• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmer_v1

Ivy are you hearing anything about someone picking up Forever? I've noticed a pretty crazy social media campaign to try to get another network or online streaming site to pick it up.

I already forgot what his immortality is caused by, but if you change it to a mysterious virus, it's got a shot.

Edit: No pun intended

Patryn

Watched the Mr. Robot pilot. I was intrigued and will definitely be watching it when it finally airs.

Kind of wish they didn't put it up quite so early. It's a weird cliffhanger at the end, and a month until we can see episode 2.

My only concern is that it feels like something that would work better as a limited series with a clear endgame in mind as opposed to an on-going.

DieH@rd

Banned
I liked it, but there will not be more of it. :-/

On March 10, 2015, Syfy announced that they would not be producing any further episodes or seasons of the show, explaining, "We were very happy with Ascension as an event series, but with so much high profile development in the works, we have decided not to pursue a full series."

Karu

No one on GAF is talking about it, as far as I know, but here's some reviews if you're curious to see what critics are saying.
Seen the first 4 or 5 episodes. It's okay. Surprisingly they did good on the period-part, the cast is solid. Manson... well I like the actors performance to be honest (It's King Renly of GoT-fame), but haven't seen other Manson-work tocompare it to. Overall it drags quite a bit though. Told without much energy.

I just couldn't deal with Ascension's dumb twist and bailed immediately after it.

If it ended up being decent, I'm glad to hear it, but I was just completely turned off by that revelation.

berzeli

Banned
No one on GAF is talking about it, as far as I know, but here's some reviews if you're curious to see what critics are saying.

There actually is an OT for it, I wasn't sure of it was just me imaging things or if it actually existed until I searched for it. It has five replies. So yeah, it isn't really talked about.

I just couldn't deal with Ascension's dumb twist and bailed immediately after it.

If it ended up being decent, I'm glad to hear it, but I was just completely turned off by that revelation.

It ended up being really fucking stupid with (end spoilers)
a magical space child thrown in for "good" measure.
. It did however give us this review which was quite funny:
There’s an entirely superfluous coyness at the opening, when we’re introduced to some of the remarkably bland characters, before the mandatory pull-back reveal shot. Lorelei’s body lies on the beach of a pool that’s in a giant spacecraft, populated with people who never considered alternative fashions to the ones their relatives brought aboard some fifty years previously.

That they then use Rocket Man as the intro music is pretty ironic, because it came out in 1972 and therefore nobody on Ascension would ever have heard it.
Also, some of the acting in these sequences is awful. There is no other way to describe it. People spit out the words like they’ve found something truly horrible in their mouths, and given some of the lines, it’s quite understandable.
That revelation was the only point at which I laughed, because the idea that 600 Americans would go anywhere and no one would bring a gun is beyond belief.

It's all well and good to have a plot twist that completely upends a series' premise.

Unless, of course, the "fake" premise is significantly more interesting than the real one.

Wiktor

It's all well and good to have a plot twist that completely upends a series' premise.

Unless, of course, the "fake" premise is significantly more interesting than the real one.

Yeah. I still enjoyed it, but the twist was like a powerful gut punch to a show, that took all the air out of it's lungs.

Busty

Banned
I see Aquarius is out?

Have anyone seen it?

I quite enjoyed the first episode of Aquarius despite the fact that nothing actually happens in the pilot. There is no 'inciting incident' to kick off the whole series. No major event or obstacle that the protagonists have to overcome.

At the end of the pilot there isn't really anything that has changed in everyone's world. No
huge deaths
, no
massacre
, no
major crime

Mason is portrayed as a creepy and dangerous man but nothing 'world shaking' in terms of the evil deeds he can or will commit. The whole thing just felt really inert.

I might give the second episode a chance but it didn't blow my socks off.

Ascension literally had the worst twist I've ever seen in a film, TV show, book..., anything you can think of.

The twist killed off any dramatic tension the show might have had moving forward, it's as if the writers/producers wanted to deliberately sabotage their own show. I actually really liked the concept and thought that it could have been a really interesting 'bottle show' that could mix sci-fi and soapy elements.

In short Ascension is a show that worked on paper and nowhere else.

Dreadful.

Toothless

Everyone here is talking how bad Ascension's twist was; as someone who's never watched the show, I'm curious on what said twist is. :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Sober

Hmm, saw all the trailers for Sense8 but I'm not exactly entirely sure what the show is supposed to be? Guess we'll know soon enough.

ivysaur12

Banned
I gotta say, I thought Unreal was really fucking good. Imperfect, but thoroughly engrossing and engaging with the subject matter on a much deeper level than expected.

Also, Ascension is the type of show that sounds like something BOLD in when you buy it, and then you have to make it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I gotta say, I thought Unreal was really fucking good. Imperfect, but thoroughly engrossing and engaging with the subject matter on a much deeper level than expected.
It was a lot of fun for me and it's now how I feel the real Bachelor is behind the scenes. I loved both of Shiri Appleby's and Constance Zimmer's characters. I hope this does well enough for Lifetime to stick around for a while and maybe do a Bachelorette-esque season.

ivysaur12

Banned
It was a lot of fun for me and it's now how I feel the real Bachelor is behind the scenes. I loved both of Shiri Appleby's and Constance Zimmer's characters. I hope this does well enough for Lifetime to stick around for a while and maybe do a Bachelorette-esque season.

It's basically a show about "Why do we like to watch a women tear each other down?" I dunno. Everything about it was so much better than it needed to be.

jrush64

Banned
I thought Stitchers was pretty bad. Considering by patience for shows, it was just so cheesy and bad.

Pretty Little Liars is back tonight though.

ivysaur12

Banned
HERO

GEwwTP9.jpg

...sepinwall?

What's so hard to believe! It has a 77 on MC and the premise is really interesting.

Palmer_v1

HERO

http://i.imgur.com/GEwwTP9.jpg[img]

What's so hard to believe! It has a 77 on MC and the premise is really interesting.[/QUOTE]

Where in the hell did you find that? While I would love it if that title actually stuck for broadcast, I'd rather not give the cancellation bear any free advertisement like that.

I fully expect the first song to have some semi-4th wall breaking lines, like when AD talked about how the familay wasn't relateable sometimes.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Prison Break Limited Series In Development at Fox

Fox is developing a limited-series revival of its 2005-09 drama series that would re-team stars Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Details are sketchy, but I hear the reunion project — if it happens — would be similar to last year’s 24: Live Another Day in that it would span a dozen or so episodes and feature a closed-ended storyline.

Firefly next?!

Joni

Wait, what? So they're going to (prison break spoilers lol)
retcon Michael's death? It was really poor and forced, plus it's not the first time they brought someone dead back, but still lol?
Still makes more sense than that ending.

Wiktor

It's only a matter of time until we get a revival of The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Revolution.

Revolution got a comic to wrap up the story.

Plus what can get revivals are popular shows. Also those that eventually lost their viewers, but at least at some point were really big. So even though it breaks my heart, I doubt I will ever get a Millenium revival :(

It's only a matter of time until we get a revival of The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Revolution.

My god I would cry tears of joy. That show started off so amazing, and then went totally batshit insane. I would love to see it come back. Sucks that it will never happen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom