• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Monday numbers from TVbtN:
On NBC, The Voice earned a 3.2 , down 9 percent from last week's 3.5 adults 18-49 rating. The Blacklist scored a 2.5, up 4 percent from last week's 2.4 adults 18-49 rating.

On CBS, 2 Broke Girls garnered a series low 1.9, down 14 percent from last week's 2.2 adults 18-49 rating. The Millers notched a series low 1.5, down 9 percent from last week's 1.6 adults 18-49 rating. Scorpion scored a 2.0, down 10 percent from last week's 2.2 adults 18-49 rating. NCIS: Los Angeles matched last week’s series low 1.5 adults 18-49 rating.

On FOX, Gotham scored a 2.2, down 8 percent from last week's 2.4 adults 18-49 rating. Sleepy Hollow matched last week's series low 1.5 adults 18-49 rating.

On ABC, Dancing with the Stars garnered a 2.1, up 5 percent from last week's 2.0 adults 18-49 rating. Castle earned a 1.7, up 6 percent from a 1.6 adults 18-49 rating for its most recent episode.

On The CW The Originals scored a 0.7, up 40 percent from last week's series low 0.5 adults 18-49 rating. Jane the Virgin earned a 0.5, up 25 percent from last week's 0.4 adults 18-49 rating.

Why would Netflix save it? What does Netflix have to gain here? Is Selfie a popular show? Seems to me like a significant chunk of those who initially sampled the show left and did not come back. And very few people sampled it to begin with, which suggests that the premise wasn't that appealing. Is this likely to be a cult show? To age well? To consistently get rewatched? Is there a serial hook people are invested in and would pay to get closure on?

I don't really see the case for Netflix rescuing it, unless the case is "Someone who likes a show doesn't want it to be cancelled and so just asks if DirecTV, TBS, TNT, Netflix, Hulu, Yahoo, MySpace, NeoGAF.com, or other outlets will save the show just because it's a good show".
The days of these companies rescuing shows is over. They didn't even rescue Hieroglyph.....

ivysaur12

Banned
If you watched Season 2 you can sort of see why (although I don't really know who should get the bulk of blame for the terrible character arcs).

The person who should get the blame is probably the person who is in charge with the creative direction of the show on a season long basis. But. You know. Maybe this time it was the staff.

maxcriden

I can't, for the life of me, work out what this show is about without spoiling things - what's the basic premise? Thanks!

Haven't seen it, but I don't mind being spoiled, so via IMDb:

Explorer Sir Malcolm Murray, American gunslinger Ethan Chandler, and others unite to combat supernatural threats in Victorian London.

I hope that helps.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Boo! Not Franklin and Bash! Not the show with the two actors I love in it that I haven't gotten around to watching since season 1 ended! What will I watch now besides everything else I actually do watch?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm not really that surprised.
Carman and Pindar getting written out really hurt the show.

Tamanon

Banned
http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/11/fox-decides-to-switch-mulaney-and-bobs-burgers-on-sunday-nights/

If you didn’t give Mulaney a chance this past Sunday, the way you were asked to do, you’re probably running out of time to do so. Fox has decided to move the show from its 9:30 PM time slot and switch it with Bob’s Burgers at 7:30 PM. The move is being called a kiss of death for the stand up comic’s first foray into network television, but it’s a positive turn for Bob’s Burgers.

Welp, Mulaney starting it's move into the retirement home. Good for Bob's Burgers though.

TheOddOne

Jimmy-Pesto-Jr-Dancing-Gif.gif

Awesome! USA's last good show now that White Collar is ending.

Agreed as far as their hour long shows go. That said, I wasn't nearly as interested in season 2 as I was the first season. Still excited to see what the next one brings.

If you haven't been watching Benched you really should. Pretty funny 30 minute comedy with a great cast.

I enjoyed Franklin & Bash. sad to see it go.

Yeah, definitely a bummer. Especially with the cliffhanger ending.

That's Riley's first misfire by ending Franklin and Bash. Please don't cancel Perception, Racahel Leigh Cook needs to be on basic cable. Murder in The First has got to go, how a season seven episode of Law and Order could be dragged out for an entire season of a show. Unbelievable.

- Tuesday numbers from TVbtN:
On NBC, The Voice earned a 2.9 adults 18-49 rating , even with its most recent Tuesday original episode. Chicago Fire, which kicked off a crossover storyline with Chicago P.D. and Law & Order: SVU scored a 2.2 adults 18-49 rating, up 29 percent from a 1.7 for its most recent episode

On CBS, NCIS garnered a 2.3 adults 18-49 rating, down 12 percent from a 2.6 for its most recent episode. NCIS: New Orleans earned a 2.0 adults 18-49 rating, down 13 percent from a 2.3 for its most recent episode. Person Of Interest notched a series low1.3 adults 18-49 rating, down 24 percent from a 1.7 for its most recent episode.

On FOX, MasterChef Junior matched last week’s premiere’s 1.8 adults 18-49 rating of. New Girl garnered a 1.3, down 19 percent from last week’s 1.6 adults 18-49 rating. The Mindy Project notched a 1.0, down 23 percent from last week’s 1.3 adults 18-49 rating.

On ABC Selfie matched last week’s 0.9 adults 18-49 rating. Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. scored a series low 1.5 adults 18-49 rating, down 12 percent from a 1.7 for its most recent episode. Your predictions were too optimistic. Forever garnered a 1.0 adults 18-49 rating, down 9 percent from a 1.1 for its most recent episode.

On the CW, The Flash matched its most recent new episode’s 1.4 adults 18-49 rating. The 200th episode of Supernatural notched a 0.9 adults 18-49 rating, up 13 percent from a 0.8 for its most recent episode.

I tried. I felt like I saw most of what the show had to offer in the pilot. Maybe I'll give it another shot one day.
That's kind of true. It's a show that hasn't been able to gracefully leave behind its original premise (like The Good Wife has for example).

I'd still say it's decent Summer fare though.

As was Franklin and Bash. But its cancellation isn't surprising. They lost direction this year.

beat

As someone who never watched either, is Suits different from Franklin and Bash?

(Also, passing this along, since I'm talking about Suits anyways.)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
nooooooooooooo Person of Interest :(

pls dont die :(

- Wednesday numbers from TVbtN:
On NBC, The Voice notched a 2.5, down 14 percent from Tuesday’s 2.9 adults 18-49 rating. Law And Order: SVU earned a 2.4, up 50 percent from last week's 1.6 adults 18-49 rating. Chicago PD scored a 2.2, up 57 percent from last week’s 1.4 adults 18-49 rating. Both scripted programs featured a crossover storyline that launched with Tuesday’s episode of Chicago Fire.

On ABC, The Middle garnered a 1.9 adults 18-49 rating, up 6 percent from a 1.8 for its most recent episode. The Goldbergs scored a 2.1, down 5 percent from a 2.2 adults 18-49 rating for its most recent episode. Modern Family notched a 3.1 adults 18-49 rating, down 11 percent from a 3.5 for its most recent episode. black-ish earned a 2.5, down 7 percent from a 2.7 adults 18-49 rating for its most recent episode. Nashville earned a 1.4 adults 18-49 rating, even with its most recent episode.

On CBS, Survivor matched last week's 2.3 adults 18-49 rating. Criminal Minds scored a 2.3, up 10 percent from last week's series low 2.1 adults 18-49 rating. Stalker garnered a 1.4, down 7 percent from last week's 1.5 adults 18-49 rating.

On FOX, Hell's Kitchen garnered a 1.5, up 25 percent from last week’s 1.2 adults 18-49 rating. Red Band Society matched last week’s 0.9 adults 18-49 rating.

On The CW, Arrow earned a 0.9, down 18 percent from last week's 1.1 adults 18-49 rating. The 100 scored a 0.6, up 20 percent from last week's 0.5 adults 18-49 rating.

spookyfish

nooooooooooooo Person of Interest :(

pls dont die :(

Person of Interest died to my wife and me after the second season, when they added Shaw (unnecessary, wooden actress) and Root (Amy Acker? Again? No thanks.) and Miles from Lost as regular characters. Then they got rid of the detective! Ugh.

Yeah, I'm out.

For people who still enjoy it, I hope it doesn't get cancelled, but they turned people off like me who really enjoyed the core cast, and didn't see the need for all the new "Poochies." It was always about Reese and Harold; the bloat wasn't fun for me (and many others, apparently).

And I'm old and cranky, so ... there's that.

Patryn

Person of Interest died to my wife and me after the second season, when they added Shaw (unnecessary, wooden actress) and Root (Amy Acker? Again? No thanks.) and Miles from Lost as regular characters. Then they got rid of the detective! Ugh.

Yeah, I'm out.

For people who still enjoy it, I hope it doesn't get cancelled, but they turned people off like me who really enjoyed the core cast, and didn't see the need for all the new "Poochies." It was always about Reese and Harold; the bloat wasn't fun for me (and many others, apparently).

Ken Leung (Miles) was in 4 episodes. In Season 2.

He's never been seen again.

Sloane

Banned
Bit weird complaining about a wooden actress when the lead character is played by Jim Caviezel. Sarah Shahi might not be the greatest actress ever but she's perfect for the part.

As for Amy Acker and her character, yeah, I wasn't happy about that either but they've developed her nicely enough of the course of the last half season or so. And getting rid of the detective means more Fusco, who has turned out to be great as comic relief since she's gone.

I probably wouldn't be terribly sad, if it got cancelled after this season (which I doubt anyway), but, to me at least, the show has only gotten better over time, mostly due to those new characters and shake-ups.

Yeah, I'm out.

What do you have against Amy Axker, brah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom