• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EulaCapra

In spin-off of a spin-off of a spin-off news, some questionable packaging came out.
qOTR81a.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How's Wayward Pines doing since ep1 kinda bombed?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
But summer hasn't started Mr lego racoon

Rhaknar

remind me, Forever is dead dead right?

like Constantine dead?

:(

jrDev

Sadly, no one is going to save The Following. I'd love to watch another season of it. The finale set up a pretty kickass fourth season.

I'd call it the greatest guilty pleasure of all time, but I'm not ashamed of my love for it at all.
Is this true? I thought I heard Hulu was picking it up? Please? :/

Rhaknar

What's the word on Silicon Valley? Just watched season 1 and really liked it

Patryn

I think I'm one of the few people who actually really likes The Leftovers.

The secret for me was going in expecting exactly zero answers, as I thought I recalled an interview where they say that they wouldn't be providing any.

Hannibal got a .5 this week. I don't know how cheap it is for NBC but it's gotta be almost free if they're gonna pick it up again. Hopefully Amazon or other networks/services are still interested.

styl3s

What does Playstation Vue mean for the industry? Is this the first a la carte channel system ever?
Sling does the same thing, no? Pretty sure there are other things out there as well that let you cherry pick networks for a price.

If you watch more then a few networks you are almost better off just having cable. I kept my comcast TV because sling (even setting aside 2 channels that are missing that i like) without HBO was going to run me about $60 a month and that's just to be able to watch it on 1 TV. For $70 i get the same stuff, HBO/HBO GO, on demand/access to xfinity streaming and library and 2 HD cable boxes.

Long as the prices are what they are at i don't see any reason to switch from cable if you watch more then a few channels and if you don't watch but 1-2 networks you are just better off having a hulu sub.

beat

Long as the prices are what they are at i don't see any reason to switch from cable if you watch more then a few channels and if you don't watch but 1-2 networks you are just better off having a hulu sub.
Ah. Makes sense.

It's kind of moot now, but come next season, I would like to watch more NBA games and that's not really possible on the internet. Or it is, but I moved to SF and became a fan of the Warriors, and I understand the NBA online system blacks out local games.

Sling does the same thing, no? Pretty sure there are other things out there as well that let you cherry pick networks for a price.

If you watch more then a few networks you are almost better off just having cable. I kept my comcast TV because sling (even setting aside 2 channels that are missing that i like) without HBO was going to run me about $60 a month and that's just to be able to watch it on 1 TV. For $70 i get the same stuff, HBO/HBO GO, on demand/access to xfinity streaming and library and 2 HD cable boxes.

What people screaming for a la carte fail to see, or refuse to accept, is that the result will inevitably be that you end up paying near the same for many fewer channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom