Ah, so that's why I haven't been able to find a date. Hope it comes back sooner rather than later. Really don't watch a lot of comedy, although I might check out a couple of the new ones coming this season. Thanks!

Nudull

Banned
New season looks decent, overall.

New:
Scream Queens
Supergirl
The Muppets
Containment
Scream: The Series
The Frankenstein Code
Minority Report
Rosewood
The Grinder
Legends of Tomorrow

Returning:
Sleepy Hollow
Agent Carter
Agents of SHIELD
Galavant
Fresh Off The Boat
The Flash
iZombie
The Last Man on Earth

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Containment: Welcome to the New Post The 100 Age! This doesn't look CW at all. I thought it looked pretty decent actually, though I'm not sure how they plan to get more than one season out of this premise.

Legends of Tomorrow: More superhero stuff from The CW. The entire thing will depend on the chemistry of the cast, which is half full of bland actors who weren't any good on their original shows, so I'm very hesitant about this. We'll see. Could be fun*. Could be awful.
could be both...

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: I want to like this but it didn't really work for me. The humor didn't land and the song(s) sounded bland. It's definitely a very interesting idea for a show though, so I'm hoping they can make it work. Very surprised Showtime had something like this in development since it looks absolutely nothing like any of their other shows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

New shows I'll watch:

Scream Queens
Heroes Reborn

Maybe, depending on reviews/impressions:

The Muppets
Supergirl
Legends of Tomorrow
The Player
Of Kings and Prophets
Containment
The Catch
The Real O'Neals
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

So just watched the Wayward Pines premiere and didn't see the problems that were noted by that reviewer that was posted earlier. I dig it. But.. as was revealed earlier in this thread.. I also liked Happy Town. So ymmv.

The only thing y'all are missing was their promise to CW executives that they would use Radioactive by Imagine Dragons immediately and in the most cringeworthy possible manner.

Im not going to lie, I thought it was hilarious when Radioactive started pumping in. I believe that was immediately after "we're back bitches"?

The one-two combo sold me on the show.

The CW
Legends of Tomorrow: I'm in too deep not to watch this too. Looks pretty good thankfully.
My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: Might be good. I don't know if the concept is cute or creepy though, but it's a musical! I'll give it a shot.
Containment: No thanks.

Wiktor

The only thing y'all are missing was their promise to CW executives that they would use Radioactive by Imagine Dragons immediately and in the most cringeworthy possible manner.

THis is why I'm shocked DC has yet to get CW to make Books of Magic show. I mean..imagine the pitch. It's like Harry Potter, only with sexy teenagers instead od kids and we'll play radioactive in first episode.
Pitch like that...sold on spot at CW.

Easy_G

Just popping in to say that for someone that doesn't follow the thread, this is by far the most confusing thread on neogaf, from the ginormous OP to the ever changing title full of in-jokes. I have no idea what's going on.

Toothless

Containment - Maybe. It could be cool, but I could also see it getting old fast.
Legends of Tomorrow - looks good, but I need to catch up on Arrowverse.
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - Alright, this is probably my favorite looking new show from ANY of the broadcast networks. It looks super fun, and totally up my alley with the musical aspects. Excited for it.

Shows I'll check out:
Blindspot
Rosewood
The Muppets
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
The Frankenstein Code

Wait for reviews:
The Player
Grandfathered
The Grinder
Oil
Limitless
Angel From Hell
The Family
The Real O'Neals
Containment

If I catch up on Heroes/Arrowverse/The X-Files:
Heroes: Reborn
Supergirl
The X-Files Revival
Legends of Tomorrow

Nudull

Banned
Containment could surprise me and be really good, but I feel like it's gonna run out of steam quick unless it finds some strong character relationships.

Joni

Containment could surprise me and be really good, but I feel like it's gonna run out of steam quick unless it finds some strong character relationships.
The casting combined with the fact that it will probably be 13 episodes - because it starts mid-season - at least gives hope they can focus on the characters and not trying to resolve the plot immediately.

Busty

Banned
Just popping in to say that for someone that doesn't follow the thread, this is by far the most confusing thread on neogaf, from the ginormous OP to the ever changing title full of in-jokes. I have no idea what's going on.

Maybe you should turn around and come back the way you came.

*cocks shotgun*

We aint big on strangers in dis thread.

:p

Joni

I'm probably the only one that didn't realize it, but American Crime is bringing back Timothy Hutton and Felicity Huffman for the second season, as completely different characters. I thought they would do like True Detective where they also switch the cast.

Patryn

and then you never laughed or smiled at the show again

That part was so terrible, lol, and it was at least the third CW show that that stupid song has been used in. Their weird tendency to force bad pop music on their shows (?!) is one of the most annoying qualities of the channel. Or maybe it's not forced and they all just do it independently for reasons that are unknown to me.

For me, in addition to playing to my eternal weakness for TV space operas, it was
Jasper catching a spear in the chest
right at the end of the pilot that got me to sit up and pay attention. "Oh, more of that please." If only I knew!

Isn't the music thing a legacy of the WB, where I believe they had a secondary revenue source by putting new music into their shows?

I remember how there used to be ads for the CDs that had the music from the episode right after.

And wasn't there a heavily advertised episode of Smallville that used all REM music or something? Like that was the full pitch, the fact that it was all REM songs and not the episode's plot.

Ricker

Yep...this is a cancellation thread....why are we talking about new shows lol...

maxcriden

I'm probably the only one that didn't realize it, but American Crime is bringing back Timothy Hutton and Felicity Huffman for the second season, as completely different characters. I thought they would do like True Detective where they also switch the cast.

They are?! Wow. That is super weird. They're both great on the show tho. Is S2 mid season again?

Isn't the music thing a legacy of the WB, where I believe they had a secondary revenue source by putting new music into their shows?

I remember how there used to be ads for the CDs that had the music from the episode right after.

And wasn't there a heavily advertised episode of Smallville that used all REM music or something? Like that was the full pitch, the fact that it was all REM songs and not the episode's plot.

The Dawson's creek soundtrack is good stuff.

I just finished iZombie and even my wife who hates zombies quite liked it. It's making me want to watch Veronica Mars, since I missed its original run. I'm not looking forward to DVD quality though. Is a bluray release planned at all?

rossonero

I just finished iZombie and even my wife who hates zombies quite liked it. It's making me want to watch Veronica Mars, since I missed its original run. I'm not looking forward to DVD quality though. Is a bluray release planned at all?

I'm maybe nostalgic, but Veronica Mars is a much better show IMO. See it however you can.

tim.mbp

It's on Amazon Prime Video in HD.

DrEvil

not a medical professional

Ah but once you've spent enough time in this thread. You never want to leave. This is my favourite series of threads / people on gaf because of the insights and conversations had in here. Confusing, sure, but well worth it.

Kaladin

Holy shit at the ending for American Crime.....didn't expect that. Kind of wish it wasn't an anthology, but maybe we'll get some characters from previous seasons crossing over into the new stories.

maxcriden

It hasn't been scheduled, so it will probably air at the start of 2016.

Oh, I see. Thank you Joni!

Wait, was the finale this week? I thought there were a few more eps still to air.

That part was so terrible, lol, and it was at least the third CW show that that stupid song has been used in. Their weird tendency to force bad pop music on their shows (?!) is one of the most annoying qualities of the channel. Or maybe it's not forced and they all just do it independently for reasons that are unknown to me.

I seem to recall the producer saying after the premiere that the pilot had been done a long time earlier and that at the time that song hadn't been used in every TV show.

NimbusD

Huh. That second season finale is what took the show to great-great levels instead of just the regular great level that it was hanging out in all 2nd season.

Eh.
Well, it was mostly great. But the whole backstabbing thing by the grounders made no sense. A poorly written and conceived plot twist that could have been executed so much better (if still a poor choice). Instead it felt cheap and you felt cheated out of at least a minor battle scene that was building all season.

Ah. So I guess the question then becomes.. split like broadcast usually splits a 22 episode season or split like USA does where it's essentially Summer/Winter or Spring/Fall? I guess it doesn't really matter. Streaming shows can run anytime really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom