• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Slater curse has been broken! The prophecy has been fulfilled!

So USA is copying Starz now? (A nice vote of confidence for an excellent pilot, I hope the rest of the show holds up.)

Someone forgot about Breaking In....

(Which was technically cancelled before it was renewed...I guess that's the only way to break the curse)

Futurematic

Slater curse?
Didn't most of his recent stuff make it to season 2?

Not my man Slater: My Own Worst Enemy, The Forgotten, Breaking In (technically cancelled, before being uncancelled), and Mind Games.

Edit, goddamnit I didn't notice the new page, though I love the fact we both used "technically cancelled" lol.

Patryn

The Slater curse has been broken! The prophecy has been fulfilled!

So USA is copying Starz now? (A nice vote of confidence for an excellent pilot, I hope the rest of the show holds up.)

I think USA saw the glowing praise for Mr. Robot and figured that it wanted to have a critical darling.

Patryn

We DVRed it. Did anyone actually watch it?

Was it just the pilot that was put up for streaming weeks ago? If so, I saw that and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Yeah, it was the pilot that was put online a few weeks ago.

I watched it online, and watched most of it again last night.

I really like it.

Someone online said that it had the feel of a British thriller, and it really does. It feels much more like Utopia or even Sherlock than an American show.

I really like it.

Someone online said that it had the feel of a British thriller, and it really does. It feels much more like Utopia or even Sherlock than an American show.

Terrible name, though. Then again, they might have gone with something like Hackerz...

Over Hannibal?? Oh for fuck's sake...
It has higher ratings than Hannibal. A viral clips show on MTV had the same ratings as Hannibal past week. I love Hannibal but NBC gave it a fair chance. Season 3 premiere had a rating of less than half of last season´s premiere, which is fucking awful for a show that was on the brink of being cancelled last year.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Over Hannibal?? Oh for fuck's sake...

Wasn't that the show that was considered DOA?

“Aquarius” delivered the most-watched first 24 hours for a summer series premiere ever on NBC.com and the NBC App. With the surge in viewership generated by “Aquarius,” NBC Digital (NBC.com, the NBC app and Hulu) went on to log its biggest summer weekend ever.

Through 28 days, it’s the #2 most-viewed drama premiere ever on NBC.com and the NBC App, behind only “The Blacklist.”

Social media has seen a surge of viewers asking for season two of “Aquarius,” with that steady stream of requests starting the morning after of the show’s digital premiere.

TheOddOne

NBC has renewed Aquarius for season two
seriously.gif

Sober

Can't be mad at NBC over Hannibal. The fact it existed at all in that state impresses the hell out of me.
I can only imagine the people still mad about it weren't actually there to watch Hannibal over the two years it was on the air.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Okay, I take it back. USA may have Suits AND Mr. Robot if Mr. Robot stays this compelling. I watched it because the advertising made me think David Fincher was creating it. It was one of the writers for the Social Network (not Aaron Sorkin, forgetting the name right now) and it's pretty technical so it'll go over the head of most of the TV viewing audience, but the plot itself is pretty compelling.

Pretty good compliment to Suits, though I think the light fluffy "lawyer" show going with a lot of technical jargon may not blend for most people.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

I really like it.

Anyone know how many episodes long Mr. Robot is?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm watching an Australian show called Miss Fisher's Mysteries and I honestly don't know if I am watching it because it has people with funny accents in costumes or if it's good. I know I gave up on the similarly premised Canadian show Murdoch Mysteries, so it's probably the accents.

tchocky

I'm watching an Australian show called Miss Fisher's Mysteries and I honestly don't know if I am watching it because it has people with funny accents in costumes or if it's good. I know I gave up on the similarly premised Canadian show Murdoch Mysteries, so it's probably the accents.

I really enjoyed both seasons but I think I am just a sucker for female led crime period pieces, since I also loved Agent Carter and The Bletchley Circle.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I really enjoyed both seasons but I think I am just a sucker for female led crime period pieces, since I also loved Agent Carter and The Bletchley Circle.
I think the fact that it's a female lead that makes it stand out more than something like Murdoch Mysteries. Although I feel like a lot of what I've seen in season 3 has seemed anachronistic, but then again I have no idea what the 20s were like in Australia. lol

(It's funny that you bring up Agent Carter, because this is so much better than that at least!)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yeah. I was already teenager when I've watcher her play a teenager on Buffy. And now she's been cast as a mother of a teenager :D
I don't feel old because she was 27 during the first year of Buffy. She's 44 y/o after all. Besides, she was already cast as a motherly character in ABC Family's The Lying Game a few years ago.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So I don't usually take TV critics, or criticism aggregates, all that seriously, but on Metacritic right now True Detective season 2 has a 61, Ballers has a modestly impressive 65, and The Brink has a generous 51 average score. Just to remind everyone that this is what we've got on HBO now in the absence of a third season of Enlightened.

The Brink is reviewing worse than "A.D. the Bible Continues" based on the best-selling book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom