• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
there is absolutely zero possibility that the flash won't get a full season and renewed for a second season

i'm all for hedging bets, but come on

Penguin

there is absolutely zero possibility that the flash won't get a full season and renewed for a second season

i'm all for hedging bets, but come on

I'm actually surprised they didn't already announce a full season pick-up, but guess want to be cautious with week 2's numbers

Hobbun

Spoil me on the ending: Did the rememberer ever manage to unforget who murdered her, or did she unremember it right until the very end?

She resolved that problem. Got her flawless memory back at the end of the episode. But the show ended on a bit of a cliff-hanger. Both Carrie and Al finally admitted their feelings with one another, however, the episode (series) ends with Carrie's husband (???) showing up at the hospital to go see her.

Oh well.

Arrow has gotten 23 episodes for its first two seasons as for the other part...
That's not how that works :p

How are budgets factored and applied? Is it an X amount per episode with an X number of episodes or are they given a lump sum for number of episodes agreed to and ordered where the people in charge of the show having to figure it out how much to spend per episode to make sure they have enough money to meet the agreed to number of episodes? Or some other way? I know I've seen a number of times in the past where producers talk about trying to save money so they can put it into a "big episode" or their finale. But how does it work exactly?

I was just repeating the idea that it may get 22 instead of 23 due to production costs based on a comment by the guy who runs KSite and the various other sites under its umbrella that he wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. If he's wrong *shrug*, eh.

Also that.

Which... I basically said in that irrelevant part of the tweet which was about the viewership. The idea that The Flash wouldn't get a full season order was never in doubt by me. But The Flash was still sent to series with an initial 13 episode order and a couple weeks ago it was reported that the CW ordered three additional scripts which sounds like it hasn't been picked for its back 9/10/whatever as of then regardless of The CW being half owned by Warner Brothers.

I was also just wondering what the final numbers for the pilot would end up being...

ivysaur12

Banned
I was just repeating the idea that it may get 22 instead of 23 due to production costs based on a comment by the guy who runs KSite and the various other sites under its umbrella that he wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. If he's wrong *shrug*, eh.

It's late so excuse the short response, but no, that wouldn't really be a factor in episode order.

The post in question: http://www.ksitetv.com/forums/showthread.php?171290-CW-Orders-Backup-Scripts-for-The-Flash&p=8087063&viewfull=1#post8087063 is really strange. That's not really how it works at all and, knowing the irony in what I'm about to say, I would never trust people on the internet who have "knowledge" of how budgets or episode orders work. It's one of the most closely guarded aspects of TV, for whatever reason.

cory64

100% truth: the difference between a 22 episode order and a 23 episode order involves something like the trade between Al Michaels and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Probably.

mm04

This is going to end up being a bad move. Gotham feels like a series that would work best with a more limited order.

More Netflix money, I suppose. But hardly any show that isn't a sit-com, really benefits from a longer run like that nowadays. It works for Arrow because they move so quickly and pack a ton of stuff in so it never gets boring. I'm not sure how much Gotham they can squeeze (stretch) into 22 episodes. I do enjoy the show, so I hope it succeeds.

Prediction for Jane The Virgin?

I gotta say, I really love how old Madame Secretary skews. It's great to have a mature show on broadcast television that doesn't have to objectify women or result to sensory perception overload to get the viewers attention. Proving once again why they are the Greatest Generation.

This is going to end up being a bad move. Gotham feels like a series that would work best with a more limited order.

I thought 16 was the full order for the season until I read this news everywhere. That was more than enough episodes. 22 seems like too many.

I thought 16 was the full order for the season until I read this news everywhere. That was more than enough episodes. 22 seems like too many.

Yeah they originally stated 16 as the "full season" order for Gotham, but I guess things changed when it's just about the only show on the network that doesn't have abysmal ratings.

- Deadline: ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Debut Shatters Records; 17.3M Watch
With a lot of red meat and explosions galore, the zombie apocalypse returned to AMC last night bigger than ever. The Season 5 debut of The Walking Dead pulled in 17.3 million total viewers on Sunday at 9 PM with 11.0 million among adults 18-49. That viewership and demo series record chews up the previous high of 16.1 million watching and 10.4 million among the 18-49s that the Season 4 premiere of the blockbuster series drew on October 13 last year.
:O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom